Welcome To aBlackWeb

Asian barbershop in Philadelphia opens up in black neighborhood and refuses to hire black barbers

i never understood the $30 dollar cuts.
since i strarted thinning...i said fuck it...ill cut it all off.
fuck should i pay the same as a nigga getting a shape up and a full cut?
but real shit....some of this is corny.

im still looking for that $5 cut post.

but i bet they not gonna be tapping niggas chin like they test the women.

but shit......the black community makes more millionaire than anyone....yet not enough us make us millionaires.
at some point we gotta criticize the poor business acumen of the black community instead of attacking other ethnic groups and white folk for recognizing market we present...

I went online a few weeks ago to see if I was gonna get some of this "cashland" apparel that is bmore owned and produced...

they gotta cool logo, and it's pretty much synonymous with bmore at this point figured I'd support...

plus all the bmore athletes rock it, I was like why not....

upload_2018-10-8_11-43-30.png

:df:

looks like i'll be supporting kandy creative this payday.......cashland gonna have to wait

$5 for a cut? Damn that is cheap as fuck

The average black/Latino be charging like 20-25

But I go to my big homie for $12 for a line up and shave.

Support black businesses

I'm just saying this... if they charging $5...u can only be but so mad...

especially when black barber shops be charging like $30-50

exploitation is exploitation is exploitation

blacks be overcharging the fuck their own people cuz they know niggaz gonna pay out of obligatory support.....that's still exploitation

Asians gonna undercharge cuz they know blacks over charge, and most of their customer base be struggling to get their services done....which is still exploitation, but it's all the same shit

so either u getting fucked by ur people, or the other people... but u still getting fucked

Thats capitalism in a nutshell.

at some point we gotta criticize the poor business acumen of the black community instead of attacking other ethnic groups and white folk for recognizing market we present...

I went online a few weeks ago to see if I was gonna get some of this "cashland" apparel that is bmore owned and produced...

they gotta cool logo, and it's pretty much synonymous with bmore at this point figured I'd support...

plus all the bmore athletes rock it, I was like why not....

View attachment 76872

:df:

looks like i'll be supporting kandy creative this payday.......cashland gonna have to wait

And this is one of the biggest problems with Black owned businesses; price gouging. There's no good reason for a tee shirt to cost that damn much unless it's made with an Egyptian cotton blended with synthetic spider silk or some crazy shit like that. I'll support but not if you're going to completely fuck me over on the price of shit.

an this is the platform you would want to stand on about black people?

they come into the hood and set up a barbershop but we too proud to get our haircut there?

yup

It aint pride persay i was just on some non black people dont really know about our hair. I mean i never seen a Korean do hair or a chinese dude cut hair. And i get philly is a black city but i dont see this happening in the south.

I may or may not have told this story on the IC...my Puerto Rican homie convinces me to let a white female barber cut my hair at her salon for 5 dollars cut....after I spent my haircut money on some other shit when I was like 14she was like she cut black ppl hair all the time....long story short my barber came over that night to “ fix” it

I stopped complaining about overpriced shit i wasnt gonna buy anyways years ago

Its obvious im not the targeted demo...they not getting none of my money so...idc

@King Du, why is everything else in the world allowed to adjust for inflation except stuff like this in your eyes?

You view this as price gouging charging more than $5?

@King Du, why is everything else in the world allowed to adjust for inflation except stuff like this in your eyes?

You view this as price gouging charging more than $5?
your ability to flip shit into a bottle nosed perception is great...

just because $5 for a haircut is an eye popping deal doesn't mean anything else is unacceptable....

I clearly said I pay my barber $20 every time I go, so with $20 being more than $5 I think that answers one of your questions..

and as for "everything else in the world" let's not address the entire world on the conversation of barber shops and haircuts...

if I gotta pay $30 to sit down and get a haircut, I don't give a fuck who cutting , I'm not paying.. I'd cut my own shit before paying $30..

but $20 is reasonable as fuck.....my barber charges me $16 and I tip $4 ....

if I had to sit down for $20, I'd prolly still tip 5

$25 is reasonable

$30 and up is the point where it gets to be unreasonable.... if I went to see my barber and he said they making him charge everybody $30....I'd be like I ain't got it this week and go elsewhere....or

cut it myself....

I ain't worried about the world and inflation when getting my haircut, I'm worried about what fits into my personal budget

your ability to flip shit into a bottle nosed perception is great...

just because $5 for a haircut is an eye popping deal doesn't mean anything else is unacceptable....

I clearly said I pay my barber $20 every time I go, so with $20 being more than $5 I think that answers one of your questions..

and as for "everything else in the world" let's not address the entire world on the conversation of barber shops and haircuts...

if I gotta pay $30 to sit down and get a haircut, I don't give a fuck who cutting , I'm not paying.. I'd cut my own shit before paying $30..

but $20 is reasonable as fuck.....my barber charges me $16 and I tip $4 ....

$25 is reasonable

$30 and up is the point where it gets to be unreasonable.... if I went to see my barber and he said they making him charge everybody $30....I'd be like I ain't got it this week and go elsewhere....or

cut it myself....

I ain't worried about the world and inflation when getting my haircut, I'm worried about what fits into my personal budget

fam you said your barber has been charging YOU the same $16 bucks for 20 years, you give him a tip to make it $20, but he charges everyone else $30

im taking the words you wrote and asking you a question based on that. $20 only appears to be reasonable b/c you arent being charged that to begin with

if he was charging you $20 and you tip $5, thats $25...are you gonna stop going then? That's only $5 away from your threshold of not paying but cutting your own hair

again, with most things you dont do for yourself, you are paying for convenience or knowledge of an unfamiliar subject or in some cases...both

I can change my own oil just fine, but i rather just pay someone to do it as its really not saying me any money financially from doing it myself, but its saving me time that i would rather be using to do something else.

The thing is, sure you can probably go somewhere else, but where are you going to go thats going to charge you a price you feel comfortable paying as a brand new customer?

My sister is a barber and she was just telling me some white chick came to her and paid for her most expensive package and the additional services that were included in that package, and b/c they were fire, she recommended her to someone else who is coming tomorrow.

Well @dos you from philly tho. Wouldn't you know better what the city needs
philly got all it needs...its just niggas aint trynna go for it...
its barbershop everywhere......
they on damn near every block along with a cornerstore and hair salon. so i dont see how the chinks gonna make money....but still.
i do nothing but preach black entrepreneurship and always get shut down....

You mean the ghettos that we were forced to live in? They can have that.
but are we really forced to line in them?

let me ask you a question......go on any block in the hood.....and if you can take all the cars on 1 block and it equals more than $100k on just 1 block....at least 1/3 or 1/2 of them houses should be owned.
if they are not owned by the locals......whos fault is that?

if he was charging you $20 and you tip $5, thats $25...are you gonna stop going then? That's only $5 away from your threshold of not paying but cutting your own hair

$25 is reasonable

cut it myself....

you not cutting it yourself as evidenced by the fact that you have continued to go as long as it was at a price point that suited you

I've changed my own oil before but it was a struggle, so i'll pay for that.... but if I was efficient at changing my own oil, I'd change it myself as well.....

you not cutting it yourself as evidenced by the fact that you have continued to go as long as it was at a price point that suited you
I'm cheap, frugal, whatever you wanna call it, imma pay what I wanna pay.....

I went bald for like 6 years because prices were getting to high....let my hair grow for a few months, then cut it bald again

barber hit me up one day like yo imma be in the shop every other Saturday, but I'm only charging half price for all my old customers

I was there like 8 in the morning

the fact is alof of black barbers understand that everyone cuts hair.
so they try to make up for the lost of clients by charging more vs making something about them stand out to get more client like lowering your prices.

this is bad business sense.

you dont try to get rich overnight...you get rich over time by taking a chunk of the marketshare with lower prices.

and then the lifestyle some want to live.....they cant afford it vs chinks, jews and latinos that understand group economics.

we are the only ones who are not properly prepared to go out into the world. we want to go out too early and make all the money but dont kniow how to keep it,..

Back