Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Underrated, Overrated, Properly rated Series: Belly

Rate

• Total voters
ATL is a better visual movie than Belly and yet niggas never bring it up

lol that cheap ass blue tint

and yes Hype knows how to use colors well but outside of the first what? 10 mins what is there that’s special

And even if I wanna concede that the cinematography is good

the acting isnt
The plot isn’t
There’s no characters that have any actual depth
These guys are introduced as a stick up crew right?

y’all fall back on

“it has quotables”
“It’s a classic hood movie”
“It had a cool cast” at the time”
“I watched it a lot”

none of these things mean shit as far as quality of a movie

this movie is a 5/10

I’ll watch it and it’s mildly entertaining but it’s ass and it’s okay

Damn Siskel

properly rated......

it's a cult classic that def fit it's time

it's also one of my favorite movies because it spoke directly to me.......the blending of different black cultures, and the actors of that time definitely appealed to folks in my era

however, the storyline writing and acting was terrible, but that may have been more so due to the poor standards we accept in the black community when it comes to writing and character development in general........we tend to accept a lot of mediocre shit just to have something for ourselves

now today, I would hope a product like Belly wouldn't be able to fly

Lotta
unnamed.jpg
ass niggas on the site. I ain't mad or even judging but I really wish niggas would be themselves.

A LOT of you niggas simply dont got the clearance level to speak on Belly. Lotta Russell Wilsons that wanna be Mike Vics showed up in this peace

Lotta
View attachment 305172
ass niggas on the site. I ain't mad or even judging but I really wish niggas would be themselves.

A LOT of you niggas simply dont got the clearance level to speak on Belly. Lotta Russell Wilsons that wanna be Mike Vics showed up in this peace
I know this not for me but I'ma finally give my two pennies when I get to the laptop

Lotta
View attachment 305172

:dfbruh: @ this subliminal passive aggressive post

call them niggaz out by name like a grown man

Back