Rep yo set

• Christian

• Muslim

• Jewish

• Buddist

• Non-religious

• Other (explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tbh, im still trying to figure out just what I really believe in. My family grew up in a Baptist church. I remember as a child going to Sunday school all the time, but as I got older I attended church less and lesser. I only went bc I was told to go and I needed to know more about Jesus. I found myself falling asleep, texting, and other things while at Sunday's service. I would look around and stare at ppl wondering if them passing out and screaming was really legit an act. I questioned myself to why I never felt that way. As an adult, I started to research and educate myself more about history as a black person and was this "Christian" life the only religion out there. As I became more "awake", I believed less in this white Jesus sitting at a table with his disciples in a image plastered in the front of most churches Ive attended. I watched how these so called Christians would praise God, act holy, and show fake love straight up to ppl's face, but were completely different outside of the church. They lied, they stole, they were lowdown, fornicating, and judgemental. I thought to myself, " these ppl are a bunch of fake praising clowns and I aint wit this shit". As a nonChristian, I realized I was way more morally constructed than they were and I wanted nothing to do wit the Christian way of life. I also felt like Christianity and the Bible were introduced to black slaves as a method to keep them mentally enslaved and give them false hope while praising another white man. I just feel like as a black woman, it's my responsibility and obligation to research instead of just going with the flow. Why am I following the traditonal way of life of white America? I have more to elaborate on, but im mobile and my fingers are tired lmao. Overlook any typos.

It's not about what you know,

It's about what you choose:think:

This at the end of the day....

Most of what we say we "know" is based on the merit we give people who claim to have witnessed or proved something. Unless you can validate anything with one of your five senses, then all you are doing is purring your "faith" in a person or ideal.

And that's just from the carnal perspective. There are numerous people on this board that say they have experience sleep paralysis/astral projection. Can you explain that experience using one of your five senses? And how much can you trust what you experienced with everything we commonly accept as true when it comes to how the brain functions?

Maybe we are all experience a shared consciousness and nothing we experience is "reality"....

But that's the ideal behind faith....

Born & raised in the church.

Slacked off from going in my adult years, but still kept my faith.

I'm not perfect and muck up, but I always gave thanks to the Almighty.

Tbh, im still trying to figure out just what I really believe in. My family grew up in a Baptist church. I remember as a child going to Sunday school all the time, but as I got older I attended church less and lesser. I only went bc I was told to go and I needed to know more about Jesus. I found myself falling asleep, texting, and other things while at Sunday's service. I would look around and stare at ppl wondering if them passing out and screaming was really legit an act. I questioned myself to why I never felt that way. As an adult, I started to research and educate myself more about history as a black person and was this "Christian" life the only religion out there. As I became more "awake", I believed less in this white Jesus sitting at a table with his disciples in a image plastered in the front of most churches Ive attended. I watched how these so called Christians would praise God, act holy, and show fake love straight up to ppl's face, but were completely different outside of the church. They lied, they stole, they were lowdown, fornicating, and judgemental. I thought to myself, " these ppl are a bunch of fake praising clowns and I aint wit this shit". As a nonChristian, I realized I was way more morally constructed than they were and I wanted nothing to do wit the Christian way of life. I also felt like Christianity and the Bible were introduced to black slaves as a method to keep them mentally enslaved and give them false hope while praising another white man. I just feel like as a black woman, it's my responsibility and obligation to research instead of just going with the flow. Why am I following the traditonal way of life of white America? I have more to elaborate on, but im mobile and my fingers are tired lmao. Overlook any typos.

Damn. That was deep as hell.

Long story short, I'm not religious, but I do believe in the power of the universe as a whole. I stopped believing in the Bible some point in high school just because it was so out there and it was affecting my life negatively. In college started reading a lot on other religions like Zoroastrianism, The Greek and Roman pantheon's, Egyptian and Sumerian/Babylonian mythology. When I realized the Bible was almost definitely copied from those other texts, I was officially done.

I also want to say that I do believe in a higher power. Im a spirtual being and I look towards morality as a way of life. I know morality in philosophy is based from right and wrong in the eyes of human law, so it can be viewed as a bit of a contradiction also. But shit, whatever you put out in the universe I believe you get it back so that's more on my lines.

After seeing my mom get sick and praying and keeping her faith and still ending up passing away that's when I realized that religion and all that higher power nonsense was all bullshit. I don't knock what other people believe in because that's their choice but I have a hard time believing in a nigga that's supposedly all powerful but just sits around and watch fucked up shit happen in the world
I watched the most pious, kind hearted person I know die in unfathomable pain. Someone who never harmed another soul and didn't have a chance to have an easy life of their own. Kept their faith in spite of many reasons not to... all to go out like that.

I try to be positive and believe the force that connects us is a good one but it's hard.

nothing. I have a very empty soul. i believe in a higher power. someone is making thing called "earth" work.

@TheMasterKey

watch this video...especially at about 4:30

@TheMasterKey

@'d again for emphasis, you can have all the knowledge, and all the understanding, but ultimately you're going to choose what algns best with your way of thinking...,

even in the bible it says people will always try to ridicule you or stir you away from your faith..... but it's who i am, so i'm good regardless of what else i'm exposed to.....some things are more complex than a simple reveal

it's kinda like being in love......

there's no distinctive, 100% irrefutable evidence that my wife is in love with me and has never wanted to leave me......

none.....

she can say it all she wants, to, but it's impossible for me to truly know.....ultimately it comes down to what i chose to beleive

Once you have facts, it's no longer about belief. If you were raised (brainwashed) to believe milk was poison and if you were to ever drink it you shall instantly die and burn in hell and you go on about your life believing that. Until one day you drink it and realize that it's not poison, it's no longer about belief at that point, it's a fact that it isn't poison.

Some people just refuse to be objective and continue to subscribe to something they were raised to believe.

but why do people have to be objective on their personal choices?

It ultimately comes down to what you personally like better. I like Christianity. I like the message. I like the fellowship. I like the idea of being a better Christian. I like inspiring others through my actions. I like it so much that I love it, and I've decided to follow it in a way that makes me happy. It has nothing to do with brainwashing. That's such a cop-out and almost insulting to my intelligence.

You know what's brain washing? Brainwashing is that when i was a kid, my mother would turn on the bathroom faucet in the middle of the night so that the sound of running water would encourage me to pee. Now as an adult, every time i hear running water, i feel the irresistible urge to urinate.....that's brainwashing and conditioning. I was not brainwashed to be a christian. Yes i was raised in church, but when i left and decided to learn more about the world for myself, i was not stopped, or discouraged. I just did me....

I learned a lot more about religion itself in that time, i've wandered aimlessly, I've researched other religions. i spent a lot of time reading and breaking down the quran. And when i was satisfied with the answers or lack there of , i found my way back into the church. Not because it was all i knew, or what i was forced into, but because i actually wanted to come now, i I feel like i've gained so much more because of it.

I think people have a unrealistic obsession with knowledge. People assume if you know better, it somehow influences your choices.
I personally believe that's crap. Well atleast in my life.

I mean according to my mother......every asswhooping in my entire life was because i knew better.

if you follow that, I've always known better, but I still want to be a Christian. I mean i've read why i am not a christian by bertrand russell at least 7 or 8 times. I still own the book, it's in my room somewhere....

I mean i just had a 20 minute conversation with a grown man about the recent blessings in his life, and how thankful he was because of him, and we both gave honor to God for moving so powerfully in his life. Stuff like that is real to me for the moment. Some times you gotta live in the moment. And From my experience, when you're having a moment in prayer, or a moment in fellowship where God is getting the worship glory or praise,...nothing is realer inside that moment..nothing....

people laugh and make fun of those getting caught up int he spirit.....but experience it for yourself.....

it's kinda how i poke fun at zagarus for the stuff he be into, but i don't doubt for one second that he's had some very intense experiences that support his ideology even if a skeptic could print out a 30 page essay on why it's all bullshit.....

don't let what you know get in the way of what you don't......

Why do you have to be objective? Is that a trick question? lol If people are fine with being brainwashed then cool, won't be me, especially when the proof is right there in front of ur face.

Back