20180813_191346.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 47
  • 20180813_191425.jpg
    20180813_191425.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
  • 20180813_191548.jpg
    20180813_191548.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
I find I take better with my zoom lens. With the prime i feel like it's a lot of moving cause you can't twist the barrel but the ones I've taken with my prime lens are awesome
They're both great depending on how you use them. Prime lenses are great for interview set ups where the subject is still so they remain in focus. Zoom lenses are better for action when you have moving objects. Don't have kit myself but for work I have used the Canon 5D with 16mm wide angle lens and 70 - 200mm zoom lens. Have also used the 50mm for interviews. Would have loved to have developed my shooting skills and at some point down the road I probably will get my own kit.

Also when I did a camera course at work our tutor recommended getting lenses between f1.4 - 1.8. You will find them expensive as fuck but superior.

They're both great depending on how you use them. Prime lenses are great for interview set ups where the subject is still so they remain in focus. Zoom lenses are better for action when you have moving objects. Don't have kit myself but for work I have used the Canon 5D with 16mm wide angle lens and 70 - 200mm zoom lens. Have also used the 50mm for interviews. Would have loved to have developed my shooting skills and at some point down the road I probably will get my own kit.

Also when I did a camera course at work our tutor recommended getting lenses between f1.4 - 1.8. You will find them expensive as fuck but superior.
The one I got was a good amateur/ professional kit. Glad I got it to if I do invest in a bigger/ better camera I'll have all your accessories already

Went to my hometown to see a friend so I shot a little bit while there. I'll try to upload a couple of the good pics later.

I love this camera btw. So much to learn and yet it's still usable for me right away.

What did you get
Went to my hometown to see a friend so I shot a little bit while there. I'll try to upload a couple of the good pics later.

I love this camera btw. So much to learn and yet it's still usable for me right away.

I'm still on a bridge camera. Haven't made the move to full on DSLR yet.

20180624_102512.jpg

I had an SLR back in the early 90's but sold it when my interest drifted. I still have a pair of 35mm point-and-shoot types tho along with my Kodak point-and-shoot digital joint.

Pics I took in Oceanside.

Attachments

• JC2_0162.JPG
    12.5 MB · Views: 37
  • JC2_0198.JPG
    13.4 MB · Views: 33
  • JC2_0222.JPG
    12 MB · Views: 34
  • JC2_0328.JPG
    11.8 MB · Views: 30
  • JC2_0356.JPG
    13.5 MB · Views: 31
Them seals and the seagull are my favorite what were your settings

Rookie mistake #1: Didn't record/remember any of the settings.

I've noticed that auto will take some ok to good pics but to get the really good ones you have to do your own adjustments.

I've noticed that auto will take some ok to good pics but to get the really good ones you have to do your own adjustments.
Yea, auto is too easy. I've been playing with my shit learning how to work it.

I want to know what settings he had for this pic

A few more pics I've taken.

Attachments

• JC2_0025.JPG
    13.4 MB · Views: 26
  • JC2_0056.JPG
    13.6 MB · Views: 27
  • JC2_0425.JPG
    14 MB · Views: 26

Auto does some damn good pictures though and it's not a rookie mistake cause you'll change this and that and this then you'll be like what I just do once you get use to it you'll adjust and keep that setting but you switch to manual and just get to playing with it

Back