Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Chris Rock: Selective Outrage

yall niggas just be saying Carlin cuz its the “IT” thing to do
giphy.gif

We ain't disrespecting one of the GOATs today. Nah.

Carlin was/is/will be an icon in comedy. If you've never seen him, that's on you.

Ok i finished it. Nigga had me questioning him in the beginning. First 30 mins or so coulda got chopped but everything after that was gold. That's what I want from Rock.

I feel the same. I was made at the jokes at the beginning, but I feel like you could have gotten them or at least comparable quality from some YouTube comedian just starting out.

And cussing out black folk in front of white folks?

He contradicting himself but let the jokes fly anyhow

If you talking about Will and Jada, he didn't really cuss them out. It's not like he was on some "Fuck them" shit. He just explained his side of the incident. He got the right to do that. Jada damn sure gave her side on her platform, and so did Will.

Honestly, he didn't really even go hard at them like that. Some of it might have sounded harsh but it really wasn't when you consider the fact that everything he said was shit they put out themselves. At the end of the day, the worst thing he really said was that Will being selectively outraged and choosing to hit the guy he knew he could beat was some bitch shit. Rock isn't wrong about that.

If you talking about Will and Jada, he didn't really cuss them out. It's not like he was on some "Fuck them" shit. He just explained his side of the incident. He got the right to do that. Jada damn sure gave her side on her platform, and so did Will.

Honestly, he didn't really even go hard at them like that. Some of it might have sounded harsh but it really wasn't when you consider the fact that everything he said was shit they put out themselves. At the end of the day, the worst thing he really said was that Will being selectively outraged and choosing to hit the guy he knew he could beat was some bitch shit. Rock isn't wrong about that.

All that shit means nothing cos he still didn't reply the physical hit he took from Will ...

He got the right to yap about it though

Reactions: GNS
All that shit means nothing cos he still didn't reply the physical hit he took from Will ...

He got the right to yap about it though

He replied the way he's capable of replying. He basically admitted that he wasn't capable of beating Will in a fight, so his only recourse is to take that L and say his peace in a comedy special which is what he did.

Referring to Jada as a "bitch" several times was totally unnecessary... IMO

I guess, but it wasn't some generic shit. That's clearly his honest about about who and what she is.

Referring to Jada as a "bitch" several times was totally unnecessary... IMO

That's the only legit gripe I can see someone having with that part of the special. Will is the one who hit him so having smoke for Jada too can easily be seen as taking more shots at her that got him smacked to begin with. He could've flamed Will Smith without calling Jada a bitch.

All I need to know is, are we laughing because it’s funny or are we just tryna hand Chris a sympathy bag?

LOL

Before Rock uttered the joke he told before he was slapped on that stage ... He said the words:

"Jada I love you..."

And...

All I need to know is, are we laughing because it’s funny or are we just tryna hand Chris a sympathy bag?

The special was funny, but it wasn't anything special. At one time I thought Rock was one of the funniest comedians ever. Now, he's just ok. His jokes have the same kind of insight they used to, but they don't pack that punch anymore.

Back