Welcome To aBlackWeb

Photography Equipment For Beginners

Mister

Ignorance can be remedied. Stupidity is incurable.
Do we have any photographers here? I want to get into photography and need some suggestions on the camera and equipment I should start with. Any help will be appreciated.

I used to work in a studio. I was one of the best there. I wanted to do it on my own but I can’t focus on shit.

I'm no photographer at all but I'd suggest for a beginner maybe a regular point and shoot to get you started.. you wanna play around with the manual mode and see how it affects the shots you're taking. Get familiar with shutter speed, aperture, etc.

After you get more familiar with the fundamentals, you can step it up to maybe a DSLR or a mirrorless camera with interchangeable lenses for more advanced stuff depending on your budget.

Havent copped a camera/lens in a good while so I won't be much help on make/model. I do own a Nikon D7000 tho.

Most DSLRs or mirrorless joints have video capabilities as well.. If that's something you're also interested in, make sure you do your due diligence and research to ensure whatever you go with has the features ur looking for.

I'm no photographer at all but I'd suggest for a beginner maybe a regular point and shoot to get you started.. you wanna play around with the manual mode and see how it affects the shots you're taking. Get familiar with shutter speed, aperture, etc.

After you get more familiar with the fundamentals, you can step it up to maybe a DSLR or a mirrorless camera with interchangeable lenses for more advanced stuff depending on your budget.

Havent copped a camera/lens in a good while so I won't be much help on make/model. I do own a Nikon D7000 tho.

Most DSLRs or mirrorless joints have video capabilities as well.. If that's something you're also interested in, make sure you do your due diligence and research to ensure whatever you go with has the features ur looking for.

Thank you, sir.

@Inori thanks for the info. I think I'm going to go with the Nikon D5600. Found a pretty good deal on one at the exchange too.

What kinda lens you getting with it @Jonah ?

Kit includes the compact, lightweight and versatile 24.3 megapixels AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens, featuring VR image stabilization for sharp photos and video. The kit also includes the AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED lens, which picks up where the 18-55mm lens leaves off, to bring faraway subjects into close focus. Camera features include SnapBridge for seamless transferring, sharing and remote camera control from your smart phone, a 3.2-in. vari-angle touch LCD monitor, advanced 39-point Auto Focus system for quick focus where and when you want it and Full HD 1080p at 60p video capability with built-in stereo sound.

https://www.shopmyexchange.com/nikon-d5600-24-3mp-digital-slr-body-with-2-lens-bundle/8403234

sounds good bruh! Once you get the hang of things.. be sure to check out some prime lenses. I like my zoom lenses but I prefer primes.

Just now seeing this thread. I got into photography bout 3 years ago. Purchased kit like what he posted above. Mine is a nikon d5500 came with 2 lens 18-55, 55-300,2 batteries a bag and a DVD to teach you the basics that bad boy take pics better than any phone. But this is a hobby and a side gig. As I've done birthday parties family portraits and even clothes for boutiques.

But once I purchased the kit I went ham and that shit is expensive. Purchased a tripod, the nikon microphone, a 35mm,55mm prime lens and the clear uv filter to protect the actual lens a bigger bag and the speedlight. And thinking about adding a wide angle lens.

You should try your community schools they should offer online photography courses but do them one at time if you have a busy life I did 2 of em didn't work out for me so I'm gone take em again. Plus they only a 100$

sounds good bruh! Once you get the hang of things.. be sure to check out some prime lenses. I like my zoom lenses but I prefer primes.

I find I take better with my zoom lens. With the prime i feel like it's a lot of moving cause you can't twist the barrel but the ones I've taken with my prime lens are awesome

Back