Rep yo set

• Christian

• Muslim

• Jewish

• Buddist

• Non-religious

• Other (explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I must still believe somewhat, because im conflicted and feel bad about dismissing it sometimes
Lol this exactly where im at

I find a lot of contradictions yet i come to the bible's defense sometimes.

So i never claim either side. Bc of that im not mad at whatever ppl wanna believe.

Reactions: 1/2
Science may be a debunker of religion but not a debunker of faith or belief in the most high. Because there would be no science without God. If you believe in God. The problem because more about faith than about religion. When I am flying on a plane I am praying both god and the science are in my favor that day but ultimately it will be Jah will.

The tree of life is all related.

Everything we know as life in our world is on the tree of life.

Humans can trace back their DNA to any living thing and we will find a common ancestor on that tree.

Humans & Apes

Humans & dogs

Humans & dinosuars

Humans & a mushroom

All on the tree of life.

We are only have 1% different DNA than a ape.

Thus we are only 1% smarter than an ape.

Intelligent life (as we know it) only took 0.2 Billion yrs to evolve on our planet.

Our planet revolves around 1 of 100 thousand million stars in the milky way.

Each star is capable of having its own set of planets.

And the milky way is only 1 of an estimated 100 BILLION galaxies.

The big bang is a fact. It happened 15 billion years ago.

If the universe is 15 billion yrs old, and intelligent life only took 0.2 billion yrs to evolve here...

Is it possible on another planet revolving around another star... That intelligent life has also evolved.

And what if they are 1% more evolved than us... Or 2% or 10%

Just a few short centuries ago we thought the world was flat.

Lifes a trip carnal

I feel like just bc science can explain certain phenomenon doesnt necessarily mean god isnt real.

Just because science can explain how the universe works doesnt mean there isnt some sort of creator. U figure out the blueprint to something doesnt mean the original creator never existed.

This is why i kinda flip to being agnostic bc i feel there is a creator but why should i believe one over the other? Whos to say who is right? What if our idea of god is all wrong but it exists nonetheless?

What if science is god n we're just giving it another name?

One things for sure the less questions u ask the easier it is to believe.

Science is "God"

Thats the most logical answer to me.

And science dont care or worry about u. It only exists.
What trips me out is if i was born on the other side of the world chances are i'd have a completely diff belief system n would probably be arguing with mfs who believe what i believe now.

Christians have visions and prophecies, so do muslims. Hindus have enlightenment. Who are we to say our spiritual experiences are real while discounting others?

But this capacity to experience spirituality exists nonetheless. Which is why i think we all label and name shit only causes division, but like u said it exists nonetheless n dont care how we feel or label it.

I'm torn..... On one hand I know there's something out there greater than us. On the other hand I know anything man touch like "religion" is already screwed up

Are u asking what makes up the DNA in our tree of life?

Or are u asking how our tree of life began to be?

I'm asking how any and everything in the universe came to be. It just started to exist out of nowhere?

Science nor religion can answer that.

The older I get the more silly the concept of "hell" gets

Like, am I on fire burnin for eternity?

Ok, that may be uncomfortable for the 1st few thousand yrs, but after a few million I'd get used to it

& what if I disobey the "devil", would he send to the... hellhole *rim crash* lol

& on that note the concept of "heaven" is jus as silly

so a 6 month old baby dies & goes to heaven

does someone have to take care of the baby or does the baby grow up b4 entering the pearly gates?

I'm asking how any and everything in the universe came to be. It just started to exist out of nowhere?

Science nor religion can answer that.

The Big Bang gave birth to Hydrogen & Helium.

Hydrogen & Helium would fuse to form heavier elements.

If the universe is 15 billion yrs old, and intelligent life only took 0.2 billion yrs to evolve here...

Is it possible on another planet revolving around another star... That intelligent life has also evolved.

And what if they are 1% more evolved than us... Or 2% or 10%

Just a few short centuries ago we thought the world was flat.

Lifes a trip carnal

It's absolutely possible and it's 100% likely that there are billions of planets out there with conditions just like ours with intelligent life on it.

One look at this and I knew ain’t no such thing is God.

53sld0.jpg

That's one of the things that got me when I was a kid. If God existed, why must the innocent suffer like that? Why be born only to suffer through starvation and shit and die before you reach 7-8 years old? What is the point in all of that? Why would a child be born with defects that his/her parents have no way of coping with?

Back