Welcome To aBlackWeb

Child Support - Fair or Foul?

Ive seen great fathers be put on child support and you can show proof that you are caring for your children, sometimes that shit don't matter. I've heard over a thousand stories dealing with child support. My mom is a child support lawyer.

why are you vilifying child support payments? If someone isn't dodging them, they can actually save you money. I know plenty of people paying more on voluntary child support than they would officially. it might be a convenience thing or simply not wanting to chase someone up about it.

also, backdating child support years isn't common unless they filed way back n the person just didn't pay. u can't go to the courts 17 years later and claim u just didn't get around to filing. that'd get you laughed outta court.

Why you saying that I am vilifying it though?

All I stated what if a woman, if she's in her stable mind, could wake up and go down to the court and file a petition for child support.

What if the trifling chick doesn't put one on child support and the non-trifling does? Then wha?

So all these dudes that are on child support have went raw in nothing but trifling chicks and chicks with red flags?
as much as i hate making blanket statements i'm fairly certain every person that ever got put on child support ignored something they should've been paying attention to. Something a more careful person would have seen and recognized the threat it could prevent.

and this is before children were in the picture....

might be a lot of assuming..... but i have a strong feeling about this one... i've witnessed too much overwhelming evidence in my life to be convinced any thing else at this point....

i man in all reality..... the only situation in this whole thing that is truly hypothetical is this belief that child support comes outta nowhere....

i'm fairly certain that every example we all collectively personally know about......we all either saw that shit coming or weren't really surprised...

even your partners that you said had that conversation verbatim you coulda easily gave them the
"riight"

look if you wanted....seems like AP would have....

i mean i've even had dudes who just flat out admitted "they make bad decisions when it comes to women"

cuz at the end of the day these situations come upon from a series of bad decisions.....1 or 2 mistakes don't lead to child support....

we talking several hundreds of them.....easily......a very strong history of fucking up......

and at that point i find it insulting to be surprised.....niggaz should be surprised it took that long

You wrong
don't we have any lawyers here? I know a woman who didn't receive a penny from her daughter's father. he broke too many promises to her kid one year and she finally filed when the kid was 13. the court date was I think a year later, cuz the guy protested it. the judge allowed it but even then, it was only backdated 1 year to when she officially filed.

I hear anecdotal stories of guys being charged 10+ years of child support but I can't see how that would legally stand unless she initially filed for official child support at that time n he'd somehow been dragging out the court process. the state doesn't want the hassle of chasing up child support you never filed for or brought to their attention!

Ive seen great fathers be put on child support and you can show proof that you are caring for your children, sometimes that shit don't matter. I've heard over a thousand stories dealing with child support. My mom is a child support lawyer.

Bingo

But I am wrong, my cuzin just went through the shit. But I am wrong though, niggas hate to read, just go off what's right in (their) eyes but not what the dayum law states

Why you saying that I am vilifying it though?

All I stated what if a woman, if she's in her stable mind, could wake up and go down to the court and file a petition for child support.
People who are on good terms with their exes file petitions for child support so that it can be organized by an objective party.

viewing doing things through official channels in a negative light is strange.

that's like having an amicable divorce then getting insulted when you find out your ex hired a lawyer. maybe they just wanna dot their Is and cross their Ts?

Speaking from experience of being a woman, I have seen my share of women put their kids dad on child support because of a break up and the women weren't trifling at all.
if a woman put a man on child support out of pure spite because they weren't in a relationship no more

then yes she's trifling...

and dude should have caught that before he seeded her up

The funny thing about child support is when you go down and file for it, they almost pressure you to file back child support. It's a damn set up.

don't we have any lawyers here? I know a woman who didn't receive a penny from her daughter's father. he broke too many promises to her kid one year and she finally filed when the kid was 13. the court date was I think a year later, cuz the guy protested it. the judge allowed it but even then, it was only backdated 1 year to when she officially filed.

I hear anecdotal stories of guys being charged 10+ years of child support but I can't see how that would legally stand unless she initially filed for official child support at that time n he'd somehow been dragging out the court process. the state doesn't want the hassle of chasing up child support you never filed for or brought to their attention!

1. Different laws for different states.

if a woman put a man on child support out of pure spite because they weren't in a relationship no more

You can't catch something that has never been shown. She could've been a cool ass chick and so hurt by the break up to do spiteful shit. It happens.

it's a racket....

does the exact amount that comes out of a dudes check get deposited to the mother?

or does the government get their piece first?

That's all discussion i need.

We working something out between the two of us. If we can't sit down and do that. then i obviously missed some shit. Cuz i was positive i picked someone smart enough to work this out responsibly.

The funny thing about child support is when you go down and file for it, they almost pressure you to file back child support. It's a damn set up.

They ask you (I heard) has the father been doing this that and third, how long have you not been getting support, is there any proof that the father can provide for doing x, y, and z and boom the father is paying back pay and don't even know it.

But guess wha Du, the child's mother is the Pastor of a Church, loving mother, don't curse, gives to the poor, and she's down there putting the kid's father on child support, who she has been splitting weekends wit

You can't catch something that has never been shown. She could've been a cool ass chick and so hurt by the break up to do spiteful shit. It happens.
you right it happens.

people do all types of stuff cuz they were hurt,

and they have to deal with their consequences of their actions...and if that's being called trifling...then so be it

They ask you (I heard) has the father been doing this that and third, how long have you not been getting support, is there any proof that the father can provide for doing x, y, and z and boom the father is paying back pay and don't even know it.

But guess wha Du, the child's mother is the Pastor of a Church, loving mother, don't curse, gives to the poor, and she's down there putting the kid's father on child support, who she has been splitting weekends wit
why is the church in this?

does church and child support have some type of relationship i'm missing?

Bingo

But I am wrong, my cuzin just went through the shit. But I am wrong though, niggas hate to read, just go off what's right in (their) eyes but not what the dayum law states

It's a system. He must provide 20 or 25% of his income to the child. So depending on how much they make, if them receipts and shit don't add up, you will most likely have to pay.

I'll let them have it though. I listen to child support cases from my mama almost daily.

Sadly, I know way more women who get nothing from their ex husbands/children's fathers than I do those who receive child support. I'm just glad courts can get involved and make sure a kid benefits from the wealth of both parents.

Smh,

Man look, the game so fuck'd up, ppl are telling dudes to go downtown and put themselves (voluntarily) on child support. This can show good faith to try and get your payments lowered.

Back