Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Who Fumbled Their Debut More??

Here you go with the stadiums again lol

Extreme ass example

I expected Dave East to not be debuting his vids still on WSHH in 2023 lol

Where in todays music would you expect him to be debuting his videos in 2023?

106 n park?

Oh yeah, TRL. That’s the ticket.

Neither one fumbled hype or potential?

FOH

Fumbled how? They got on by making a certain type of music and that’s the music they continue to make to this day.

They both appeal to a type of fan of NY rap (2000s east coast rap and current ny drill, respectively), which in todays market, doesn’t really get you that far. Fivio had a song with god damn Alicia keys and Kanye. That’s kinda crazy when you look at things for what they are and for who Fivio is. Does him making a song with big names guarantee the MASSES liking you? No.

My question to you is….how did these artists fumble?

Was the music they were making not “good” enough?

Where in todays music would you expect him to be debuting his videos in 2023?

106 n park?

Oh yeah, TRL. That’s the ticket.

Fumbled how? They got on by making a certain type of music and that’s the music they continue to make to this day.

They both appeal to a type of fan of NY rap (2000s east coast rap and current ny drill, respectively), which in todays market, doesn’t really get you that far. Fivio had a song with god damn Alicia keys and Kanye. That’s kinda crazy when you look at things for what they are and for who Fivio is. Does him making a song with big names guarantee the MASSES liking you? No.

My question to you is….how did these artists fumble?

Was the music they were making not “good” enough?
Neither debuts capitalized on the hype and potential for either artist for differing reasons

That’s it

Dave East capitalized by getting into acting.

Fivio….is just Fivio. Dunno what the hell he was really supposed to do.

Make better music?
Nah man you know this a music argument so miss me with being a rapper who went to Netflix to act like a rapper lol

Did you hear fivio’s debut? Did you notice how all the buzz died right after its release?

That’s not a fumble?

Nah man you know this a music argument so miss me with being a rapper who went to Netflix to act like a rapper lol

Did you hear fivio’s debut? Did you notice how all the buzz died right after its release?

That’s not a fumble?

Uh, fuck no I didn’t hear fivio’s shit because I don’t give a fuck about what he has to say about anything in life.

But how he got on and what he did when he was on (working with Kanye on Donda and parlaying that into getting an album excutive produced by Kanye), I mean…what else could he have done?

Have some tiktok promo campaigns?

Odds are, Fivio wasn’t gonna get a whole lot of new fans in the first place due to his limited sound. Male New York rappers of this era don’t really fit in with what’s going on in popular rap music. No amount of better rapping or features would have changed how his “buzz” played out. You act like the nigga was the next fuckin coming of Rakim. Are you fuckin serious? It’s fuckin FIVIO.

like who cares for real.

Now back to Dave East.

Who do you think is buying his shit for real.

Niggas? No.

Women? No.

Be for real. What was he supposed to do with that Nas co-sign……in the latter part of the 2010s? Come on now lol. The people who that matters to don’t even buy music like that.

Uh, fuck no I didn’t hear fivio’s shit because I don’t give a fuck about what he has to say about anything in life.

But how he got on and what he did when he was on (working with Kanye on Donda and parlaying that into getting an album excutive produced by Kanye), I mean…what else could he have done?

Have some tiktok promo campaigns?

Odds are, Fivio wasn’t gonna get a whole lot of new fans in the first place due to his limited sound. Male New York rappers of this era don’t really fit in with what’s going on in popular rap music. No amount of better rapping or features would have changed how his “buzz” played out. You act like the nigga was the next fuckin coming of Rakim. Are you fuckin serious? It’s fuckin FIVIO.

like who cares for real.

Fivio’s debut was so bad it halted everything

It chopped him off at the knees and created a much lower ceiling for him as a rapper

I’m just saying his debut killed his momentum

Now back to Dave East.

Who do you think is buying his shit for real.

Niggas? No.

Women? No.

Be for real. What was he supposed to do with that Nas co-sign……in the latter part of the 2010s? Come on now lol. The people who that matters to don’t even buy music like that.
You right. Nas’ influence ain’t really shit when he not a star himself

He can’t even sell records

And most record labels looked at Fivio Foreign as being too old to sign . ASAP Rocky is possibly the last male rapper from New York City to become popular in the mainstream. If Fivio was from Memphis or Atlanta his trajectory would have been better . New York is a relic of the past still relying old stars to put out good music.

Fivio’s debut was so bad it halted everything

It chopped him off at the knees and created a much lower ceiling for him as a rapper

I’m just saying his debut killed his momentum

Considering Fivio and what he does….and his sound….did you expect that project to actually be good?

This era ain’t even about being dope or being talented or having dope overall projects in the first place. It’s about being hot and parlaying that into something else that gets more money. That’s the play.

Even if Fivio shit was dope, lol, he’d be in the same place as he is now.

Considering Fivio and what he does….and his sound….did you expect that project to actually be good?

This era ain’t even about being dope or being talented or having dope overall projects in the first place. It’s about being hot and parlaying that into something else that gets more money. That’s the play.

Even if Fivio shit was dope, lol, he’d be in the same place as he is now.
Bro you talking too much to not even being that familiar with his music lol

If he was looked at as the guy to possibly take the reins from pop smoke who was incredibly popular in a short amount of time then that means something

You trying to play him and the sound out like there’s no way he could’ve been a bigger artist lol

If he was looked at as the guy to possibly take the reins from pop smoke who was incredibly popular in a short amount of time then that means something

You trying to play him and the sound out like there’s no way he could’ve been a bigger artist lol

If he coulda been bigger, he woulda been.

See, I deal in REALITY.

And nigga, you be in all types of threads ass-talking & speaking on shit that you have no experience with (resident evil, aew fight forever for a small example). You got some fuckin nerve.

Back