Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should Capital Punishment Be Allowed?

Should Capital Punishment Be Allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters
@Race Jones thinks serial murders should go to jail that has a water bed, jacuzzi and cable with BET, then after a 5 month stint they should be released back to society.

If I knew I could murder a nigga and be sent to a penthouse for 6 months and then released, nigga!!! I'd kill a nigga every chance I got.

Locking someone up for life is silly as hell for me.

Why do you like cruel and inhumane forms of punishment?

Watch the documentary: Inside Death Row with Trevor McDonald. There's a guy in it who killed 2 old ladies when he was 13 while tryna rob them. He was given a 120 year sentence, 0 chance of parole. He rehabilitated himself in conditions where rehabilitation wasn't the goal of his captors, all self guided. Educated himself despite having no chance of applying it in society. Amazing story, made me want to save him with a ring n I was one of those who believe "life sentences with no parole should be the rule of thumb for killings" people.

@Race Jones thinks serial murders should go to jail that has a water bed, jacuzzi and cable with BET, then after a 5 month stint they should be released back to society.

If I knew I could murder a nigga and be sent to a penthouse for 6 months and then released, nigga!!! I'd kill a nigga every chance I got.

Your comprehension skills are below sea level

Watch the documentary: Inside Death Row with Trevor McDonald. There's a guy in it who killed 2 old ladies when he was 13 while tryna rob them. He was given a 120 year sentence, 0 chance of parole. He rehabilitated himself in conditions where rehabilitation wasn't the goal of his captors, all self guided. Educated himself despite having no chance of applying it in society. Amazing story, made me want to save him with a ring n I was one of those who believe "life sentences with no parole should be the rule of thumb for killings" people.

Ok I will definitely check it out. Thanks! I love social/cultural documentaries

Death penalty should be removed. Having said that, laws need to be tougher.

Punishments need to be craftier, steal a pizza lose a finger.

Rape, community service.

Murder, lose your eyes.

Assault, lose your hands.

That's what I do, I'll run for president.

Death penalty should be removed. Having said that, laws need to be tougher.

Punishments need to be craftier, steal a pizza lose a finger.

Rape, community service.

Murder, lose your eyes.

Assault, lose your hands.

That's what I do, I'll run for president.

We all would die under your presidency

Only if its public stonings or hangings...

People need to see death in my opinion to be so quick to rush a person of to it....

The only reason I don't like capitol punishment, cuz I don't like the idea of an unaccountable death...

Regardless of a persons wrongs,, if the decision to kill a person is made some one should carry the burden of taking them out....

It shouldn't be done by the state,, and if it is, then it should be carried out.... Violently..... In front of a fairly large public audience...

We should never have such a disconnect to what death really is....

I don't mind housing for violent offenders such as murderers.
HOUSING THAT DOESN'T RESEMBLE OR OPERATE like the prisons we see today.
Prisons in this country are ran poorly, violate people's human rights, and are an overall failure.
Prisons don't reduce crime.

Violent offenders should be incarcerated and I'm not talking about years and years on end.
They should be incarcerated for a certain amount of time (no longer than 10 years) and the experience should be restorative, informative, and centered around healing.

The reality is prisons do not address our responsibility as a collective to end socioeconomic ills that produce certain behaviors
What perpetuates crime? when we look at street crime we know there is a disproportionate amount of crime being committed by ppl with low access to resources.

Crime and unemployment are interdependent. We have a large portion of society that has created alternatives ways for survival.
Government neglect produces crime as well as other hegemonic systems that work to keep people impoverished.

We have a culture of violence in this country because we foster violence------ this includes sexual violence such as rape.

We also no longer invest in mental health institutions.
Prisons have just become a way for us to not have to deal with the issues plaguing society.

In the words of Angela Davis:
"Prison relieves us of the responsibility of seriously engaging with the problems of our society, especially those produced by racism and, increasingly, global capitalism.ā€
She's right you know. A lot of other countries only send ppl to jail for 10 years for murder.

She's right you know. A lot of other countries only send ppl to jail for 10 years for murder.

Interesting point. Aren't prisons in other countries a lot worse than US' also?

Not necessarily saying the short murder-related sentence-lengths and prison-living conditions are synonymous in these countries...

Interesting point. Aren't prisons in other countries a lot worse than US' also?

Not necessarily saying the short murder-related sentence-lengths and prison-living conditions are synonymous in these countries...
Far as developed countries, US is prob the worst.

Back