Welcome To aBlackWeb

Child Support - Fair or Foul?

I'm not going to try and speak from a position like I know everything so let me say, I'm not familiar with no other state outside of Louisiana. Hell, Louisiana is either the only state or one of the few that require the two parties that are getting a divorce to be separated 12 months first if they have children. Other states either do 6 months and the rest make it final as soon as the papers are signed by the judge.

With that said, in the state of Louisiana, just because you are a woman and walk into a court trying to file papers, they not just gon automatically put a dude on support. Again, this not a one size fits all approach. If you have done the bare minimum or Jack shit, don't be surprised you gon end up contributing something.

There is a formula involved based on income levels between the two parties. How bout you seed up a chick who not working an hourly wage. That might help the scales in your favor if you make a significant amount of money compared to her.

But, let's say, you have checks, receipts, etc showing that not only do you contribute financially, you do it every single month without missing a beat. Who can argue that you need to pay more? At that point all going to court does is take the moment directly out of your hands to give to the mother who is just going to turn around and, hopefully, do the exact same thing?

At that point, it's just the perception that she has you court ordered to do something you were already doing in the first place.
if only you'd bring this common sense to the head of household discussion

if only you'd bring this common sense to the head of household discussion
I'm on my way

Trying to find a nice sized bag to roast you in dear

Breh, there's no judgement with that, You can't pick a good woman and think when yall break up and you marry someone else or being dating someone else, she won't get mad and put yo ass on papers

You really think there's women like that in the world that will let you live in peace with your new wife/gf, especially if you're a good dude and you've moved on from her and she's still single and lonely, you really think that setup will be all gravy??

Man Look Lol
yup....

they absolutely exist....

my mom was like that, my wife is like that......there are many women like that......

maybe if you don't realize they don't exist you don't look for them, and just settle for any ole thing.....

maybe in that regard i got lucky by being raised by one

yup....

they absolutely exist....

my mom was like that, my wife is like that......there are many women like that......

maybe if you don't realize they don't exist you don't look for them, and just settle for any ole thing.....

maybe in that regard i got lucky by being raised by one
savage

Breh, there's no judgement with that, You can't pick a good woman and think when yall break up and you marry someone else or being dating someone else, she won't get mad and put yo ass on papers

You really think there's women like that in the world that will let you live in peace with your new wife/gf, especially if you're a good dude and you've moved on from her and she's still single and lonely, you really think that setup will be all gravy??

Man Look Lol

I let my ex live in peace.

like i said bruh,

you gotta stop living in this fairy tail world where there's no build up to anything....

every moment in our life is arrived to through a series of decisions.....

that's how reality works

those calls don't just happen
those kids don't just happen
those chicks don't...just ...happen

ain't no situation where you do everything right like a knight in shining armor or whatever you said that has nothing to do with this....

in reality....a long series of bad decisions lead up to this point...and until niggaz recognize that....realize that...and stop making bad decision after bad decision....maybe they can avoid outcomes where you flipping out cuz trifling chick is doing some trifling shit to you for the umpteenth time....

Ok Du

I hear you breh

You gotta put ppl in roles.

Let's say you wasn't married.

Let's say you picked out a g/f, you got her pregnant and things didn't work out, and yall broke up. I'ma even say, yall had good break-up, she went her way and you went your way, you still in the child life and all, still providing

What would stop her from just waking up one day, having a feeling about your current situation (you being married) not go downtown to put you on child support?

How would you stop that?

Remember the g/f you picked didn't show red flags and isn't trifling but she seeing you with a new girl/wife isn't sitting well with her while she's lonely and alone

Yall on one today, from child support, spousal support, to suckin breast milk...yall on one
spousal support wasn't actually discussed, just using it as an analogy.

in all likelihood, I'll be the poorer party entering a marriage. do I still believe in prenups, hell yes. petitioning for child support isn't too different from that. the formal route aint gotta be vilified @Knock_Twice

So every woman who files for child support is trifling?
maybe not every.....

as i said i hate to use blanket statements....

but one outta the two is trifling for sure.......and the other has to share some of that shit for breeding with them....

i only say that because ideally child support wouldn't even have to be on the table. something went wrong. some things were said. and at some point the realization was made that this person had to be ordered by state to take care of their own child.

And i'm sorry if this is a difficult point of view to accept. I'm sorry if it makes you feel some kinda way. But if you need the state to force the other parent of your child to take care of them. You fucked up somewhere along the line. That's not the kinda mistake I would think anyone would repeat.

NO one wants to make a child with someone they have to force to be in the child's life. A mistake was made. That much is certain.

Ok Du

I hear you breh

You gotta put ppl in roles.

Let's say you wasn't married.

Let's say you picked out a g/f, you got her pregnant and things didn't work out, and yall broke up. I'ma even say, yall had good break-up, she went her way and you went your way, you still in the child life and all, still providing

What would stop her from just waking up one day, having a feeling about your current situation (you being married) not go downtown to put you on child support?

How would you stop that?

Remember the g/f you picked didn't show red flags and isn't trifling but she seeing you with a new girl/wife isn't sitting well with her while she's lonely and alone
this doesn't' happen to me.

i'm far too paranoid.

maybe not every.....

but one outta the two is trifling for sure.......and the other has to share some of that shit for breeding with them....

i only say that because ideally child support wouldn't even have to be on the table. something went wrong. some things were said. and at some point the realization was made that this person had to be ordered by state to take care of their own child.

And i'm sorry if this is a difficult point of view to accept. I'm sorry if it makes you feel some kinda way. But if you need the state to force the other parent of your child to take care of them. You fucked up somewhere along the line. That's not the kinda mistake I would think anyone would repeat.

NO one wants to make a child with someone they have to force to be in the child's life. A mistake was made. That much is certain.
You're doing a lot of assuming. Child support doesn't force someone to be in the child's life, it solely addresses finances. Visitation and custody are handled separately.

Using formal procedures for child support doesn't mean the person is a deadbeat. There are men who voluntarily do it because it'd work out as less than what they'd be paying if they came up with an informal arrangement with their exes.

Y'all are viewing child support petitions as allegations of deadbeatness when it might just be a way to let the state handle it n not have to negotiate amongst yourselves.

I'm not going to try and speak from a position like I know everything so let me say, I'm not familiar with no other state outside of Louisiana. Hell, Louisiana is either the only state or one of the few that require the two parties that are getting a divorce to be separated 12 months first if they have children. Other states either do 6 months and the rest make it final as soon as the papers are signed by the judge.

With that said, in the state of Louisiana, just because you are a woman and walk into a court trying to file papers, they not just gon automatically put a dude on support. Again, this not a one size fits all approach. If you have done the bare minimum or Jack shit, don't be surprised you gon end up contributing something.

There is a formula involved based on income levels between the two parties. How bout you seed up a chick who not working an hourly wage. That might help the scales in your favor if you make a significant amount of money compared to her.

But, let's say, you have checks, receipts, etc showing that not only do you contribute financially, you do it every single month without missing a beat. Who can argue that you need to pay more? At that point all going to court does is take the moment directly out of your hands to give to the mother who is just going to turn around and, hopefully, do the exact same thing?

At that point, it's just the perception that she has you court ordered to do something you were already doing in the first place.

Breh don't believe that, that's your feelings vs what's in the law.

That last paragraph you type will get thrown out the window, the best you can hope for is that your payment are low.

The judges don't care about that breh, what is that so hard for you to understand,

If your gf or whoever, goes downtown and file for petition, your lawyer you get, will only work with you to present you as a fair decent dude and will help lower your payments breh.

If everybody did what you did, the good dudes that are getting their check garnished wouldn't be going through what they going through

You aint the 1st person to think of that breh

maybe not every.....

Lol okey dokey.

You're doing a lot of assuming. Child support doesn't force someone to be in the child's life, it solely addresses finances. Visitation and custody are handled separately.

Using formal procedures for child support doesn't mean the person is a deadbeat. There are men who voluntarily do it because it'd work out as less than what they'd be paying if they came up with an informal arrangement with their exes.

Y'all are viewing child support petitions as allegations of deadbeatness when it might just be a way to let the state handle it n not have to negotiate amongst yourselves.

and you are addressing the exceptions much more than the rule as if the roles were reversed.

Back