Asian barbershop in Philadelphia opens up in black neighborhood and refuses to hire black barbers

Bruh people aint trying to shit you down but acting like having more black businesses is gonna just make everybody life easier aint realistic. Its still important af because us owning our shit boosts confidence
if it give us control of ourselves...then others cant control us.

we can control them.

problem is we have nothing to leverage.
if kfc says fuck black people...what we got ? royal or crown chicken? popeyes?
if we have our own...they will miss the billions we pour into everything. so with that was can demand more respect.
the asians and jews and whites know this.

it is a bigger picture in play,.....they move slowly...piece by piece to take over.
we have the resources. its about recognizing what they are.
who can we blame but us?

thats where we disagree, its only overcharging b/c you set a threshold of what you not going to spend

I mean, im like that when it comes to shoes. We all have our thresholds when it comes to certain things, however, to suggest they are overcharging you b/c they have to compete with the market comes off as cheap

30 dollar haircuts are a normal thing where you stay?

Reactions: AP2.5
Being a guy who thought about going to barber school and actually cut other people hair for extra money, y'all's opinions are speaking from the patron and not the barber

I don't care if a nigga got a hundred customers. If I'm making what he making cutting 25 heads, I'm winning
Yes, but you gonna have a lot of ups and downs cuz everybody ain't always gonna have the dough, then you going to social media talking about how niggaz don't support black business, while the nigga who undercut you gets constant growing clientele

just like a black chick can hop her ass on a plane and go to burma or some shit.....go into a village and buy the peoples hair and get a weave machine and do her own packaging and make 85% on her products vs repackaging and making $5 a bag.

i feel like we give too much away for pennies....and the people flip it and make dollars

WTF? That shit ain't nearly as easy as you're making it sound. lol Half these chicks barely leave their cities let alone the country.

If a black person opens a business in a non-black area and only hires black employees I'd be all for it.
It's that black neighborhoods fault that those outsiders will prosper, especially when they're are other black alternatives available.
These outsiders do what they got to do and stay on code with each other. I ain't mad at them, I wish we had the same mentality.

Reactions: AP2.5 and 313 Wayz
Blacks dont even support each other . Thats why those chinese wete able to.open up shop in their hood

WTF? That shit ain't nearly as easy as you're making it sound. lol Half these chicks barely leave their cities let alone the country.
not saying its easy......but if you gonna do it....do it the right way or at least try to maximize your earnings.

starting a business is not easy but why half ass it?

then wonder why others are cleaning the floor with us.

im often told i look at shit too deep. the foundation is what matters.
but when you only look surface you cant expect to be held up for long.

i hate seeing our people get pennies when the can get dollars.

not saying its easy......but if you gonna do it....do it the right way or at least try to maximize your earnings.

starting a business is not easy but why half ass it?

then wonder why others are cleaning the floor with us.

im often told i look at shit too deep. the foundation is what matters.
but when you only look surface you cant expect to be held up for long.

i hate seeing our people get pennies when the can get dollars.

I hear you, and what you're saying is true. But everybody in the hood ain't trying to start a hair supplies store. Most of them are just trying to get the shit they need. Minorities from low income areas already have enough hoops to jump through to get started. Even barbers don't always have it easy, and that's a reliable business. Saying that they should "just get on a plane to Asia and go make some deals" seems to ignore the fact that that's not even an option for many would-be business owners. I'm all for our people rising, but some of ya'll need to recognize that we aren't in the same position that other groups are, so the gameplans that work for them won't necessarily work for us. It doesn't mean we shouldn't try, but this whole "well they did it, so there's no reason we can't do it" attitude has to stop.

Nigga acting like.. chick bout to go on that Frank Lucas journey and try to procure the Malaysian horse hair connect

americangangsterl-03.jpg

S4wB0Vc.jpg

If a black person opens a business in a non-black area and only hires black employees I'd be all for it.
It's that black neighborhoods fault that those outsiders will prosper, especially when they're are other black alternatives available.
These outsiders do what they got to do and stay on code with each other. I ain't mad at them, I wish we had the same mentality.

We don't and probably never will to the extent that they do.

Just read some of the posts on here. Those people refuse to have a code.

Reactions: DOS_patos
Ima say this.

White ppl don’t stay on code Like y’all think. It’s a lot of white lol seeing the light.

Asians and Latinos, especially 1st and 2nd generation Chinese and Koreans

I hear you, and what you're saying is true. But everybody in the hood ain't trying to start a hair supplies store. Most of them are just trying to get the shit they need. Minorities from low income areas already have enough hoops to jump through to get started. Even barbers don't always have it easy, and that's a reliable business. Saying that they should "just get on a plane to Asia and go make some deals" seems to ignore the fact that that's not even an option for many would-be business owners. I'm all for our people rising, but some of ya'll need to recognize that we aren't in the same position that other groups are, so the gameplans that work for them won't necessarily work for us. It doesn't mean we shouldn't try, but this whole "well they did it, so there's no reason we can't do it" attitude has to stop.
everything you said is on point....

but if its presented to the person....and with helped added but they still turn it away....then what?

i do feel if others can do it, so can we.
i understand our hoops and the lack of theirs....but if a hand is reaching back to pull you up and that person can skip some of those hoops...why not take the up on it?
everyone starts at a different pace. but once them funds are flowing...whats to stop you from getting better?

Nigga acting like.. chick bout to go on that Frank Lucas journey and try to procure the Malaysian horse hair connect

americangangsterl-03.jpg

S4wB0Vc.jpg
but why cant someone do this?
if niggas can stunt on yachts that aint ours and buy $100k cars......why is this not relate-able?
why is it beyond the realm of possibility?
if a chick did it and failed...then you would have a point..but did anyone try it? how many have tried it?
yall killing me with the dont try cause it wont work attitude dream killing attitude.

i can stunt in the maldives but cant go make a deal in india?

maybe i just think too big

Last edited:
i ain't buying the whole we don't support each other argument,

there's a lack of savvy business men representing us... is more realistic...

because i know quite a few black owned business that have done nothing but well cuz they know what they doing, and spend their free time marketing and networking, building their clientele, vs complaining about how blacks don't support them out of some obligatory responsibility...

i think i said this a few pages back, but yall must've forgot...

a good business man/woman...gonna do good business regardless.....

i really wonder how many of them asian people family and friends told them a barbershop would never work.
i wonder how many family and friends tell the ricans and dominicans their bodegas wont work in black hoods.
i wonder how many asian family and friends tell them its already too many hairsalons in the hood, think of something different.

my goodness.....yall fail to see this game that we losing.
yall the type niggas that sit on the sideline laughing and joking at a combine while coming in last rather than trying to outdo someone and take your rightful spot.