Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Pepperman’s decision to leave WWE for AEW has been linked to her close relationship with the former Sasha Banks, who is expected to debut for AEW on March 13 at Big Business under her current ring name, Mercedes Moné.

So, what exactly does a Vice President of Content Development do in AEW besides work closely with Mercedes? According to this week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter, here’s how Pepperman fits into the AEW creative process:
Won’t help when it comes time to get in the ring and someone drops her on her face and make her look like the logo for mtv’s Ridiculousness

I don’t hate or love Becky, she’s just meh.

I want to see Jade v Rhea. She’s the only real threat to her. Too bad they aren’t building that up.
Got to see how Jade works in a ring first in WWE. I honestly would like to see Jade vs Bianca or Jade vs Charlotte first.

Bronson Reed was not WWE Elimination Chamber, and was not in Australia for the show.

This was not the original plan.

Reed tweeted this morning that his wife gave birth to their child early, although that wasn't the original reason he was off the show, as he'd indicated on twitter recently.

Fightful Select has learned that Bronson Reed was slated for a huge spot on the Elimination Chamber show in his home country. Originally, Reed was scheduled to face Seth Rollins in a World Heavyweight Championship match, hinted at in promos where he said he was coming after a champion that had no idea it was coming.

Unfortunately, plans for the match were canceled when Rollins sustained a knee injury, and wasn’t able to perform on the show.

We’re told that Reed was more than willing to work the event ahead of the birth of his child, but everything ended up working out for the best

Back