Welcome To aBlackWeb

Child Support - Fair or Foul?

But you'll be considered trifling and fuck'd up in the head if you went downtown though.
And that's fine because I went downtown and I know why I went downtown. I know who and what I am also. A lot of people assume and a lot of people like to say what they won't do because they haven't been in the situation.

Niggas need to know instead of just saying "oh the system is fuck'd up" or if I be an Angle to my kid's mom, yea it helps but that shit aint solid, mad day will come, or if I do everything in the book that's right, niggas and women need to know how this shit works.

And I still stand on it, you don't know what a person will and won't do. Misery is a beast

and you are addressing the exceptions much more than the rule as if the roles were reversed.
official child support isn't something to be offended by. child poverty is a more pressing issue than egos.

when someone truly can't afford the child support payments, you can negotiate for payment plans. I'm guessing that if, as you say, bad blood is what led to the petition... surely the state acting as a mediator would be more effective than them arguing amongst themselves and likely in front of their shared kids about money?

spousal support wasn't actually discussed, just using it as an analogy.

in all likelihood, I'll be the poorer party entering a marriage. do I still believe in prenups, hell yes. petitioning for child support isn't too different from that. the formal route aint gotta be vilified @Knock_Twice

Why you keep saying that I'm vilifying child support?

official child support isn't something to be offended by. child poverty is a more pressing issue than egos.

when someone truly can't afford the child support payments, you can negotiate for payment plans. I'm guessing that if, as you say, bad blood is what led to the petition... surely the state acting as a mediator would be more effective than them arguing amongst themselves and likely in front of their shared kids about money?
a series of bad decisions hitting a head....at that point you just gotta play the hand that suits you best.....

all i'm saying is don't let it get there.....and that happens my moving more responsibly.....

these things don't just happen...and everyone has that moment of "what was i thinking?" at some point....

i originally got into this cuz i was saying niggaz be fuckign up early in the game and be playing innocent when shit hit the fan....

and i still feel that way...

going all the way back to the video....the ball was dropped way before shorty called and told him she went to get them papers....

my assumption is that there were a lotta fucked u and bad conversations before that point.....

enough to the point that if they really go back, one of them definitely knew the other was gonna be a problem, yet they still went forward..

we know when we fucked up with people....

if i had a child with ANY of the women i messed with before my wife.....i would still love that child as much as i love my two now... but i know i would have fucked up.....i know that would have been a bad situation....and i actively avoided that and took the precautions....cuz i knew i wasn't trying to live with that kinda drama

naw go in.....

i can talk about this maturely if you can...

no feelings whatsoever....just opinions and point of views

You can't necessarily say every woman is trifling for putting the father on child support.

It's SO many instances besides the father being a deadbeat, that a man is put on child support.

You have people who can't come to an agreement and let the courts handle it. You have people who actually think it's easier to be out on child support because it's automatically taken out.

You also have people like my sons father and I who made it a business decision sort of. We couldn't afford childcare for my son along with other bills we had to pay. However, had he been on child support, child care would have been cheaper from the age 1-5. So we decided together that I would put him on child support, so our son could get child care and guess where that money went? Back into our household.

So like I said, every woman who files for child support isn't trifling and also child support has nothing to do with visitation or forcing someone to be in their kids life. It's finances.

Why you keep saying that I'm vilifying child support?

because you're talking about official child support orders like they're inherently negative. all they are is a formal avenue for something that should already be happening, and having things formalized protects both parties.

you've repeatedly and consistently said "good dudes get papers put on them/petitions for child support" in a negative context. all it means is that it's being handled through the state and determined via state formulas instead of informally.

Breh don't believe that, that's your feelings vs what's in the law.

That last paragraph you type will get thrown out the window, the best you can hope for is that your payment are low.

The judges don't care about that breh, what is that so hard for you to understand,

If your gf or whoever, goes downtown and file for petition, your lawyer you get, will only work with you to present you as a fair decent dude and will help lower your payments breh.

If everybody did what you did, the good dudes that are getting their check garnished wouldn't be going through what they going through

You aint the 1st person to think of that breh

Lol

I'ma chill

because you're talking about official child support orders like they're inherently negative. all they are is a formal avenue for something that should already be happening, and having things formalized protects both parties.

you've repeatedly and consistently said "good dudes get papers put on them/petitions for child support" in a negative context. all it means is that it's being handled through the state and determined via state formulas instead of informally.

No,

I'm talking about women putting dudes on child support when they are doing the right thing as far as providing for their child and spending the time with their child. I'm speaking on how messed up that is.

Good dudes shouldn't be going through the state.

You can't necessarily say every woman is trifling for putting the father on child support.

It's SO many instances besides the father being a deadbeat, that a man is put on child support.

You have people who can't come to an agreement and let the courts handle it. You have people who actually think it's easier to be out on child support because it's automatically taken out.

You also have people like my sons father and I who made it a business decision sort of. We couldn't afford childcare for my son along with other bills we had to pay. However, had he been on child support, child care would have been cheaper from the age 1-5. So we decided together that I would put him on child support, so our son could get child care and guess where that money went? Back into our household.

So like I said, every woman who files for child support isn't trifling and also child support has nothing to do with visitation or forcing someone to be in their kids life. It's finances.
that's an interesting exception..and i could see how that would play out....

certainly not like the video that sparked this convo.....

which is why again i hate going with the blanket statements... but surely you see how that's an interesting exception and also extra grimey on the part of the government.....

me and my wife often joked that financially the best thing for her and the kids would be to divorce me apply for full state benefits and take me on child support....

while it would all but cripple me. they'd be banking off the shit like fat rats

No,

I'm talking about women putting dudes on child support when they are doing the right thing as far as providing for their child and spending the time with their child. I'm speaking on how messed up that is.

see, you just did it again. "good dudes shouldn't be going through the state". if they're already doing all that, doing it through the state just makes it automatic. you're vilifying child support via the state.

plenty of "good dudes" voluntarily go through the state, and not out of fear but convenience. you're still describing child support through official channels as inherently messed up.

it's cool that informal child support is what you personally advocate for but that aint the intrinsically superior choice.
Breh don't believe that, that's your feelings vs what's in the law.

That last paragraph you type will get thrown out the window, the best you can hope for is that your payment are low.

The judges don't care about that breh, what is that so hard for you to understand,

If your gf or whoever, goes downtown and file for petition, your lawyer you get, will only work with you to present you as a fair decent dude and will help lower your payments breh.

If everybody did what you did, the good dudes that are getting their check garnished wouldn't be going through what they going through

You aint the 1st person to think of that breh
even in the case of court ordered child support... checks only get garnished when they haven't paid for a while. wage garnishing is a last resort.

I like that you're giving them the benefit of the doubt and using descriptors like "the good dudes" like they're victims for not paying child support lol

"the good women" who punctured condoms and lied about BC to get pregnant.
"the good dudes" who skipped 2 years of child support and had to get their wages garnished.

that is beautiful. we should all have advocates like Knock Twice.

this is my point too....

in most situation.....most... not the wild exceptions....it's mostly about the money....

there are other benefits...but if it's solely about the money, i'd rather have an set amount be taken directly out my direct deposit and placed into her account, so that she gets every penny to the dollar than have it be washed thru the government

and i just can't picture myself messing with someone who wouldn't understand that..

everytime i pick up a second job i give them a voided check to my wife's solo account....

that's her money....

and we always joke that would be her child support if she left me

I was go light yo ass up.
You weren't

Your pov is swiss cheese status

I just don't feel like doing the back and forth because you speaking on some hypothetical shit. At least ________'s pov was from actually experiencing it and having a parent that's an attorney in that field. You just arguing just for the sake of it.

Back