Rep yo set

• Christian

• Muslim

• Jewish

• Buddist

• Non-religious

• Other (explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why do you have to be objective? Is that a trick question? lol If people are fine with being brainwashed then cool, won't be me, especially when the proof is right there in front of ur face.
how do you know your parents don't secretly hate you and were only taking care of you out of a sense of obligation?

They catered to you with positive reinforcement only out of fear for public shaming and humiliation from their peers.

prove me wrong with cold hard facts that are contrary to the two statements i provided.

Define Love

how do you know your parents don't secretly hate you and were only taking care of you out of a sense of obligation?

They catered to you with positive reinforcement only out of fear for public shaming and humiliation from their peers.

prove me wrong with cold hard facts that are contrary to the two statements i provided.

Define Love

Knowing someone's feelings isn't a fact , cuz feelings change. So they can hate me one day and love me the next.

But a mf gettin killed , coming back 3 days later, healing the blind, etc , it's either it happened or it didnt.

Bad analogy b.

BTW you don't have to answer any of that. I just want you to realize how foolish it is to explain those types of things.

No one ever really questions if their parents love them. They just take it for granted unless shown otherwise. And even still it's very difficult for people to accept that their parents don't love them.

The entire concept of love is just something we as humans will gravitate towards regardless of any evidence presented. It makes perfect sense for our created "God" to be a figure of pure unconditional love. You can preach a sermon or message of love every Sunday and it'll bring th house down, because it's a concept we all can relate to.

Things like Love, kindness, faithfulness....these are the fruit of the spirit....what essentially sums up the christian life....if you subscribe in that manner....it makes perfect sense to be a christian....who doesn't want to be kind, faithful, loving, exhibit self-control.....

lol, it's like the more reasons one lists to stray away the more it reaffirms the necessity

I don't believe in a higher power I know there is one. That is where the difference is with a lot people I've came across. Do you in your heart know that there is some thing out there is higher than you and looks over you. You can name it Christianity, Islamic, Judahe and Buhdist all you want but it all comes to not moreso believing but really knowing.

I have been up and down on this subject for all my life. Because of everything that say there is God there's a ton of things that say there isn't one. I don't fight anyone on what they think is real to them because I've been on both sides of this argument.

Is the person/spirit fake? Or is the actual character that is commonly passed off as Christ fake? We know his name wasn't Jesus at all. But did he not exist?

I don't think "WE" do. There's many who believe there was actually a nigga named Jesus in these streets and they pray to him every night

think about how many movies have to have happy endings?
look at hidden figures as they introduce the imaginary white man who proves that not all people were racist bastards...

it's just the way our brains work...it's not brainwashing, it's the way they're actually designed...love & goodness are things we want in our lives.....it's just who we are, any world designed and shaped from our desires will have religions that at the main core focus are surrounding the idea of love and goodness....

now naturally there are always going to be people who are willing to exploit that......and that will never change.....

but at it's base....we all still naturally associate religion with good things.....

those who are against religion and religious people list "non-good" things as their main reasoning....the existence of non-good things, and non-good people who claim religion are the reason i don't like religion, because it's all bullshit...

basically my point it....even non-religious people have an idea of what a religious person is SUPPOSED to be like, even if they fall short...they have that perception in mind, and it's not a bad person.....

that's the irony to me....

non-religious people mad at religious people for not being more ........religious.....

like seriously....ask yourself...what's one of your main issues with Christianity? If it's people who claim to live Chirst like living a duel life, then you have to also admit that the ideal Christian (even if you think they don't exist) is a good person worth wanting to aspire to be like.....

:think:

but why do people have to be objective on their personal choices?

It ultimately comes down to what you personally like better. I like Christianity. I like the message. I like the fellowship. I like the idea of being a better Christian. I like inspiring others through my actions. I like it so much that I love it, and I've decided to follow it in a way that makes me happy. It has nothing to do with brainwashing. That's such a cop-out and almost insulting to my intelligence.

You know what's brain washing? Brainwashing is that when i was a kid, my mother would turn on the bathroom faucet in the middle of the night so that the sound of running water would encourage me to pee. Now as an adult, every time i hear running water, i feel the irresistible urge to urinate.....that's brainwashing and conditioning. I was not brainwashed to be a christian. Yes i was raised in church, but when i left and decided to learn more about the world for myself, i was not stopped, or discouraged. I just did me....

I learned a lot more about religion itself in that time, i've wandered aimlessly, I've researched other religions. i spent a lot of time reading and breaking down the quran. And when i was satisfied with the answers or lack there of , i found my way back into the church. Not because it was all i knew, or what i was forced into, but because i actually wanted to come now, i I feel like i've gained so much more because of it.

I think people have a unrealistic obsession with knowledge. People assume if you know better, it somehow influences your choices.
I personally believe that's crap. Well atleast in my life.

I mean according to my mother......every asswhooping in my entire life was because i knew better.

if you follow that, I've always known better, but I still want to be a Christian. I mean i've read why i am not a christian by bertrand russell at least 7 or 8 times. I still own the book, it's in my room somewhere....

I mean i just had a 20 minute conversation with a grown man about the recent blessings in his life, and how thankful he was because of him, and we both gave honor to God for moving so powerfully in his life. Stuff like that is real to me for the moment. Some times you gotta live in the moment. And From my experience, when you're having a moment in prayer, or a moment in fellowship where God is getting the worship glory or praise,...nothing is realer inside that moment..nothing....

people laugh and make fun of those getting caught up int he spirit.....but experience it for yourself.....

it's kinda how i poke fun at zagarus for the stuff he be into, but i don't doubt for one second that he's had some very intense experiences that support his ideology even if a skeptic could print out a 30 page essay on why it's all bullshit.....

don't let what you know get in the way of what you don't......
u the cool typa theist

think about how many movies have to have happy endings?
look at hidden figures as they introduce the imaginary white man who proves that not all people were racist bastards...

it's just the way our brains work...it's not brainwashing, it's the way they're actually designed...love & goodness are things we want in our lives.....it's just who we are, any world designed and shaped from our desires will have religions that at the main core focus are surrounding the idea of love and goodness....

now naturally there are always going to be people who are willing to exploit that......and that will never change.....

but at it's base....we all still naturally associate religion with good things.....

those who are against religion and religious people list "non-good" things as their main reasoning....the existence of non-good things, and non-good people who claim religion are the reason i don't like religion, because it's all bullshit...

basically my point it....even non-religious people have an idea of what a religious person is SUPPOSED to be like, even if they fall short...they have that perception in mind, and it's not a bad person.....

that's the irony to me....

non-religious people mad at religious people for not being more ........religious.....

like seriously....ask yourself...what's one of your main issues with Christianity? If it's people who claim to live Chirst like living a duel life, then you have to also admit that the ideal Christian (even if you think they don't exist) is a good person worth wanting to aspire to be like.....

:think:

It's everything to do about brainwash, to the point you can't even imagine a world where Jesus never existed. That means you've been lied to your whole life, what else is a lie? It's alot to think about and people are too scared to even go there. I get it and I aint mad at people who don't wanna do their due diligence.

But it's no longer about belief is what i'm saying, do you have to believe that Tupac was a black man? I don't need faith to believe that shit, it's facts. Jesus never existed b.

u the cool typa theist
I thank the Lord for all good things in my life. I thank him for his son to provide the example of what we're to aspire to be like. I love the idea that he is pleased with our praise and worship, therefore I participate whole heartedly. I have no idea if these things really reach him, flatter him, or even concern him, or if he truly exists,

but I operate as if he does, because i am truly thankful for this unexplainable existence called life.

It's everything to do about brainwash, to the point you can't even imagine a world where Jesus never existed. That means you've been lied to your whole life, what else is a lie? It's alot to think about and people are too scared to even go there. I get it and I aint mad at people who don't wanna do their due diligence.

But it's no longer about belief is what i'm saying, do you have to believe that Tupac was a black man? I don't need faith to believe that shit, it's facts. Jesus never existed b.
see that's again an assumption...."people are too scared to even go there"

let's go there...i'm fine with that...you gotta stop with the thought that because you don't believe it somehow elevates you to a higher level of understanding....because there are believers with an even higher understanding of these things than you or i.....

trust me, it's not a lack of intelligence that attracts people to the idea of God....

I still watch wrestling every week, get caught up in the story lines, and be legit rooting for dudes...even though i know it's all "fake"

i still like it.....

i mean comparing wrestling to God is kinda wild, but it's funny cuz mad niggaz stopped watching wrestling cuz they found out it was fake.....i never got that....i just ask did they really like it cuz it was good, or did they only like it cuz they thought it was real.....

i don't go to church only because i think it's real.....i don't call myself a christian only because i think it's real....

i think there's a bunch of questionable stuff in the bible and in the mindset of many followers...i follow it because i am in love with the message.....i agree with it and it matches up with my line of thanking, therefore continue to operate with that.....

I thank the Lord for all good things in my life. I thank him for his son to provide the example of what we're to aspire to be like. I love the idea that he is pleased with our praise and worship, therefore I participate whole heartedly. I have no idea if these things really reach him, flatter him, or even concern him, or if he truly exists,

but I operate as if he does, because i am truly thankful for this unexplainable existence called life.
I can understand that. I'm similar with my beliefs n they themselves changed over time. Ain't got no guarantees bout the realness of anything but the material world, n even that cld be a lie if psych experiments r any indication, but I like believing in some things tht have no indisputable facts behind em like ghosts n cosmic justice. Just gotta go with what makes sense to you.

I can understand that. I'm similar with my beliefs n they themselves changed over time. Ain't got no guarantees bout the realness of anything but the material world, n even that cld be a lie if psych experiments r any indication, but I like believing in some things tht have no indisputable facts behind em like ghosts n cosmic justice. Just gotta go with what makes sense to you.
word there are days when my faith is extremely low, and days when it's very high.....

i'm still human....

if i lost my wife or child, i'd prolly be on my "fuck god" tip too......i 100% understand when people go there...it's natural

There could have been a nigga walking around preaching with his 12 deacons but all that nonsense of raising the dead and curing blind niggas is bullshit.

That book is so contradictory when it come to a merciful god. Niggas praise a being that killed off the earth population because he was angered and then bless David who slept with a nigga wife and then had the nigga killed to marry the wife.

@Dupacalypse

That's completelyyyyyyyyy different tho fam. Believing in God and loving and wanting to live by the actual message within "the book of god" is very different.

So this conversation for me is like you talking to ur nephew and him telling you "BUT WRESTLING IS REALLL" and refuse to believe it can be fake, tho you may still enjoy it and get why people love it, that doesn't mean it's real.

People are praying to a mf that isn't there, people are letting bs happen in their life cuz they feel "god will take the wheel" , people are using "god" to murder whole villages, religion has done more harm than good.

There's ways to instill good qualities into people and provide them with a blueprint to live righteous without lying to them about a fake God who came back to life and is watching ur every step, etc. It's bogus.

I think the historian's consensus is that Jesus/Yeshua was a real guy, he was just a rabbi. Same with Mohammed n co. Idk bout the other figures, haven't looked too deep. Major side eye on Moses tho. Cuz iono if there even was a time when Egyptians were large scale marginalizin Jews (pls correct me if I'm wrong?). A lot of those stories seem to be distorted folk tales.

Do you believe that "Jesus" never existed, and no person/entity ever walked the earth performing miracles under that name?

Or that that the whole story is a lie? Like there are similarities in the story to others in African spirtual systems , Zoroastrianism, Hinduism, and others.
So do you think it's all a lie?

Also, do you believe in spirits and/or esoteric knowledge?

I'll start with the simple shit.

Why were there atleast 5 "Gods" with damn near the exact same story that was DOCUMENTED hundreds/thousands of years before "jesus" was alive , 12 disciples, killed and resurrected 3 days later, born of a virgin, etc

There could have been a nigga walking around preaching with his 12 deacons but all that nonsense of raising the dead and curing blind niggas is bullshit.

That book is so contradictory when it come to a merciful god. Niggas praise a being that killed off the earth population because he was angered and then bless David who slept with a nigga wife and then had the nigga killed to marry the wife.
@Dupacalypse

That's completelyyyyyyyyy different tho fam. Believing in God and loving and wanting to live by the actual message within "the book of god" is very different.

So this conversation for me is like you talking to ur nephew and him telling you "BUT WRESTLING IS REALLL" and refuse to believe it can be fake, tho you may still enjoy it and get why people love it, that doesn't mean it's real.

People are praying to a mf that isn't there, people are letting bs happen in their life cuz they feel "god will take the wheel" , people are using "god" to murder whole villages, religion has done more harm than good.

There's ways to instill good qualities into people and provide them with a blueprint to live righteous without lying to them about a fake God who came back to life and is watching ur every step, etc. It's bogus.
Look at the times fellas....it's all in perspective.....

It's no news bulletin that people suck. people having been sucking for a long ass time bruh. Christianity didn't invent wars, murder and slaughter, but it did rise at a time when those things dominated the land. So it's not outside the realm of possibility that a dominate religion would have stories of wars slaughters and what not inside it's printed scribes. especially since Christianity is a hybrid of many religions coming together. The difference maker being Christ.

But it takes more from an individual to really identify what it is that this is really about. And overall the message from Christ is love. All that other stuff that people chose to focus on, let them focus on it. If you want to pray to God to kill your enemies. OR you want to focus on God killing people with a flood. Or a man killing his brother. Stories that predate the bible itself.....go for it....

that's your choice, you chose to allow those things as justification to that push you away.....because as you both said, if none of that shit is real, why should it matter what people pray to or about? if there is no God and religion is bogus. is it the religion that is fucked up, or those people who are wishing and hoping for the suffering of others? If the entire populous getting wiped out by a flood didn't happen, or if moses never splitted the red sea....why are those things the motivating contributor to your impression of the religion as a whole?

No one ever says the fruit of the spirit is bullshit. No one ever finds fault in the parables. or trip off the prodigal son, or any of Christ other teaches. It's always the miracles. People are always going to gravitate towards what they feel supports their purposes....

Truth is, the stories of the floods, and God's vengeance in the old testament were placed there to scare the masses to force people into a control that trumped even that of the current ruler. You can question man's will, but you can't question God's will. I think a lot of those things are very clear when looked into deeply, which is why many churches just don't dwell in the OT to much.

Most modern day churches don't look to control people, or use the bible to enforce law. Which is why church today is more about worship and praise. Every now n then you might get a fire and brimstone sermon....but ultimately Christianity and most religions are a celebration of life, and giving praises to the creator.

I'll start with the simple shit.

Why were there atleast 5 "Gods" with damn near the exact same story that was DOCUMENTED hundreds/thousands of years before "jesus" was alive , 12 disciples, killed and resurrected 3 days later, born of a virgin, etc
because Christianity did not invent religion

to think that is just foolish. of course it borrowed from other religions, because in those times they all did. It was what got them over. You can't put a new religion on a people without giving them something they're familiar to.

Back