Welcome To aBlackWeb

When is it no longer just “jokes” ?

I laughed, but you people are beyond ridiculous.

it was a joke.

Look, I'm from Detroit, land of the confident big broad as every single Detroit poster here would attest to. Ain't nothin like it in any other city/state either. And Lizzo is originally from Detroit, so I get the confidence and erruhthang; it's in the DNA.

Her being big and confident ain't the issue. It's all the attention whoring she's doing that's at issue. Her antics have gone well beyond big and confident and is on some childish ass "look at meeeeeee" shit. We get it, you're big... now get the fuck in line and shut the fuck up about it already; nobody gives a shit. We've had plenty of confident big women in music that have been respected for their craft forever. Missy, Jennifer Hudson, Aretha, Jill Scott, Carnie Wilson, Kim Burrell, etc all have respect and admiration without having to resort to making a spectacle of themselves.

it was a joke.

Look, I'm from Detroit, land of the confident big broad as every single Detroit poster here would attest to. Ain't nothin like it in any other city/state either. And Lizzo is originally from Detroit, so I get the confidence and erruhthang; it's in the DNA.

Her being big and confident ain't the issue. It's all the attention whoring she's doing that's at issue. Her antics have gone well beyond big and confident and is on some childish ass "look at meeeeeee" shit. We get it, you're big... now get the fuck in line and shut the fuck up about it already; nobody gives a shit. We've had plenty of confident big women in music that have been respected for their craft forever. Missy, Jennifer Hudson, Aretha, Jill Scott, Carnie Wilson, Kim Burrell, etc all have respect and admiration without having to resort to making a spectacle of themselves.
You didn't have to explain yourself lol.

People hate this lady bc she's wild and big, fat, large, etc. It's already been stated that she's promoting being fat, which is simply stupid and an excuse for their keen dislike of this woman. I just find the ordeal hilariously repugnant.

You didn't have to explain yourself lol.

People hate this lady bc she's wild and big, fat, large, etc. It's already been stated that she's promoting being fat, which is simply stupid and an excuse for their keen dislike of this woman. I just find the ordeal hilariously repugnant.
But she IS promoting fatness. Like another poster mentioned, monique did the same thing. Its her angle, her gimmick. It is what it is

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
it was a joke.

199CDC59-9572-4BC8-92D3-972EC30FCE36.gif

Lizzo is fucking annoying.
If she was way with a phat ass and not a lard ass I’d still mute her ass everytime

lmao @ promoting fatness

shes simply comfortable and unashmed in her own skin.
Sure she is but she's also in the industry. Put it like this.. if Lizzo tweeted "im bout to lose 100 pounds yall" her handlers/label would be Furious. She might even lose fans

Reactions: GNS
no they wouldn’t lol

I'm almost inclined to think they would. Almost...

It's her shtick, it's what she's known for at this point and it's what her fans seem to identify with. When you take that away you lose the appeal. It would be akin to Brother J from X-Clan on his pro-Black shit for years, then you see a pic of him jumping the broom with a white woman. You ain't finna fuck with dude anymore 'cause now he looks fraudulent.

Same for Lizzo. If fat is not a problem, and you've built your whole image around being fat and that's why your fans love you, then when you announce you're going to lose weight they're gonna look at you like a fraud because you're clearly not about that life like you claimed.

Sure she is but she's also in the industry. Put it like this.. if Lizzo tweeted "im bout to lose 100 pounds yall" her handlers/label would be Furious. She might even lose fans
Same for Lizzo. If fat is not a problem, and you've built your whole image around being fat and that's why your fans love you, then when you announce you're going to lose weight they're gonna look at you like a fraud because you're clearly not about that life like you claimed.

EDAE4E5A-6B6E-42F5-A1CD-8DC524DC247A.gif

Lol at an attention whore getting attention and when its negative now I'm supposed to give af or feel bad about it. Foh.

I did read the op. Already quoted and posted on it. My last post was a generalization based off a few posts throughout the thread. Don't worry about me miss.

Back