Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Adesanya is the UFC middleweight king and thought he would beat Jon Jones at HW. Then he faced a real LW in Jan and had his first loss.

Canelo had his eyes on Usyk, dawg….respect to both for daring to be great but their opponents are grown men in their prime too. You gotta respect the food chain.

I dont watch or know much about UFC but I think all the Usyk talk was just to build hype... Like surely he knows he couldnt fight a BIG cruiser who is currently a unified heavyweight champ haha he must had sparred big guys in the gym before and known he wouldnt land a glove on Usyk... Makabu is only 6'0 and getting on in age so thats a viable cruiserweight fight but I cant see him fighting anyone else at the weight...

The win over Kovalev at Light Heavy was impressive but lets be real, it was a pretty washed Kovalev...

Recent history shows us the fighters that do best fighting at weights they have no business fighting at are quick/tech boxers, Loma, Manny, RJJ, Haye, Toney etc trying to out tough fighters so much bigger is alot tougher...

I dont watch or know much about UFC but I think all the Usyk talk was just to build hype... Like surely he knows he couldnt fight a BIG cruiser who is currently a unified heavyweight champ haha he must had sparred big guys in the gym before and known he wouldnt land a glove on Usyk... Makabu is only 6'0 and getting on in age so thats a viable cruiserweight fight but I cant see him fighting anyone else at the weight...

The win over Kovalev at Light Heavy was impressive but lets be real, it was a pretty washed Kovalev...

Recent history shows us the fighters that do best fighting at weights they have no business fighting at are quick/tech boxers, Loma, Manny, RJJ, Haye, Toney etc trying to out tough fighters so much bigger is alot tougher...
Yeah, the Kovalez fight didn’t tell the full story. But if went and KO’d Bivol within 9-10, i don’t know if he would have stopped here. He aimed so high, the payoff would have been great. Maybe the Usyk talk were to hype the fight but he thought Bivol just won 4 rounds. For right and wrong reasons, fighters are delusional lol

Yeah, the Kovalez fight didn’t tell the full story. But if went and KO’d Bivol within 9-10, i don’t know if he would have stopped here. He aimed so high, the payoff would have been great. Maybe the Usyk talk were to hype the fight but he thought Bivol just won 4 rounds. For right and wrong reasons, fighters are delusional lol

Yeah I think elite fighters (or elite athletes in general) have to be somewhat delusional to make it to the top haha

Back