Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Chris Rock: Selective Outrage

Watching it now. Only laughed once. 30 mins in. His delivery sounds dated, even if the material is new. Maybe that's why it's not that funny to me. And he's passing it off as "edgy." It ain't.

The Draymond joke was funny. The Republicans vs Democrats part is innovative. Chappelle did the abortion bit better.

Last edited:
Lp

Lotta people NEVER liked Chris Rock. I remember that from every special he had.

Internet just amplifies every voice
That .. and the fact its en vogue now

Still among my faves it is what it is..

But ain't it peculiar there is a whole ecosystem of non comedic shit that attacks and ridicules people from reality tv, to gossip sites etc...and it is wholly supported without any thought the dissonance is thick

exactly-chris-rock.gif

Shit really makes you feel bad for comedians.

Cuz it's their job to be "edgey" but it's only funny when it's unapologetic..... It's almost defensive now.

Imagine if Patrice O'Neal had stayed around and gotten more popular..... They prolly have him back treading on everything he said too

I actually think if Patrice ONeal was still alive his comedy would still be great because one thing he hated was people, especially people in positions of privilege bitching. And i can only imagine how annoyed he'd be at the amount of white comedians whining about not being able to be "funny" anymore

I actually think if Patrice ONeal was still alive his comedy would still be great because one thing he hated was people, especially people in positions of privilege bitching. And i can only imagine how annoyed he'd be at the amount of white comedians whining about not being able to be "funny" anymore
I remember he use to be on that show with Colin Quinn when i tell you them crackers took liberties ....
I hated them because it felt like it was hate under the guise comedy

Colin Quinn was funny i didnt get that impression from him

I remember he use to be on that show with Colin Quinn when i tell you them crackers took liberties ....
I hated them because it felt like it was hate under the guise comedy

Colin Quinn was funny i didnt get that impression from him

I say that because even though i thought it was weird he would go on their show, how hard he'd go on Opie and Anthony when about white people let me know he wasn't scared to call out their bullshit to their faces.

But what you said is alot of people's issue with what some call comedy today. It's not even jokes it's "let me say something to piss people off then complain when they get mad"...and true comics hate that shit. As dumb as I think he is Katt Williams made an excellent point a couple years back when he said if you can't do comedy without intentionally trying to offend people then you probably ain't that funny to begin with.

The Beyonce/Jay-Z and Snoop jokes weren't funny, but they were true. Him repeating that he didn't need anymore problems with rappers after both jokes was mildly amusing.

Perfect title for the special.

Simply because it points out the hypocrisy of certain people's reactions to the show.

It even points out Chris Rock's own selective outrage.

The main criticism I've seen of the special itself though is that it just wasn't that funny to some overall. And not just from people who recently fell on the Rock hate train. From people who've long been fans of his have had the same "this was mid at best" reaction and for alot of the same reasons that have nothing to do with Will and Jada commentary.

I don't get this performing in front white spaces bullshit.

Nigga did this show in BALTIMORE. Can't get much blacker than that

That's one of the flaws in the "don't talk about things in front of white people" pov. No matter where or what platform Black people talk about shit white people will still have access to it. Especially in this day where discussions are had on public forums and open spaces. It's basically a way to say "Don't talk about our issues. Ever. At anytime because white people might hear"

That's one of the flaws in the "don't talk about things in front of white people" pov. No matter where or what platform Black people talk about shit white people will still have access to it. Especially in this day where discussions are had on public forums and open spaces. It's basically a way to say "Don't talk about our issues. Ever. At anytime because white people might hear"
Other races can avoid this because they have their own languages. Another consequence of the diaspora.

Back