Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Who Fumbled Their Debut More??

Sony Montana

Core Four
Mod Squad
0E3C5CDF-3571-42AA-9579-90B56FBC774C.jpeg

Dave East gained nationwide attention and got the stamp from Nas around the time of his Mixtape Hate Me now way back in 2015

9DB9DA02-8C22-4F4B-80BA-6F78B523BD04.jpeg

He then went on to being on the XXL Freshman cover in 2016

Since Hate Me Now he released:

Kairi Chanel (2016)
Karma (2017)
Paranoia (2017)
Paranoia 2 (2018)
Karma 2 (2018)
Beloved (2018)

Lmao

We finally get to 2019 and East releases his debut album:

Survival

D42DAA64-B696-40E4-91FC-A034051590A8.png

Which went on to sell a blistering 24k first week

You know what happened after that, East drops a project and nobody cares except maywood and 2 other niggas on this site.

You can mainly catch Dave East’s videos from songs from a project that came and went these days on WSHH

Next you have:

DEA25C34-6D8A-450B-841F-E1ED9C5F3C5C.jpeg

Fivio Foreign who is mainly known for his standout verse on Off The Grid from DONDA.

He then was gaining a lot of traction as a NY artist and had a lot of buzz and a lot of anticipation for his debut album. He had the NY drill sound that people loved from Pop Smoke and he was looked at as maybe his replacement on the scene.

He then came out with a single with Alicia keys and Kanye called city of gods which was a fairly impressive hit radio song and He had guys like Joe Budden hyping him up on his podcast as well which only built up the anticipation for his debut even more.

He then took that anticipation and dropped one of the biggest pieces of shit in debut history

83836348-F5D2-4EF4-AD98-896AA707ADF9.jpeg

(I just noticed black and white covers are a running theme)

After this coaster came out, the only time people really heard anything about Fivio was that Mase pretty much paid him in chopped cheeses

So I ask the community, which one of these guys fumbled their debut the most??

Last edited:
Bro Dave East came in riding Nas and KD

Fam should have gotten messy and found a way to go viral and he would have been straight

I said it above

Yeah we gon have to agree to disagree… I don’t think he was as hot as you are suggesting and it shows in the fact that he’s been basically MIA since that NY song dropped. Album came and went as if it didn’t even drop.

Also speaking of that NY song having major star players on your track doesn’t guarantee much anymore. Cardi whose a way bigger artist than Fivio had Kanye & Durk on the same song and it didn’t pop off either

Yeah we gon have to agree to disagree… I don’t think he was as hot as you are suggesting and it shows in the fact that he’s been basically MIA since that NY song dropped. Album came and went as if it didn’t even drop.

Also speaking of that NY song having major star players on your track doesn’t guarantee much anymore. Cardi whose a way bigger artist than Fivio had Kanye & Durk on the same song and it didn’t pop off either
It came and went because it sucked

Im talking about his hotness (NH) prior to the album coming out

That song charted well too so it did what it was supposed to do

Back