Welcome To aBlackWeb

Photography Equipment For Beginners

Copped my first zoom lens (on the right), 24mm-70mm 2.8 to be my all purpose lens to join my 24mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.8. The kit len (on the left) getting retired. It was decent but was trash in lowlight. I probably won’t get much if i try to sell it
View attachment 1111503

I tend to use my 28-80mm joint more than any other lens I have. Kinda did the same and replaced my Canon 35-80 kit joint with better glass. I think at some point I want to cop something that goes out to 400mm. Being out here where there's a fuckton of wildlife I'm finding that my 75-300mm doesn't get me to where I want to be. My S4500 runs all the way out to 720mm and the S4200 hits 576mm, but the glass really ain't that nice so, yeah, I can capture a bird in a tree from a good distance but it looks like ass.

I ended up getting a 24-200mm f/4-6.3 and a 28mm f/2.8

Looking to get portraits and landscapes for an upcoming trip. Was hoping the 200mm would be enough to get some wildlife as well cuz I didnt want to have a massive lens with me. From what yall saying it might get something but it's limited

I ended up getting a 24-200mm f/4-6.3 and a 28mm f/2.8

Looking to get portraits and landscapes for an upcoming trip. Was hoping the 200mm would be enough to get some wildlife as well cuz I didnt want to have a massive lens with me. From what yall saying it might get something but it's limited
My 75-300 f/4-5.6 isn't really that much bigger than my 80-210 f/4.5-5.6 joint. I would wager that a similar 75-300 for your Nikon would be around the same size depending on the manufacturer.

20230620_125845.jpg

100-400mm was the lens I rented for my trip to safari. It’s a beast in terms of image and weight. Currently run for $2500. The only other use I would have outside of wildlife is if I had a kid that played sports and I want to capture them from the bleachers

IMG_9717.png

I definitely bookmarked a compact gimbal I might wanna get at a later date 🤣

Once upon a time I tried to dream up a scenario where I would need a gimbal, but had to just let it go; there's nothing I do that would remotely require it, not even for my cell phone.

I took photography in college

they had us using those nikon cameras, shit was dope

Once upon a time I tried to dream up a scenario where I would need a gimbal, but had to just let it go; there's nothing I do that would remotely require it, not even for my cell phone.

I used to do alot of filming/videography in a former life.. if I choose to go back that shit is on the list to cop lol

Yeah gonna have to sell a couple of joints to knock the price down off that

Yeah I left my old glass at home. i see I can get an adapter to still use them on the new camera.. I might just end up selling them though since they were for my old DSLR and not this mirrorless joint. I may keep one of them primes tho

I used to do alot of filming/videography in a former life.. if I choose to go back that shit is on the list to cop lol

Yeah I left my old glass at home. i see I can get an adapter to still use them on the new camera.. I might just end up selling them though since they were for my old DSLR and not this mirrorless joint. I may keep one of them primes tho

You lose autofocus when you use adapters. That one Nikon Tamron A09 28-75mm macro joint I picked up last year I was using with an adapter and it worked fine but no AF. I gave it to my niece last summer. She was starting a photography class in the fall and my stepfather had given her a pretty nice Nikon body and a couple of lenses to get started so I gave her that one and another Tamron 75-300 telemacro I mistakenly ordered for a Nikon camera.

100-400mm was the lens I rented for my trip to safari. It’s a beast in terms of image and weight. Currently run for $2500. The only other use I would have outside of wildlife is if I had a kid that played sports and I want to capture them from the bleachers

View attachment 1111550
When ever I take my safari trip this is what I'm going to rent. I think the biggest one is a something to 300mm. I used it for my niece graduation and it did good but was needing a little bit more. They were on a football field and we were in the stands 1/4 way up. And I've used that lens about maybe about 5 times. Just didn't do that much long range shooting

Never rented a lens before. Where yall rent them joints from? They let you travel with them like that?

Never rented a lens before. Where yall rent them joints from? They let you travel with them like that?
Haven't rented but talked to the folks about it. But you get rental insurance and you'll be good to go. And they got whatever you need to rent from them

Back