Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Chris Rock: Selective Outrage

Yeah I'm not defending this online. Mofos got the context all screwed up. Not even posting the whole joke. Picking and choosing what to get mad over. I'ma just keep scrolling and back to the cave I go.

Well the name of the special was selective outrage...

I do think had Chris Rock done more of his traditional style cultural analysis style jokes it would've been received better by most. But there's also a generational gap if you're looking at reactions on social media. Alot of young folks today don't know Bring The Pain, Bigger and Blacker etc...so their frame of reference for Chris begins and ends within the last 5 years or so. You see the same shit when younger folks talk about Martin Lawrence. His entire career to some has now become "he made colorist jokes about Pam. It was never funny"

Well the name of the special was selective outrage...

I do think had Chris Rock done more of his traditional style cultural analysis style jokes it would've been received better by most. But there's also a generational gap if you're looking at reactions on social media. Alot of young folks today don't know Bring The Pain, Bigger and Blacker etc...so their frame of reference for Chris begins and ends within the last 5 years or so. You see the same shit when younger folks talk about Martin Lawrence. His entire career to some has now become "he made colorist jokes about Pam. It was never funny"

i disagree, because that’s essentially what he did last night and you see the reaction it got

i disagree, because that’s essentially what he did last night and you see the reaction it got

Ehh idk. I mean if we talking about selective outrage and corporate hypocrisy you mean to tell me he couldn't do better than a 5 minute lululemon bit? Talking about Elon Musk sperm count? The bit about abortion was more in line with his way of breaking down a topic and making it funny.

Ehh idk. I mean if we talking about selective outrage and corporate hypocrisy you mean to tell me he couldn't do better than a 5 minute lululemon bit? Talking about Elon Musk sperm count? The bit about abortion was more in line with his way of breaking down a topic and making it funny.
Yea i think the musk shit was wack.. everything else was on point

pointing out the hypocrisy of corporations insisting they don’t discriminate against anyone, while selling products that price out poor customers? i didn’t need more than 5 minutes to see his point

that musk bit was weird. everybody (figuratively) being on elon’s dick which led to his low sperm count was where i thought the joke was heading

mentioning another man’s sperm count is never not awkward tho

pointing out the hypocrisy of corporations insisting they don’t discriminate against anyone, while selling products that price out poor customers? i didn’t need more than 5 minutes to see his point

that musk bit was weird. everybody (figuratively) being on elon’s dick which led to his low sperm count was where i thought the joke was heading

mentioning another man’s sperm count is never not awkward tho

I got the point of the lululemon bit but he could've dug deeper. Given more examples.

yall niggas just be saying Carlin cuz its the “IT” thing to do

Nah. I've legit been a fan of his since I was a teenager. I actually got into him after hearing Chris Rock talk about him and found his material. There's alot of comics today doing very bad Carlin impersonations

Back