Welcome To aBlackWeb

UPDATE: Netflix Will Now Show Commercials For Needed Ad Revenue/Netflix Raises Their Subscription Prices In the U.S. and Canada

In an effort to lure more subscribers, Netflix has increased its content spend, particularly on originals. To pay for it, the company hiked prices of its service. Netflix said those price changes are helping to bolster revenue but were partially responsible for a loss of 600,000 subscribers in the U.S. and Canada during the most recent quarter.

A lower-tier option that includes advertisements could keep some price-conscious consumers with the service and provide Netflix with a different avenue to garner funds.

“It’s pretty clear that it’s working for Hulu. Disney is doing it. HBO did it,” Hastings said. “I don’t think we have a lot of doubt that it works.”
No shit increasing the cost was responsible for losing subscribers

I honestly wouldn't care if the lower tier had ads. I use the max one for 4k

I had no idea Disney or HBO has ads though. Never seen them

crazy part is that people starting cordcutting and streaming to get away from paying them cable prices

with all these services combined, it's like paying for cable all over again
I pay for clutch tv on the firestick. Got all cable channels from different states, local tv and some movies in theater. It freezes some time but I think it's just where I live cause the cables are old

I pay for clutch tv on the firestick. Got all cable channels from different states, local tv and some movies in theater. It freezes some time but I think it's just where I live cause the cables are old

preciate the recommendation, I have a firestick sitting around so imma def check it out

After years of resisting advertisements on its streaming service, Netflix is now “open” to offering lower-priced tiers with ads, co-CEO Reed Hastings said Tuesday.

Hastings has long been opposed to adding commercials or other promotions to the platform but said during the company’s prerecorded earnings conference call that it “makes a lot of sense” to offer customers a cheaper option.

“Those who have followed Netflix know that I have been against the complexity of advertising and a big fan of the simplicity of subscription,” Hastings said. “But as much as I am a fan of that, I am a bigger fan of consumer choice, and allowing consumers who would like to have a lower price and are advertising-tolerant to get what they want makes a lot of sense.”

Not as bad as it seems.

They're basically going to do what Hulu is already doing.

Which is offering one price with ads..........and another price without ads.

Last edited:
crazy part is that people starting cordcutting and streaming to get away from paying them cable prices

with all these services combined, it's like paying for cable all over again

Cause all these other corporations are greedy. They could've just worked with Netflix since it's the grand daddy and has the best interface. Instead, these mfs started thinking "Oh, our library is deep. Fuck Netflix, we'll just pull our content, copy them, and keep the $$$."

I still think Netflix is the best. Their foreign material is untouchable, minus anime. I think Hulu got that on lock.

I mean I appreciate the convenience of Netflix but not at that price point. It's crazy to me that the content has slowed to a crawl the last 2 years but they've up the price twice during that time. All they pumping is mid Korean shows. Like fohwtbs.

I've already cut off prime with their weakass selection and output. I get hbomax content as part of my tv package and apple tv+ is 6months free if you got a ps5 so imma just run with those 2 and leave the rest for gang and put real-debrid to use more.

I've got Netflix, Disney (via fam), Apple (missus pays that) and Prime...

Prime is my go-to now ... Especially their movie library... They got affiliations with some other film institutions so their independent film collection deep ...

Back