Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Is Bruno Mars a culture vulture?

I'm done!! This knock and Gns missing the mark

giphy.gif

Nigga you know what "white music" is.

Hence why you wasn't familiar w/ Lenny Kravitz or Darius Rucker music.

Rock N Roll is not white music

Country is not white music

Again breh what is white music you speak of?

Oh it's white music because the same thing Bruno is doing and other whites are doing to R&B and Rap made those other genres (that I know what you're talking bout) white now, thus you saying "white music" but yet Bruno isn't a culture vulture.

Your whole post is what me and @GNS is talking bout.

You do know those whites who took country music and Rock N Roll, gave props to Little Richard and others and they also had all black bands too

Reactions: GNS
Big dog, you do know basketball was a boring game, just like baseball.

Black ppl were the ones to make both games pop off, and I don't believe any white historian information about them creating anything.

Black ppl created the fast-break, created stealing bases, see the Negro League and why the whites dismantled that league.

Black ppl make things pop and go, created more things that ppl can imagine.

Who you think were playing games in the field? cacs?

Breh, No bone in my body believes that a white man created basketball and baseball

jerry-seinfeld-done.gif

My definition of a culture vulture is one who uses the music for their own gain without giving fuck about progressing it
So all one has to do to not be a culture vulture in your book is apart from doing all of the above "give props" to the originators?!
Oh ok

So y'all saying since these non blacks pay homage that they can't be culture vultures, so by y'all logic Maclemore isn't one either

Niggas don't even know when ppl are robbing them and making money off the culture.

Man let us just give props in a magazine and get a few niggas as dancers and band members and they won't think I'm a culture vulture Lol

Yall funny mane

So all one has to do to not be a culture vulture in your book is apart from doing all of the above "give props" to the originators?!
Oh ok
What else do you want them to do family? Bruno Mars could resurrect James Brown and you would still shit on him

So y'all saying since these non blacks pay homage that they can't be culture vultures, so by y'all logic Maclemore isn't one either

Man these niggas couldn't tell you who or what is one. Just say you love black ppl and get a few niggas to appear on stage and in the video and you got these niggas smh Lol.

It's not like Bruno Mars' presence is stopping black people from making music anymore.

.... exactly how I feel

I'm an 80s baby and grew up on the RnB sounds of the late 80s to the 90s; New Jack Swing, Kellz, New Edition to Boyz II Men and Babyface

Mars brought back that sound with that 24K album and I thank him for that... it's hard for music made in this modern era to take me back

What are our RnB brothas doing creatively other than trying to rap? RnB mainstream wise fell off badly like early noughties and you can't blame anyone else for that.

The best RnB shit now is indie.... Thundercat's Drunk was my album of 2017 overall

A black consumer buying a bruno mars cd = a white billionaire that runs every aspectof the nba

Got it

I didn't say or suggest that. Your argument was simply that if a person of the originating group paid a person from another group to do the activity, then that person isn't "culture vulturing." The amount of money that people have is irrelevant. If you don't believe NBA players a culture vultures because they are being paid members of the originating group to take part in the culture, how can you say Bruno is one when he too is receiving funds from members of the originating group to take part in that culture. This is your argument not mine. I'm just showing you the holes in it.

Big dog, you do know basketball was a boring game, just like baseball.

Black ppl were the ones to make both games pop off, and I don't believe any white historian information about them creating anything.

Black ppl created the fast-break, created stealing bases, see the Negro League and why the whites dismantled that league.

Black ppl make things pop and go, created more things that ppl can imagine.

Who you think were playing games in the field? cacs?

Breh, No bone in my body believes that a white man created basketball and baseball

That's a good argument for the contributions of blacks to the innovation of basketball. Those innovations from blacks don't mean Naismith, a white man, didn't create the sport. Whites have innovated Rock and Roll and Jazz. That doesn't mean black people didn't create those music forms. And by trying to take credit from whites for creating those sports, you're basically culture vulturing on behalf of the blacks that play those sports. lol

What else do you want them to do family? Bruno Mars could resurrect James Brown and you would still shit on him
I dont even hate the guy i just dont listen to him or check for him cause i know if a negro was doing what he was doing he damn sho aint getting played on kiss fm and hot 97.
But yea u saying these people can take take take and give props or hire some black people(like that aint an image thing) and everything is cool is a no for me dawg

I didn't say or suggest that. Your argument was simply that if a person of the originating group paid a person from another group to do the activity, then that person isn't "culture vulturing." The amount of money that people have is irrelevant. If you don't believe NBA players a culture vultures because they are being paid members of the originating group to take part in the culture, how can you say Bruno is one when he too is receiving funds from members of the originating group to take part in that culture. This is your argument not mine. I'm just showing you the holes in it.

That's a good argument for the contributions of blacks to the innovation of basketball. Those innovations from blacks don't mean Naismith, a white man, didn't create the sport. Whites have innovated Rock and Roll and Jazz. That doesn't mean black people didn't create those music forms. And by trying to take credit from whites for creating those sports, you're basically culture vulturing on behalf of the blacks that play those sports. lol

Bro, you really think a crusty ass white man with no skill set invented basketball? come on man Lol.

Who and where did he get this idea from, ole let me guess, he just woke up and saw cacs playing huh? Come on bro.

Dude Little Richard was the best to do it, Elvis copied his whole style from a black man and whites hail him to being the GOAT and shit. Come on big dog Lol.

its obvious there seems to be several definitions of culture vultures

Dame told ya'll:

1) a person does not have to be black to be of the culture
2) being of the culture is being around other like minded individuals who are trying to advance the culture

with that being said

Miley Cyrus...culture vulture...started out making pop records. I think her biggest hit to date was 'party in the USA"...once that dried up...she started "twerking"...linked up with Mike Will Made it, then was in the videos wearing jordans and Jordan jerseys...She gets on the dope, then denounces everything about hiphop when she was cool with it a few months previously

Justin Timberlake...culture vulture...started out in pop bands...rocking cornrows. Breaks from the group, drops "Justified" with heavy production from Neptunes/Timbo...Superbowl incident with Janet...she gets blackballed, he just goes on like nothing happened. Never once spoke up for Janet

Maclemore...im not sure what to even call him b/c i know he was pandering to the gay community for sales.

Post Malone...who knows wtf he was doing prior to the success of White Iverson, but dude drops that, tries to stay hip and in the good graces of black folks...fast forward, he talking about how hiphop is the devil

THESE are prime examples

where does Bruno fit on this spectrum

Bro, It's just barbershop talk

I'm asking what is "white music" big dog?

Classical
Bluegrass and Folk (basically country music without the black influence)
Ambient and Chill (even though you could argue those forms blend a lot of influences, but whites are basically the progenitors of the genres)
Traditional European Styles (e.g, Celtic music from artists like Enya and Clannad)

I'm just answering your question, not suggesting that Blacks don't have American music on lock, because we all know the truth about that.

Slim YOU said you don't even believe who created basketball and baseball even tho it's documented. lol

Again

jerry-seinfeld-done.gif

Bro, so just because it's documented that means it's law.

As I asked the other poster, you really think this dude came up with this concept? Really my nigga?

Columbus is documented for discovering America too, so you believe that too huh

I dont even hate the guy i just dont listen to him or check for him cause i know if a negro was doing what he was doing he damn sho aint getting played on kiss fm and hot 97.

Krit don't get played on them stations either but wack ass niggas like Future and 21 Savage do.

what's your point.

Back