Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Underrated, Overrated, Properly rated Series: Belly

Rate

• Total voters

AP2.5

Beef Authority
Site Administrator
Synopsis:

Ever since they were kids, Sincere (Nas) and Buns (DMX) have lived life close to the edge, doing whatever it takes to survive. As adults, they build up their kingdom of crime on drug dealing and robbery. But Sincere grows weary of the criminal lifestyle and joins a black Muslim religious group. Buns, on the other hand, sinks deeper into criminality and faces serious prison time. The cops offer him a deal, however -- assassinate the head of the Muslim group, and he will go free.

Keep seeing ya'll talk about this

I know RT can be wishy washy about black films but im only using it as a baseline. Critics seemed to hate it but audience members rock with it.

What say you

@Big Lurko
@Horsecock Williams

you think it still holds up? or is this a case of being bit by the nostalgia bug?

The story is pretty generic, but the cinematography is still better than alot of movies dropping today.

It has quotables for days and niggas drop gifs from the movie nearly everyday on here alone.

Boyz In The Hood is a classic movie, Belly is a classic hood movie.

I think its properly rated it its own weird space

its a dope movie....the characters, the quotes, the style....its some hip hop classic shit

as far as films and stories go.....nah its not a heavyweight...there werent that many real actors in it and who knows wtf its about lmao

I watched it 1000 times tho

The story is pretty generic, but the cinematography is still better than alot of movies dropping today.

It has quotables for days and niggas drop gifs from the movie nearly everyday on here alone.

Boyz In The Hood is a classic movie, Belly is a classic hood movie.
interesting

i'ma wait for the two main niggas who been going on and on about this shit to respond before i give my analysis

funny all of a sudden they busy now

interesting

i'ma wait for the two main niggas who been going on and on about this shit to respond before i give my analysis

funny all of a sudden they busy now
I’m cool it’s a trash movie

Niggas try to separate it into hood movie as a genre to stop it from being classified as a shitty movie is all I’ll say

Last edited:
There’s glaring flaws but it’s a classic hood flick. The visuals are awesome even after 20 plus years.

I stop using shit like hood classic or like in music shit like southern classic.

nope it’s either dope or not

Back