Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should Capital Punishment Be Allowed?

Should Capital Punishment Be Allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters
Idk, I think I need more case studies or something to believe that would work.

https://neuroanthropology.net/2010/05/10/inside-the-mind-of-a-pedophile/

"What Causes Pedophilia?

The etiology of pedophilia can be attributed to both biological and environmental factors. Case studies indicate that cerebral dysfunction may be a contributing or dominant factor of pedophilia (Scott, 1984), including problems with self-control, extreme urges, and cognitive distortions. Many experts also believe that disorders for sexual preferences emerge from childhood experiences during critical periods in human development (DiChristina, 2009). In many cases, child sex abusers suffer from traumatic experiences during their childhood.

More specifically, pedophiles tend to also have been molested as children. As children, they lacked the ability to control the situation. By sexually assaulting children, pedophiles attempt to re-live the trauma they experienced and they learn how to master it. A complete role reversal gives them the upper hand and prevents them from being victimized. Overall, through the impact of cerebral dysfunction and traumatic development, the sexual urges and desires for children can become ingrained within a person’s nervous system.
"

but this article also goes on to state:

"There is significant evidence that indicate structural abnormalities in the brains of pedophiles (Schiffer, 2008). Abnormalities occur when the brain is developing and can be on-set through certain experiences, such as sexual abuse as a child. Abnormalities in the brains of pedophiles may result in compulsion, poor judgment, and repetitive thoughts.

These abnormalities in the brains of pedophiles are caused by early neurodevelopmental perturbations (Schiffer, 2008). The use of functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRIs) and positron emission tomography scans (PET) has revealed that the abnormalities of pedophiles exhibit appear in the frontal and central regions of the brain. In particular, there is a decreased volume of gray brain matter in the central striatum. As a result, the nucleus accumbens, orbital frontal cortex, and the cerebellum are all affected (Schiffer, 2008)
"

So my takeaway from this is that it could be one or the other, depends on the person. For those people that had childhood sexual trauma, therapy is the way to go.

I feel the same way, no one should die except for pedos! Mostly cuz there is no cure for sexual desire. Yes actions can be controlled but sexual desire cannot be changed.

However murder is murder. And life in prison is the most horrid torture a human can endure being caged like an animal.

Murder is murder...

Is all intentional killing murder? That’s not what the dictionary says

Murder is murder...

Is all intentional killing murder? That’s not what the dictionary says
Of course we have different words that supposedly mean different things to remove us of our guilt of the same act.

I’m pretty passionate about this one. Capital punishment is bullshit and I struggle to see how anyone with any sense of humanity and any understanding of our justice system can be in favor of it.

I’m pretty passionate about this one. Capital punishment is bullshit and I struggle to see how anyone with any sense of humanity and any understanding of our justice system can be in favor of it.
So, Dylan Roof should be allowed to live? What about the Aurora, CO movie shooter who got basically 3000 years? The fuck point does THAT prove?

So, Dylan Roof should be allowed to live? What about the Aurora, CO movie shooter who got basically 3000 years? The fuck point does THAT prove?

Since I don’t believe in the death penalty...yes, those people should live.

If them niggas being granted the gift of continued life when they prolly shouldn’t be is the unfortunate side effect of doing away with the death penalty in a country where we all know we can’t rely count on the courts to get it right...then so be it.

We get it wrong too often in this country for me to ever be in favor of the death penalty. If even ONE person has been wrongfully executed, the whole shit needs to be done away with.

And we all know it’s happened before. Numerous times.

Fuck Dylan Roof and all the rest of them shooters, dog. My point ain’t got shit to do with any sort of moral position on their lives being spared. Fuck em. It’s deeper than that.

But if we wanna go a layer deeper, I’m also very uncomfortable with the government telling its citizens ‘Only WE determine when a nigga's life needs to be taken!’.

Last edited:
I've consumed enough true crime shit in my life to see how common it is for detectives/the prosecution to close cases based on pure conjecture and an impressionable jury. And that dont even have to be for murder, it could be assault, theft/robbery, etc.

Fuck a death penalty.

Since I don’t believe in the death penalty...yes, those people should live.

If them niggas being granted the gift of continued life when they prolly shouldn’t be is the unfortunate side effect of doing away with the death penalty in a country where we all know we can’t realizable count on the courts to get it right...then so be it.

We get it wrong too often in this country for me to ever be in favor of the death penalty. If even ONE person has been wrongfully executed, the whole shit needs to be done away with.

And we all know it’s happened before. Numerous times.

Fuck Dylan Roof and all the rest of them shooters, dog. My point ain’t got shit to do with any sort of moral position on their lives being spared. Fuck em. It’s deeper than that.

But if we wanna go a layer deeper, I’m also very uncomfortable with the government telling its citizens ‘Only WE determine when a niggas life needs to be taken!’.
No exceptions even for cases as clear as Roof's?

So what about the people on death row who were later found not guilty? All the brothers on death row. Hey sorry we killed the wrong nigga.

1. No, it gives them a sense of satisfaction that the person is dead, but closure never happens.
2. The death penalty has never deterred anything. If it did, there wouldn't be anyone on death row.
3. While true, most people convicted of a crime that could possibly get one the death penalty have an extremely low recidivism rate anyways so this isn't really a good argument.
4. See #3.
5. So few people are on death row that when they're killed it doesn't alleviate anything. Stop locking people up for non-violent, petty crimes and get them some social services and you'll free up thousands of beds immediately.

Close thread

But if we wanna go a layer deeper, I’m also very uncomfortable with the government telling its citizens ‘Only WE determine when a nigga's life needs to be taken!’.
Then you must be uncomfortable with pretty every government on Earth. They’ve all used the DP at some point, with the ones that have outlawed it only doing so with the last 100 years or so.

And while I agree that people are wrongfully executed, that happens a ton less often then you’d believe.

What needs to happen is a special division of the courts should be created to specifically address Death Row appeals at the state and federal level. Leaving these appeals in the hands of the SCOTUS often allows many last-ditch appeals to go overlooked, as the SCOTUS is making other decisions during the day as well.

This would also cement the process better to: 1) determine the condemned is in fact guilty of both the crimes and special circumstances that warranted a Captial case, and 2) to ensure that these crimes should carry the ultimate punishment.

This would have a better and quicker process to either guarantee that person’s sentence is worthy of death, or if their sentence was too harsh and life without parole is the better option.

I'm ok with the death penalty, but I'd also be cool with raising the bar for who it can be applied to. Like witness testimomy can be unreliable, but can get a conviction. Maybe not give it to those people.

But if you're admitting you did it (Dylan Roof), you're on camera (like that dude in NY recently that shot the guy on the bike), you have the bodies at your house (Dahmer)... I think you should be eligible for the death penalty...we know it was you.

All im saying is if capital punishment is allowed, then life in jail shouldnt be.

A life sentence is fundamentally useless imo

Back