Welcome To aBlackWeb

Photography Equipment For Beginners

Not as you would think. At a glance, some appear to overlap, but a couple of those are tele-macro lenses that I would use for close-up shots at a safe distance where I wouldn't interfere with lighting or whatever it is I'm trying to shoot. Think of getting a shot of a hummingbird on a flower, you don't want to get too close or you scare it off so you want to stay away from it, which means using a zoom lens. Using my 28-75mm tele-macro would give you better detail because it can focus on smaller details that my 28-80mm can't. While not as good as a dedicated macro lens of a given focal length, a tele-macro is good enough to use and considerably cheaper than buying several macro lenses and carrying them around.
Why wouldn’t you use the 75-300mm for the hummingbird and crop?

Why wouldn’t you use the 75-300mm for the hummingbird and crop?

Because I may not need it. The perfect image could be at less than 75mm, which is why the 28-75mm tele-macro would be ideal. If I had to be further away then, yes, use the 75-300 telemacro but not my 75-300mm zoom because the telemacro can focus on smaller details that the regular zoom can't.

Because I may not need it. The perfect image could be at less than 75mm, which is why the 28-75mm tele-macro would be ideal. If I had to be further away then, yes, use the 75-300 telemacro but not my 75-300mm zoom because the telemacro can focus on smaller details that the regular zoom can't.
I’ll take your word for now. Upload a sample shot whenever u get a shot

All the good ones are. The good thing is they outlast the bodies and have good resell value

True regarding resell value. Those G masters lens do get the work done. You have a specific flash for your Mirrorless? I just got the Godox V1-S flash. Joint is fire

True regarding resell value. Those G masters lens do get the work done. You have a specific flash for your Mirrorless? I just got the Godox V1-S flash. Joint is fire
Haven’t got one yet. Was researching for one that was good but not too big. If you have some sample shots I’d be interested to see them

Last edited:
Any of yall familiar with mirrorless joints?

You use it for video or photos?

im looking to use mine for both, preferably something thats good with low light. One of the things I struggled with was grainy photos and videos in lower light a while back.

I still have some Nikon glass I dont want to go to waste. Pretty sure there are adaptors to fit these old school lenses to mirrorless cameras

im looking to use mine for both, preferably something thats good with low light. One of the things I struggled with was grainy photos and videos in lower light a while back.

I still have some Nikon glass I dont want to go to waste. Pretty sure there are adaptors to fit these old school lenses to mirrorless cameras

Honestly, I've been trying to find a reason to go with mirrorless. Can't really find a good reason. My Fujifilm S4300 and S4500 both operate in a manner very similar to mirrorless, where instead of looking through the viewfinder and you're looking at the optical image in front of you, you're looking at the image off the sensor. Unless the visuals through the viewfinder are significantly better than what I see from these bridge cameras, I can't justify going mirrorless... And they likely ARE far better than my bridge cameras, but I came up on SLR cameras and now DSLR, so I'm used to looking at an optical image as opposed to a digital one.

IMO, there's only so much resolution they can cram into a viewfinder's imaging system.

Honestly, I've been trying to find a reason to go with mirrorless. Can't really find a good reason. My Fujifilm S4300 and S4500 both operate in a manner very similar to mirrorless, where instead of looking through the viewfinder and you're looking at the optical image in front of you, you're looking at the image off the sensor. Unless the visuals through the viewfinder are significantly better than what I see from these bridge cameras, I can't justify going mirrorless... And they likely ARE far better than my bridge cameras, but I came up on SLR cameras and now DSLR, so I'm used to looking at an optical image as opposed to a digital one.

IMO, there's only so much resolution they can cram into a viewfinder's imaging system.

fair enough. I know there are some mirrorless joints where you can only look at it on the screen.. theres no viewfinder and I cant fuck with that at all. Still researching and tryna figure out which direction I wanna go in.

All the major manufacturers seem to be putting their energy and money into mirrorless tho

fair enough. I know there are some mirrorless joints where you can only look at it on the screen.. theres no viewfinder and I cant fuck with that at all. Still researching and tryna figure out which direction I wanna go in.

All the major manufacturers seem to be putting their energy and money into mirrorless tho

They really are and it's kind of annoying. They're basically like "fuck y'all and your optics, here's what we doin' now".

I'm probably gonna cop a better, but still used, camera towards the summer. This time it'll be a full frame joint which means some of my lenses won't be compatible (if I even stay with Canon), so there's additional expense there. I have 4 digital cameras at this point, a full frame joint would be all I need unless I decide to go large format, which I don't really see in the cards but you never know.

I had a Nikon D750 and went mirrorless with Sony A7iii.

F37CD542-F855-4BE7-8861-E6663DC4B4C9.jpeg

I had a 24-70mm lens for the Nikon and it was real heavy lugging it around. I went mirrorless to cut back on the bulk and the weight. I use my cam mainly for photo

I prefer evf on the mirrorless as the image I see is what I’m going to get. There are times I would look through the ovf and everything look good and then the actual picture be dark. This is a pro for me along with the less bulk and weight.

I had a Nikon D750 and went mirrorless with Sony A7iii.

View attachment 1039018

I had a 24-70mm lens for the Nikon and it was real heavy lugging it around. I went mirrorless to cut back on the bulk and the weight. I use my cam mainly for photo

I prefer evf on the mirrorless as the image I see is what I’m going to get. There are times I would look through the ovf and everything look good and then the actual picture be dark. This is a pro for me along with the less bulk and weight.

im assuming you were able to use some of your Nikon glass on the Sony joint?

Looking around I think im debating between Nikon and Sony

Ive seen good things about the
Nikon z6 II and the lower model Nikon Z5

That Sony A7S III and the A7 III look good as well but that pricepoint for the 7s III might knock them outa here as an option

Looking around I think im debating between Nikon and Sony

Ive seen good things about the
Nikon z6 II and the lower model Nikon Z5

That Sony A7S III and the A7 III look good as well but that pricepoint for the 7s III might knock them outa here as an option
What about the A7iv?

What about the A7iv?

gonna have to look into that one.

Im liking what im seeing on the Nikon Z6ii and im leaning that way at the moment.

the Z6ii and the A7iii seem pretty comparable but the advantages Sony seems to have is more lens options and the autofocus seems to be a bit better than the nikon.

I gotta check some more comparisons on these joints before I make my decision

Copped my first zoom lens (on the right), 24mm-70mm 2.8 to be my all purpose lens to join my 24mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.8. The kit len (on the left) getting retired. It was decent but was trash in lowlight. I probably won’t get much if i try to sell it
IMG_9716.jpeg

What are you mainly looking to shoot? Portraits? Landscapes? Action?
A lil bit of everything so I don’t have to be carrying around multiple lens. For the landscapes I probably need the 12-24mm but that lens mad expensive or the cheaper 14-24mm. For the action, eventually want to get the 100-400mm. I rented that when I went on my safari trip. I’m hoping for an update but forums say they don’t think that is coming. That lens expensive too

Back