Welcome To aBlackWeb

When is it no longer just “jokes” ?

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy

ppl always let comedians get away with saying the foulest shit (ie chappelle) because in comedy ”nothing is off limits” right? but when is it no longer jokes and just plain ol cruelty? where is the line drawn between a joke and common hate speech rooted in fatphobia? Queerphobia? and Transphobia?

For every Corey that dont like Lizzo, theres men that do, and find her very attractive. Like Du said, Corey ain't the one to be triggered over, he ain't the most sensitive brotha. Now if John Legend was poppin shit..it ain't jokes no mo

lord

For me, it has to be funny.

You can't just say hateful shit to say hateful shit.... But if the joke is funny I'll laugh.

But I can't tell people what not to be offended by. If someone feels a joke went too far... That's their right.

I've heard some unfunny jokes that went too far before.

I'll use myself as an example....i told a joke yesterday on FB.

It wasn't exactly offensive.... But it would have been inappropriate if I really did what I said I did. And while it was definitely funny.... An everyone laughed at it, I'd been a real jerk to carry thru Wednesday it.

Basically I went to my wife's job to drop off something, and one of her students asked her was I her daddy?

My wife bust out laughing and said no that's my husband

In real life I just rolled my eyes at jerk kid and walked out the class.. I had to go to work.

On FB I said I leaned down and looked the child dead in her soul and said

"But sometimes I am her Daddy"

Now saying that to a child is way outta line.... And I wouldn't have really done that shit.... Can you imagine how a parent would feel if some stranger said some shit like that to a 4 year old at daycare??

But it woulda still been funny...
:ualreadyknow:

I don't fuck with Corey after he was cheerleading for the white man who punched out an 11 year old black girl. His entire twitter thread was rooting for dude too.

Fuck that nigga

There's your legit black woman hater @Race Jones

You talking about when like 20 kids was all around him and the girl ran up on him?

I would have pushed the shit out of her myself

I'm kinda with you, to a certain extent. I don't really subscribe to the 'Oh he can say what he wants. He's a comedian.' shit. Yeah, there are room for humor within everything. But when you take time to break it down, and you realize how many of these 'jokes' are really just thinly veiled pieces of hate speech or reinforcement of a stereotype - with no actual JOKE at all - you start to look at it kinda funny. There is a way to joke about something or someone or a group of people, etc, without it being HATEFUL. Some shit is just hateful.

I feel like I can look at a few of your stand up specials and tell pretty accurately which groups of people you just enjoy joking about vs. which ones you actually have some sort of disdain for.

You talking about when like 20 kids was all around him and the girl ran up on him?

I would have pushed the shit out of her myself
Pushing aint punching

He jumped in the middle of mad kids. It wasn't about him til he inserted himself, then when the girl foolishly ran up he socked her like a grown man...

I expected that thread to be a whole bunch of "if that was my daughter id kill that cac" but instead it was a gang of niggas black woman bashing, cheerleading hard for the cac and posting "you got knocked the fuck out" gifs/memes.. about an 11 year girl. Shits trash. I can't be a fan of Corey no more

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
Pushing aint punching

He jumped in the middle of mad kids. It wasn't about him til he inserted himself, then when the girl foolishly ran up he socked her like a grown man...

I expected that thread to be a whole bunch of "if that was my daughter id kill that cac" but instead it was a gang of niggas black woman bashing, cheerleading hard for the cac and posting "you got knocked the fuck out" gifs/memes.. about an 11 year girl. Shits trash. I can't be a fan of Corey no more
Where’s the vid?

Back