Welcome To aBlackWeb

“I saw him give other n*ggas fly samples from Nas to Busta Rhymes. Busta Rhymes sent me some sh*t, I said, ‘Yo, where you get this from?'” he explained. “I went to RZA. I told him I wanted this box right here. He gave us some fly sh*T’…pay for the sample RZA. Pay for the sample. So what they gonna take this and things, but the people want that from us right now. Pay for the f*cking sample. RZA’s my brotha for life. That’s my brother-in-law. I got babies by his f*cking sister. But what I’m hearing, I’m not saying I’m the best, but I’m consistent about my sh*t. So what you gon’ roll with? The n*gga that’s being consistent or – even though he taught me a lot of sh*t but it’s like is your sh*t still – the way y’all been making these cakes for the past 30 years. Entenmann’s. Are y’all still making those kind of cakes? Or Little Debbie’s is coming up blowin’. C’mon man, that’s not that crumb cake, n*gga.” (XXL Mag)

LMAO. No "-Ghostface" necessary.

Like I want to love this show. I’m here for the long haul but this shit is horribly acted it’s almost cringeworthy. Especially dude who plays RZA. I hate every scene he’s in. And I like the slow pacing telling the story but I’m ready to get a little more into building the group. Imma be mad if it don’t happen till the last episode of the season.

So in this episode they coopted both yusef hawkins and also eric garner. I was willing to accept a lot of embellishment from this joint (the mafia sidestory and rae and ghost trying to murder each other) but that other shit is in really bad taste. Wu has their own compelling true story to tell so why are they putting out this bullshit?

So in this episode they coopted both yusef hawkins and also eric garner. I was willing to accept a lot of embellishment from this joint (the mafia sidestory and rae and ghost trying to murder each other) but that other shit is in really bad taste. Wu has their own compelling true story to tell so why are they putting out this bullshit?

That's not embellishment Rae and ghost actually used to shoot at each other according to poppa wu. Starting at the 10 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjcjkRx6wHM

Yeah, I don't think the things you're mentioning are as much embellishment as you think. Some of this stuff was confirmed to have happened before this show even came out. I'm not saying that the way that seen was crafted wasn't purposely made to be similar to the Eric Garner shit, but the point was kinda that what happened to Eric Garner wasn't exactly a new thing. It had been happening long enough to have been instrumental to the group's forming.

The story is actually really good. I think if they had done some better casting, this might have been up there as a legitimately good black series. As others have said though, the acting is horrendous at times. The rapping is also terrible too. Why is it that none of the people on this show can deliver lines in a decent manner. Dave East is actually a pretty good rapper and even he sounds trash when rapping in this show.

On a side note I wonder how much if straight outta Compton was true. I'm talking about the way they made de look like a super nigga in that movie. We all know he didn't really talk like that to suge

Some say they was shooting at each other. Rae said they didn't. Rza said they were on the verge of it before they sat down. At the end of the day, one scene with Rae shooting at Ghost's house isn't that big a stretch given everything that has been said about that period for them.

Some say they was shooting at each other. Rae said they didn't. Rza said they were on the verge of it before they sat down. At the end of the day, one scene with Rae shooting at Ghost's house isn't that big a stretch given everything that has been said about that period for them.

I agree. It's a dramatic embellishment which is totally fine. I just think some of it is heavy handed and unnecessary.

And where the hell is Golden Arms?

I agree. It's a dramatic embellishment which is totally fine. I just think some of it is heavy handed and unnecessary.

And where the hell is Golden Arms?

The story is really being told with Rza at the center. Based on what UGod has said, at this time, he was closer to Meth and Cappa than he was to Rza. So he probably wasn't really in the picture that much at this part of the story. I mean Deck just popped up, so we won't see UGod and Masta until later especially since both were just getting out of or in jail when 36 was coming out.

I hear what you're saying about the Eric Garner comparison but the character Haze being choked out by a cop really happened to Meth's (and maybe a few other Clan members) good friend Kase.

The story is really being told with Rza at the center. Based on what UGod has said, at this time, he was closer to Meth and Cappa than he was to Rza. So he probably wasn't really in the picture that much at this part of the story. I mean Deck just popped up, so we won't see UGod and Masta until later especially since both were just getting out of or in jail when 36 was coming out.

U-God was locked up and Masta Killa was going to night school trying to get out the streets. Go to the 0:52 mark

Last edited:
The dude getting choked out happened in Staten island in real life,it was in the WU doc,Hassan

Johnson(Wee-bey) knew the dude too,he was also in the doc.

Dope episode tonight. I wondered how they were going to introduce Rza and Gza as solo artists being that up til now they've been working so much with others. It came together cool. Meth had a deep storyline too.

I didn't know meth played la cross. That's like a cross between hockey and football gotta respect that. " oh we love you rakeem" lol I wish they used the original track he rapped on for the recording session.

Back