Welcome To aBlackWeb

Police shooting in west Philly

Policing is unfair, but what ya'll are saying ain't really true. Cops kill blacks disproportionately, but they kill whites too. I've come to believe that as long as we frame this as a black issue, they're never going to do enough to stop it. A lot of white people are protesting on behalf of black people, and that's good, but let's be real, the people in power are never going to make substantive change until they believe people like them are in jeopardy too. The reality is they are. These fucked up cops are menaces to everyone.

This has to be the wackest take ive read in a while.

the framing of this being a Black issue is right on par with historical contexts. since its inception, american policing has been one of the biggest threats to Black life. not fucking white life.

this is history, this is culture.

sure white ppl get gunned down by police but there are specific cultural, economic and social ties between Black ppl and police

you have 0 clue on what youre talking about and reading your long winded post of nonthingness is making my fucking ass itch.

if you're only way to de-escalate a mental breakdown involving a knife is to shoot the guy 10 times to the back maybe you're pretty shit at youre job, a waste of tax money, and ya need to be fired.

Pretty much, but you'd basically have to fire 90% of the force. At the end of the day, the people that say that the whole system has to be broken down and rebuilt are right.

A lot of countries in the first world don't even allow cops to carry guns, yet here in America cops killing people with guns is normalized.

This has to be the wackest take ive read in a while.

the framing of this being a Black issue is right on par with historical contexts. since its inception, american policing has been one of the biggest threats to Black life. not fucking white life.

this is history, this is culture.

sure white ppl get gunned down by police but there are specific cultural, economic and social ties between Black ppl and police

you have 0 clue on what youre talking about and reading your long winded post of nonthingness is making my fucking ass itch.

Maybe you should try reading before you write your bird brained rants. I specifically said the problem disproportionately hurts blacks. That was never a debate. What I was saying is that we won't see the type of change that we believe should happen until white people feel the heat too. And nothing you say in your stupid nothingburger rants changes that.

I used to hang around 54 st. Five two is no joke over there.

This can spiral really fast.

Facts. People who are trained to deal with knife wielding mental patients exist. They routinely deal with violent mentally ill people. They do this shit all the time. I'm quite sure, today, some mentally ill person at a hospital somewhere lost their shit and ran at someone with a butter knife.

The shit happens. My niece had to be sent to one of those places. They all over the place.

You send two capable people who know how to approach and work with men like that. Life is preserved.

You send cops, somebody getting shot.

That's the issue. Cops aren't trained, taught, or even encouraged to approach people and try to find a solution.

They show up to shoot.

It's really that fucking simple.

Facts. People who are trained to deal with knife wielding mental patients exist. They routinely deal with violent mentally ill people. They do this shit all the time. I'm quite sure, today, some mentally ill person at a hospital somewhere lost their shit and ran at someone with a butter knife.

The shit happens. My niece had to be sent to one of those places. They all over the place.

You send two capable people who know how to approach and work with men like that. Life is preserved.

You send cops, somebody getting shot.

That's the issue. Cops aren't trained, taught, or even encouraged to approach people and try to find a solution.

They show up to shoot.

It's really that fucking simple.

ALL FACTS!!!!!!

I came in to say exactly that.

This is why defunding the police is the right answer. The cops should never have even been there in the first place. With things being the way they are, there is almost NO outcome that is likely to happen once the cops are called besides this nigga dying. Why the fuck is there not some sort of mental health task force or some shit that is trained in de-escalation tactics for violent mentally ill people, deployed with non-lethal weapons and physical training to use just in case shit goes left?

Just found out that the young man was mentally ill. I didn't know that last night. Still the cops are not going to let you run up on them with a weapon. Fucked up situation

Mental illness has nothing to do with anything in the eyes of race soldiers

Making this about mental illness is really trying to find humanity in white supremacists. Trying to find an angle to appeal to them is a waste of time and energy

Mental illness has nothing to do with anything in the eyes of race soldiers

Making this about mental illness is really trying to find humanity in white supremacists. Trying to find an angle to appeal to them is a waste of time and energy

eh... i think ppl are using his mental health as an explaination as to why he had a knife.

Back