Welcome To aBlackWeb

Work Out, Get Fit Thread

Do any of y’all wear those neoprene waist things or vest while working out?

I wear the vest to sweat my cinnamon rolls on my back out.

It's been working... counted them biotchez yesterday and I'm down to like 1 and a half!

Just signed up to a gym on my way home from work

Today is Day 14/100

I decided to hop on my scale today and I’m 6 pounds down. Possibly more due to lady reasons. I’ve been eating like a damn champion. Jamaica ain’t gon be ready for me and this outfit I’m gonna debut. Unless I get a boyfriend before then.

I must say I feel better too. Exciting.

I’ve officially worked out two weeks straight.

IM SO FUCKIN PROUD OF MYSELF FOR BEING DEDICATED!

I've started running from the bus stop to my home (1/4 mile) with the dog. Either she fast as fuck or my cardio game is terrible

I use be swift AF, now.....well I ain't bunny hopping fences anytime soon.

Positive, last week hit the pump 3x when I got home. This week.....nothing

I did a plank for 2 whole minutes yesterday. I've never been able to do it for one minute before.

Yeah LOU!! Get it in!

I believe I will hit my 4/36 tonight.

Imma act a fool when I do it to. Apologies to those who happen to be in the gym with me this evening.

You should do something special for yourself as you accomplish each of your tasks.

Whatcha gone do?

Fuck that shit. Ill do 4 miles in an hour. But thats mainly because for about a mile I will just be walking and listening to music. Then i run for a little over a mile, then walk at 15inch incline, then finish it off with a run. I really need to work on my time haha. Wish it was still summer, i would go running outside.

Yeah LOU!! Get it in!

I believe I will hit my 4/36 tonight.

Imma act a fool when I do it to. Apologies to those who happen to be in the gym with me this evening.

You should do something special for yourself as you accomplish each of your tasks.

Whatcha gone do?
Post the results.

I work out pretty hard. I was in a place where that is all I did..

I run 6 to 7 miles a day.
300 squats a day
1 mile of lunges a day
200 ab crunches a day
200 calf lifts a day
100 each leg side lunges a day
80 push ups a day

I drink plenty of water. Stretch about 30 to 45 minutes prior before my workout time. Stretching was the key to help me with my soreness. Sometimes I do more than mentioned above. I don't work out at the gym I usually go to the college football track to run my miles and do the rest of my workouts there as well. I enjoy my zen time with mother nature.

I eat plenty of protein, fiber, and a few healthy carbs. However, it is more protein than anything. I eat whatever foods I like when I desire for it but it is all about portion. I don't deprive myself from ice cream and steaks once in awhile. Hahaha.

Oh yea, I work out 6 days out of a week. When I first started, I started to lose weight, I had just had my son and I wanted to lose all my baby weight and some. But when I reached my goal I just couldn't stop working out. I got addicted lol.

i recently began a program called "starting strentgh" by Mark Rippetoe. He has tons of videos on youtube.

but it even has a VERY nice app as well.

It takes ALL the guess work out of training. Its basically the principles of understanding the bench press, squat, overhead press, and deadlift. You slowly increase the weight and the app calculates it for you. I'm only a week in and i can tell its working b/c had i tried to do these exercises back in the day, i would've been sore af, but i can feel the small incremental strength already.

You will be tempted to jump ahead of the program, but its best you follow it the way its designed to avoid injury. It keeps tracks of your lifts and everything and even includes excerpts from his book and videos to show you how to do the lifts, but you can always go to youtube. He has a wealth of knowledge.

the app is 9.99 but worth every penny, but whats 9.99 mean to your health? I say its worth it.

I'll be posting some progress in about another 3 weeks which will make me one month in.

i recently began a program called "starting strentgh" by Mark Rippetoe. He has tons of videos on youtube.

but it even has a VERY nice app as well.

It takes ALL the guess work out of training. Its basically the principles of understanding the bench press, squat, overhead press, and deadlift. You slowly increase the weight and the app calculates it for you. I'm only a week in and i can tell its working b/c had i tried to do these exercises back in the day, i would've been sore af, but i can feel the small incremental strength already.

You will be tempted to jump ahead of the program, but its best you follow it the way its designed to avoid injury. It keeps tracks of your lifts and everything and even includes excerpts from his book and videos to show you how to do the lifts, but you can always go to youtube. He has a wealth of knowledge.

the app is 9.99 but worth every penny, but whats 9.99 mean to your health? I say its worth it.

I'll be posting some progress in about another 3 weeks which will make me one month in.

Now is this for muscle? To tone up?? Because that is my next step to my fitness goal.. I am going to check out the app...

Thanks for sharing info.

Now is this for muscle? To tone up?? Because that is my next step to my fitness goal.. I am going to check out the app...

Thanks for sharing info.

its for what you need it for

you can curtail it to your needs. I am trying to build strength so naturally, my goal is to get bigger but stronger. There are a lot of dudes who look strong, but have weak cores and stuff, and thats a recipe for disaster. I mean, if you just trying to get some women to like you on instagram, thats not the worst thing i suppose, but im trying to gain functional strength on a muscular and bone level

so if you see its increasing to more weights in your "working sets" section, you can just manipulate it, and it will calculate everything off that.

Before you buy the app, check out some of the guys videos on youtube first.

and this is the app

this is an older vid but you get the gist

Back