Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Underrated, Overrated, Properly rated Series: Belly

Rate

• Total voters
man i been trying to chill

but a lil nigga shouldn't speak to his father like that and expect not to get his ass whooped

I didn't raise you (aka pay all that child support to your ratchet ass mama) to be like this son :scust:
200 (3).gif

Ya know, I'm a lil embarrassed and also perfectly ok with realizing who you are.

Very odd that it came from you talking out the side of ya face b

Belly is a beautiful film to look at. I just think Hype and nem ran outta money to pay for an acting coach, bc they overspent their budget on baby oil and vaseline.

Last edited:
View attachment 305228

Ya know, I'm a lil embarrassed and also perfectly ok with realizing who you are.

Very odd that it came from you talking out the side of ya face b

shit is sad that I wasn't there for u to the point now u barely recognize ya own kinfolk☹

but it's alright

I got other kids out here that make me proud

if u have 10+ kids, u can't be surprised when one becomes a failure in his job as an internet forum security guard..........where ya flashlight at :lol10:

shit is sad that I wasn't there for u to the point now u barely recognize ya own kinfolk☹

but it's alright

I got other kids out here that make me proud

if u have 10+ kids, u can't be surprised when one becomes a failure in his job as an internet forum security guard..........where ya flashlight at :lol10:
Simmer down now before you wrinkle ya linen suit b

You've been addressed, now how a complimentary cookie on your way out Clarence

Belly is a really long music video with skits.

Nas acting is so garbage that honestly the movie might be better if Nas played AZ's role like he did in In Too Deep and another raper played Nas role. Or they could've just had a real actor play Nas role. DMX wasn't bad in his role considering he's a rapper acting in a supporting cast role. Basically in his lane of acting. Method Man was good because surprise, Meth is a good actor. T-Boz was trash. She might be the worst female singer at acting. I mean whoa, her acting was painfully noticeable and very cringeworthy.

As for the plot. It's not a bad one. They just had a music video mindset while filming. Just like a music video in the 90's Belly had so many different scenes that looked like a whole different movie. Shit was like watching a Busta Rhymes or Outkast music video.

Example. There were several whole ass movie plots in Belly.

Nas and DMX trying to get money and live large
Nas trying to get out the game and move to Africa?
Knowledge being a boss from prison and being the antagonist to Nas and DMX
Nebraska
DMX turning to God????
The Jamaican drug game

That's like a giant music video where you go from scene to scene and verse to verse with the rappers and singers rapping and singing about shit that's relevant only to the current scene or verse. Not the entirety of the song or movie.

Had they simply picked 2 of those plots and developed them the movie would be highly rated.

For example.

The plot in Belly should be one where Nas and DMX are in a stickup crew and DMX wants to expand their illegal activities to drugs but he's in over his head. Nas is in agreement with DMX about living a larger life but he's not completely sold on expanding their illegal activities to include the drug trade. He has second thoughts and eventually him and DMX clash about it. While trying to expand the drug game DMX looks to the Jamaicans who run the drug game in the Tri-State area but another key connect to the Jamaicans doesn't want DMX and Nas cutting into his money. That's where Knowledge comes into play. He sees that DMX and Nas are trying to push their crew to the top and he knows that this could only mean bad news for him so he makes moves to prevent DMX and Nas from making it further up the ladder. You know a couple of robberies and murders. Shit like that to keep the beef and the plot going. Once the shit starts getting thick and bodies start dropping Nas becomes even more sure that this life ain't for him. With a baby on the way and coming to the realization that he isn't about that life, Nas begins to question their purpose which of course is to the dismay of DMX.

Remove the whole Nebraska angle from the story. Method Man is Knowledge right hand man. So it's Knowledge and Meth vs Nas and DMX for the number 1 spot as the Jamaicans biggest connect for drugs in the Tri-State area. After beefing for months Method Man dies, Knowledge gets locked up, DMX gets locked up, and Nas becomes the number 1 connect for the Jamaicans. The guy who wanted the job the least ends up getting it. And now he's stuck in the game. He's in The Belly.

The End. Give me my Oscar niggas.

Belly is a really long music video with skits.

Nas acting is so garbage that honestly the movie might be better if Nas played AZ's role like he did in In Too Deep and another raper played Nas role. Or they could've just had a real actor play Nas role. DMX wasn't bad in his role considering he's a rapper acting in a supporting cast role. Basically in his lane of acting. Method Man was good because surprise, Meth is a good actor. T-Boz was trash. She might be the worst female singer at acting. I mean whoa, her acting was painfully noticeable and very cringeworthy.

As for the plot. It's not a bad one. They just had a music video mindset while filming. Just like a music video in the 90's Belly had so many different scenes that looked like a whole different movie. Shit was like watching a Busta Rhymes or Outkast music video.

Example. There were several whole ass movie plots in Belly.

Nas and DMX trying to get money and live large
Nas trying to get out the game and move to Africa?
Knowledge being a boss from prison and being the antagonist to Nas and DMX
Nebraska
DMX turning to God????
The Jamaican drug game

That's like a giant music video where you go from scene to scene and verse to verse with the rappers and singers rapping and singing about shit that's relevant only to the current scene or verse. Not the entirety of the song or movie.

Had they simply picked 2 of those plots and developed them the movie would be highly rated.

For example.

The plot in Belly should be one where Nas and DMX are in a stickup crew and DMX wants to expand their illegal activities to drugs but he's in over his head. Nas is in agreement with DMX about living a larger life but he's not completely sold on expanding their illegal activities to include the drug trade. He has second thoughts and eventually him and DMX clash about it. While trying to expand the drug game DMX looks to the Jamaicans who run the drug game in the Tri-State area but another key connect to the Jamaicans doesn't want DMX and Nas cutting into his money. That's where Knowledge comes into play. He sees that DMX and Nas are trying to push their crew to the top and he knows that this could only mean bad news for him so he makes moves to prevent DMX and Nas from making it further up the ladder. You know a couple of robberies and murders. Shit like that to keep the beef and the plot going. Once the shit starts getting thick and bodies start dropping Nas becomes even more sure that this life ain't for him. With a baby on the way and coming to the realization that he isn't about that life, Nas begins to question their purpose which of course is to the dismay of DMX.

Remove the whole Nebraska angle from the story. Method Man is Knowledge right hand man. So it's Knowledge and Meth vs Nas and DMX for the number 1 spot as the Jamaicans biggest connect for drugs in the Tri-State area. After beefing for months Method Man dies, Knowledge gets locked up, DMX gets locked up, and Nas becomes the number 1 connect for the Jamaicans. The guy who wanted the job the least ends up getting it. And now he's stuck in the game. He's in The Belly.

The End. Give me my Oscar niggas.
tenor (10).gif

Great job Clarence, way to close out the evening.

I consider this movie a classic but I judge movie by how much I like it. I’m not like a studied film critic or anything tho.

Back