Welcome To aBlackWeb

Asian barbershop in Philadelphia opens up in black neighborhood and refuses to hire black barbers

this not crack and its a bad example too
what about McDonald's

McDonalds-Unveils-New-2-for-5-Deal-678x381.jpg
:js4:

black owned spot charging $10 for a chicken dinner...yet 2 blocks down they on some

Popeyes-Brings-Back-5-Bonafide-Big-Box-For-Fall-2016-678x381.jpg

what about McDonald's

McDonalds-Unveils-New-2-for-5-Deal-678x381.jpg
:js4:

you get what you pay for which is highly processed food that over time has been shown to lead to a variety of health issues

you, by your own admission has continued to give this dude praise, yet, you take an issue with price increases over time by him

NOW, i will say this, it would be a dope trade off that if by him charging you what he charges you, and you are bringing in folks on some word of mouth "tell him D sent you" type shit, then cool. Ya'll both benefit. He gets new clientele that he can charge at his higher prices, while you get your cut at your preferred price point, but if this not happening, you getting over, plain and simple

you get what you pay
is that a genuine sentiment, or a bitter remark cuz you feel your product is still superior...

cuz every time someone says "you get what you pay for" they low key salty about not getting the business... but I can give a fuck less if I went somewhere else and was satisfied for a lesser price.....

how you know the cheaper option was of lesser quality?

is that a genuine sentiment, or a bitter remark cuz you feel your product is still superior...

cuz every time someone says "you get what you pay for" they low key salty about not getting the business... but I can give a fuck less if I went somewhere else and was satisfied for a lesser price.....

how you know the cheaper option was of lesser quality?

keep eating 10 piece nuggets for $1 and let me know

and real quick, i used to cut hair in the dorms back in college

i was charging $5 and niggas wanted fucking deluxe shit for that price. A nigga started charging $3 to undercut me.

Every single dude that went to him came right back to me complaining about how bad he was

so you did all that to save $2 fucking bucks? only to come right back?

so yea, in most walks of life, you get what you pay for

you point this out to say what?
to say that the barber who gives his existing clientele the cheaper price makes out on several fronts....

if I refer you to him, and you use my name, he'll hook you up, if I send you to him, and you don't use my name he'll charge u full price....either way he not hurting because his work speaks for itself...

he doesn't care how many half price cuts he gives out because he's so busty it's constant income from the second he opens his chair till he closes

as evident by the text messages he sends to his regulars when he's gonna be at the shop....

brah, there are barbers who have clients that will pay $100 a cut every single time and they get preferential treatment. Im not advocating the barber charge all of their clients that price, however, unless that person paying $100 is getting their haircut 2x a week or something like that, the barber is going to have to offset the cost of that person not getting their hair cut so they need to make up that ground somewhere and charging 6 people $15 dollars is a lot more work than 3 at ~$30

build up your clientele, bounce and go where? To a building paying more in rent vs a chair at a building? How many people will you have to cut to make up that difference?
do you really want me to get into this?

if you can get $100 cool.
but i should not have to pay for your lack of customers. how will you bring in more customers if you keep raising the prices because you lost customers?
seems like at some point you will price yourself out.
what a nigga doing to get me in his chair?
im the customer....what are you doing to convince me to come to you vs the man next to you or the shop up the street?

keep eating 10 piece nuggets for $1 and let me know

and real quick, i used to cut hair in the dorms back in college

i was charging $5 and niggas wanted fucking deluxe shit for that price. A nigga started charging $3 to undercut me.

Every single dude that went to him came right back to me complaining about how bad he was

so you did all that to save $2 fucking bucks? only to come right back?

so yea, in most walks of life, you get what you pay for
his fault for being bad at cutting hair, if he was better than you, he could have stole your entire customer base and then went to your prices after he established himself.....

the only reason he lost was cuz he sucks.....you got lucky... cuz that was smart as fuck...

bum ass barber prolly made a quick little flip cuz you wouldn't budge off ur prices...

philly got all it needs...its just niggas aint trynna go for it...
its barbershop everywhere......
they on damn near every block along with a cornerstore and hair salon. so i dont see how the chinks gonna make money....but still.
i do nothing but preach black entrepreneurship and always get shut down....

but are we really forced to line in them?

let me ask you a question......go on any block in the hood.....and if you can take all the cars on 1 block and it equals more than $100k on just 1 block....at least 1/3 or 1/2 of them houses should be owned.
if they are not owned by the locals......whos fault is that?

So you're saying people should pool all their money together to buy half a house? I'm lost.

try to convince me they have a hold on supplies.......
i bet i have a counter for each

What are you going to counter? A lot of those products are made in China and many of these shopowners have direct supply lines. I'm not saying that there isn't a way for people who ant to try. I just said the Asians have an advantage. These Asians at the barbershop have no advantage. There is no reason they should be able to open up this shop and thrive.

What are you going to counter? A lot of those products are made in China and many of these shopowners have direct supply lines. I'm not saying that there isn't a way for people who ant to try. I just said the Asians have an advantage. These Asians at the barbershop have no advantage. There is no reason they should be able to open up this shop and thrive.
just like a black chick can hop her ass on a plane and go to burma or some shit.....go into a village and buy the peoples hair and get a weave machine and do her own packaging and make 85% on her products vs repackaging and making $5 a bag.

i feel like we give too much away for pennies....and the people flip it and make dollars

to say that the barber who gives his existing clientele the cheaper price makes out on several fronts....

if I refer you to him, and you use my name, he'll hook you up, if I send you to him, and you don't use my name he'll charge u full price....either way he not hurting because his work speaks for itself...

he doesn't care how many half price cuts he gives out because he's so busty it's constant income from the second he opens his chair till he closes

as evident by the text messages he sends to his regulars when he's gonna be at the shop....
This is backwards

Why cut 10 heads when I can make that cutting 5

his fault for being bad at cutting hair, if he was better than you, he could have stole your entire customer base and then went to your prices after he established himself.....

the only reason he lost was cuz he sucks.....you got lucky... cuz that was smart as fuck...

bum ass barber prolly made a quick little flip cuz you wouldn't budge off ur prices...
Hahahaha

I really tried not to laugh at this

This is backwards

Why cut 10 heads when I can make that cutting 5
cutting 10 is about volume...and losing a customer doesnt have the same impact as losing on when you have only 5?

and spreading the good about a good cut will benefit you more ....10 people who brings a person vs 5 people who brings a person.

a foundation is more stable with 10 pillars than it is with 5

Being a guy who thought about going to barber school and actually cut other people hair for extra money, y'all's opinions are speaking from the patron and not the barber

I don't care if a nigga got a hundred customers. If I'm making what he making cutting 25 heads, I'm winning

Being a guy who thought about going to barber school and actually cut other people hair for extra money, y'all's opinions are speaking from the patron and not the barber

I don't care if a nigga got a hundred customers. If I'm making what he making cutting 25 heads, I'm winning
an you speaking from a point where it can fall from under you real fast...winning short term vs winning longterm..
a nigga like me would want all 125 heads. and i would find a way to do it.

philly got all it needs...its just niggas aint trynna go for it...
its barbershop everywhere......
they on damn near every block along with a cornerstore and hair salon. so i dont see how the chinks gonna make money....but still.
i do nothing but preach black entrepreneurship and always get shut down....

but are we really forced to line in them?

let me ask you a question......go on any block in the hood.....and if you can take all the cars on 1 block and it equals more than $100k on just 1 block....at least 1/3 or 1/2 of them houses should be owned.
if they are not owned by the locals......whos fault is that?

Bruh people aint trying to shit you down but acting like having more black businesses is gonna just make everybody life easier aint realistic. Its still important af because us owning our shit boosts confidence

Back