Rep yo set

• Christian

• Muslim

• Jewish

• Buddist

• Non-religious

• Other (explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
What are your religious/spiritual beliefs.

I was raised Muslim not religious at all anymore. I would say I was more spiritual then anything, but I dont get too deep into that either. I think everything is connected in a way and we have all some of the "source" in us.

I was raised Christian, went to church pretty frequently. I started questioning religion around 14, but it wasn't until I was around 20 and started doing my own research, when I came to the belief that the theory of Jesus/any God is complete bullshit.

Presently, I just believe we're all products of the earth. I feel the sun moon and stars control the way the world works in some form or fashion.

grew up in church went heavily till about 22-23 started doing a lot of reading and studying shit like Bertrand Russel, and living a lot more recklessly....

had somethings happen to me that i couldn't really explain, and questioned God's presence in my life...then one day i figured if God did exist and he did want me to know about him, he would surely end a sign..

looked at a bible and was like....duh......

After that i just approached Christianity differently...i try to improve myself as a person, by focusing on what i feel God would like to see better in me...i feel like it's futile to even try to be a perfect Christian....the most you can do is lead your life in a way that inspire others...so I work on doing better, and hope those who see the change in me become inspired, and want to know what it was that got me right...I give all honor and praise to the Lord

After seeing my mom get sick and praying and keeping her faith and still ending up passing away that's when I realized that religion and all that higher power nonsense was all bullshit. I don't knock what other people believe in because that's their choice but I have a hard time believing in a nigga that's supposedly all powerful but just sits around and watch fucked up shit happen in the world

I believed in god/christianity until i was about 9 years old. I didnt go to church often, but i was dragged there one day and had to go to "sunday school" and everything felt so fake and the stories they told made no sense to me. Like Noah's Ark, Jonah and the Whale, all that. The Teacher was talking like it was all facts. I told my mom i didnt like it and she never made me go to church again. Shes kind of religious though. She swears everytime something crazy happens in the news, which is goddamn every day, that we are "in the end times" and "all the signs are right there in the bible". I done argue with her though.

I believe when we die we end up as worm food. I understand Religions purpose, but i myself am not a believer.

also in regards to older people... the faith inside of them is amazing...

like us young folk, it's so easy for us to give up and turn our backs on God, and say it's all bullshit... but you see a person in their 80's or better with absolute no fear of death or judgement, because their faith is that strong.....

I've watched more people die than i care to admit, and most people are scared as shit of crossing over. they have no idea what to expect. The fear of the unknown with death can lead people to do some crazy shit.....

but those who are set in their faith. They made peace with their God. and they truly subscribe to their beliefs......they fear nothing.....they're actually optimistic about going to glory....

that's true faith, i want that.....a lotta people pray from their death bed....and those who not really sure.....they die scared....but those who real about it....thy go out in class....if anything....i want my faith to be to the point where when my time does come, i'm fully okay with that......

For me it's no longer about faith, there' documented facts to prove that theory of Jesus is false.

But there's some people who needs to have faith in something. Like my pops for example. I wouldn't tell/show him things that will prove that the theory of Jesus is clearly bullshit, cuz he's the type of nigga that needs to believe in Jesus, that shit keeps him in positive spirits and I'd hate to be the mf to mess that up for him, tho i know he's praying to an imaginary mf.

For me it's no longer about faith, there' documented facts to prove that theory of Jesus is false.

But there's some people who needs to have faith in something. Like my pops for example. I wouldn't tell/show him things that will prove that the theory of Jesus is clearly bullshit, cuz he's the type of nigga that needs to believe in Jesus, that shit keeps him in positive spirits and I'd hate to be the mf to mess that up for him, tho i know he's praying to an imaginary mf.
Same with my parents. When they found Islam it kinda saved their lives in a way, they needed that structure that faith in their life to keep them a float and thats why I dont knock people for what they believe

What do you think that purpose is

For believers, i look at it as Moral guidelines. For some its a reason to live, for others its to help inspire and give hope. Stuff like that.

there are always the people that abuse it too though.

thing is though bruh...

there's so much unknown about....everything.......it's wild dangerous to live in absolutes and rule out ANYTHING...

we could literally uncover some shit in the next few weeks that turns our understanding of the known world, and the unknown world completely on it's ass.....we just never truly really know.....

i 100% accept the possibility that everything i believe in and subscribe to could be nothing, but i choose to believe in it, and in that sense, its real to me.

someone once told me, that the older you get in life, you don't really know more, you realize how much you truly don't know.......

when i see people so go hard confident that they just shitting all over religion, and specifically Christianity...i kinda wanna know where life is going to take them, and if they commit to that stance over the next 40-50 years of living...

something could happen tomorrow that makes you an instant believer.....there's mad people who will tell you they had a vision, or seen some shit that cant be explained....i did a report on near death experiences when i was in school...some of that stuff stuck with me for life....

you never really know.....one of the reasons i like writing....you can play with reality and supernatural shit at will...divine intervention is one helluva mind trip if you take some time and really read into it.....

I believe their is a higher power.
I went to church as a child, never felt comfortable there. Sounded like a bunch of bullshit. Some superhero named Jesus. Pastors begging for money. Just all bullshit.

I believe their is a higher power.
I went to church as a child, never felt comfortable there. Sounded like a bunch of bullshit. Some superhero named Jesus. Pastors begging for money. Just all bullshit.
Do you pray. Do you think the higher being is in control of your life

Edit: i didnt realize how long this was, so i spoilered it.

I grew up a "Christian", and I use the term losely. Parents stopped going to church frequently when I was really young. I do remember getting baptised and I relieved a children's bible after my baptism. We probably stopped going when I was around 6-7 years old. But i remembered some of the things I learned in children's bible study.

We would go sporadically on holidays and what not, but I wasn't raised in the church for real. My mother was, but she stopped going. And my father isn't a religious person at all. But something in me always longed to "know" God/The Most High. I would read that children's bible and ask questions and never really recieve answers because my parents didn't know for real...so I left it alone.

It wasnt until I was in college that a really started to seek The Most High. I felt their had to be more to life than the rat race and the "American Dream"...

Went to numerous Baptist Church heavy for a good year until I started to realize the politics and lip service many of these churches push wasn't feeding me spirtually. So I took it into my own hands to learn as much as I could, literally. I prayed every day for The Most High to guide me to the "Truth"....then I came across the Gathering of Christ Church on YouTube.

They are Hebrew Israelites, but not the kind you hear about in New YORK and other areas disrespecting folks. I came across those cats too just doing my own research, and because of that I initially wrote off all Hebrew Isrealites....until I saw this particular teaching and actually considered what was being said....

It got my attention. These brothers were preaching a dofferent message and consucted themselves differently from the disrespectful camps. So I did more research...and it made sense. I had be trying to live according the life of a "Christian" the best I knew how...but based on scripture, it didn't make sense. So I kept watching these brothers and linked up with them. Then this was dropped, and I knew it was serious...

Been rocking with them ever since.

Qam Yasharahla

Edit: i didnt realize how long this was, so i spoilered it.

I grew up a "Christian", and I use the term losely. Parents stopped going to church frequently when I was really young. I do remember getting baptised and I relieved a children's bible after my baptism. We probably stopped going when I was around 6-7 years old. But i remembered some of the things I learned in children's bible study.

We would go sporadically on holidays and what not, but I wasn't raised in the church for real. My mother was, but she stopped going. And my father isn't a religious person at all. But something in me always longed to "know" God/The Most High. I would read that children's bible and ask questions and never really recieve answers because my parents didn't know for real...so I left it alone.

It wasnt until I was in college that a really started to seek The Most High. I felt their had to be more to life than the rat race and the "American Dream"...

Went to numerous Baptist Church heavy for a good year until I started to realize the politics and lip service many of these churches push wasn't feeding me spirtually. So I took it into my own hands to learn as much as I could, literally. I prayed every day for The Most High to guide me to the "Truth"....then I came across the Gathering of Christ Church on YouTube.

They are Hebrew Israelites, but not the kind you hear about in New YORK and other areas disrespecting folks. I came across those cats too just doing my own research, and because of that I initially wrote off all Hebrew Isrealites....until I saw this particular teaching and actually considered what was being said....

It got my attention. These brothers were preaching a dofferent message and consucted themselves differently from the disrespectful camps. So I did more research...and it made sense. I had be trying to live according the life of a "Christian" the best I knew how...but based on scripture, it didn't make sense. So I kept watching these brothers and linked up with them. Then this was dropped, and I knew it was serious...

Been rocking with them ever since.

Qam Yasharahla

That's the same shit @MzLYRICIST be on.

BTW i love shit like rick and morty though.....

religious humor makes me laugh way harder than i should....

i just think it's awesome how insignificantly small our planet is in regards to the rest of the universe...how our biggest problems or a cosmic universal scale are all meaningless.....

none of this shit really means anything.....

it hasn't even been ruled out yet that all religions were just a more advanced species just fucking with us just cuz the could.....

i think that would be n awesome prank tbh...

that our whole concept of religion and God is based off of some being or beings who was just smarter than everybody else 10,000+ years ago, and let niggaz run with the idea that they were a higher power......

BTW i love shit like rick and morty though.....

religious humor makes me laugh way harder than i should....

i just think it's awesome how insignificantly small our planet is in regards to the rest of the universe...how our biggest problems or a cosmic universal scale are all meaningless.....

none of this shit really means anything.....

it hasn't even been ruled out yet that all religions were just a more advanced species just fucking with us just cuz the could.....

i think that would be n awesome prank tbh...

that our whole concept of religion and God is based off of some being or beings who was just smarter than everybody else 10,000+ years ago, and let niggaz run with the idea that they were a higher power......

So you type all that and still wanna believe in Jesus my nigga? lol

Back