Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tipping At A Restaurant

You're supposed to tip for EXCEPTIONAL service, for going above and beyond the expectations for your job. If you just doing regular ass shit, you don't deserve a tip. If I'm a repeat customer, and you remember my favorite drink or a specific appetizer I always order and got it ready as soon as I sit down, that's deserving of a tip. If the wine you recommended paired really well with dinner, you deserve a tip. If the desert you recommeneded really was the best I've ever had, you deserve a tip. But just doing your job??? Nah b.

Back when I worked in car audio, I used to make sure my installers got tipped when they did shit outside the norm or had a particularly hard car to work on. If you had work done at another shop and my installer cleaned it up, you needed to tip him. If he made the shit look nice and neat under the hood, you had to tip him. Anything special, you need to throw them dudes some lunch money. Back then, an 80's Buick Century or Cutlass Ciera was an automatic tip 'cause niggas always got their hands sliced up gettin the old radios out.

Just doing regular ass shit didn't warrant a tip 'cause that's the job they were getting paid for anyways.

ya'll gotta chill if we talking about servers

everybody else, yeah if you get a check for your work shut up.....but servers and bartenders get a tiny little check just say they're on paper

they are not paid for just doing their job...they showed up for them tips

ya'll gotta chill if we talking about servers

everybody else, yeah if you get a check for your work shut up.....but servers and bartenders get a tiny little check just say they're on paper

they are not paid for just doing their job...they showed up for them tips

If I'm at the bar and I ask the barkeep for a good bourbon and the nigga pours me some Jim Beam why am I tipping him?

If I ask my waitress or waiter for a good wine to go with the steak I ordered and they bring back a glass of house chardonnay or zinfandel 'cause that's what they like to drink and not a decent cab sauv ain't no tip to be had 'cause you're a shitty server.

A friend of mine (she a waitress) told me that unfortunately that we (black people) are less generous wit tips than our white counterparts (not including tha jews)

Sometimes when we only want ta tip fa good service nigga s expect the waitress ta stand back by them like they tha only ones in tha diner

Last edited:
If I'm at the bar and I ask the barkeep for a good bourbon and the nigga pours me some Jim Beam why am I tipping him?

If I ask my waitress or waiter for a good wine to go with the steak I ordered and they bring back a glass of house chardonnay or zinfandel 'cause that's what they like to drink and not a decent cab sauv ain't no tip to be had 'cause you're a shitty server.

You're a shitty patron sir

Recommendations are subjective and can always be hit or miss depending on the person

But if they're friendly and get you the right shit in a timely manner, they deserve some flutter

Back