Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Who Fumbled Their Debut More??

One thing about Fivio tho he had every body from eveywhere putting him on his songs from the bottom of the map to the top. I heard East with some folks record but not like that.

Guess the other dude. I been listening to East heavy for years and had no idea he was a "disappointment." Until I read standout verse on DONDA, I didn't even know Fivio's face.

Dave East should not be even part of this topic, Fivio is the one that had the biggest stars in the industry from Kanye West ,Alicia Keys ,DJ Khaled , to Beyoncé telling him he could sample one of her old songs , but he had to tone down that the profanity so she could clear it. Dave East did not get any of those kind of looks that Fivio got.

Dave never really cemented his own shit, look, vibe. Other than being a NY - East Coast nigga there's not much to him...even lyrically. His best tape IMO was Straight outta Harlem cause it showed depth. Hasn't been the same since..

Real question is why folks in NY don’t support their rappers like that
NY radio don’t support unless you get played everywhere else first. Dave East came out but they never supported him. The first song from Fivio they really supported was the Alicia Keys and Kanye song.

View attachment 1146050

Dave East gained nationwide attention and got the stamp from Nas around the time of his Mixtape Hate Me now way back in 2015

View attachment 1146026

He then went on to being on the XXL Freshman cover in 2016

Since Hate Me Now he released:

Kairi Chanel (2016)
Karma (2017)
Paranoia (2017)
Paranoia 2 (2018)
Karma 2 (2018)
Beloved (2018)

Lmao

We finally get to 2019 and East releases his debut album:

Survival

View attachment 1146031

Which went on to sell a blistering 24k first week

You know what happened after that, East drops a project and nobody cares except maywood and 2 other niggas on this site.

You can mainly catch Dave East’s videos from songs from a project that came and went these days on WSHH

Next you have:

View attachment 1146044

Fivio Foreign who is mainly known for his standout verse on Off The Grid from DONDA.

He then was gaining a lot of traction as a NY artist and had a lot of buzz and a lot of anticipation for his debut album. He had the NY drill sound that people loved from Pop Smoke and he was looked at as maybe his replacement on the scene.

He then came out with a single with Alicia keys and Kanye called city of gods which was a fairly impressive hit radio song and He had guys like Joe Budden hyping him up on his podcast as well which only built up the anticipation for his debut even more.

He then took that anticipation and dropped one of the biggest pieces of shit in debut history

View attachment 1146041

(I just noticed black and white covers are a running theme)

After this coaster came out, the only time people really heard anything about Fivio was that Mase pretty much paid him in chopped cheeses

So I ask the community, which one of these guys fumbled their debut the most??
Fivio Debut was 🔥 just no real HIT a buncha industry calculated songs that felt forced and didn’t work out

Id say Fivio. He got a hell of a push and album roll out that at this point you only see for established artists. Had alot of people vouching for him as the next big thing...then before this thread i realized i hadn't even heard his name mentioned in months. Like he disappeared after his album dropped

Id say Fivio. He got a hell of a push and album roll out that at this point you only see for established artists. Had alot of people vouching for him as the next big thing...then before this thread i realized i hadn't even heard his name mentioned in months. Like he disappeared after his album dropped
Finally someone who’s in touch

He had crazy support going into that release from guys in the industry

I wish I could go back to when niggas was swooning over Nas having a record label

Now they acting like the stamp/backing from the “GOAT” is nothing

But these the same guys who acted like sales didn’t mean anything when the numbers came out for Magic 2

Scust

That’s the dude That Mase took advantage of financially right?
Yup signed him to a contract for a 5 dollar small duck Chinese plate.

The obvious answer is Dave East. Most of the good cats today are 💀 or indicted before you even know who they were. I feel like I been seeing East everywhere for years and I barely know what he sounds like. Obviously a lot of energy has gone into launching him, but there ain't no fire yet.

Back