Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Now we wait for Floyd s IG post
The way people on Twitter keep bringing up Floyd in relation to Canelo i hope he's at his most annoying. I even saw a tweet that said Canelo's defeat means he's surpassed Floyd. Wtf
Again, that is why u have weight classes
A few of us in here said this was on the cards and it was precisely for this reason. Props to Canelo for testing himself but i feel he's been gassed up to the point he believes he can do anything and his advisors should have told him this is too far. Beating the shell of Kovalev doesn't mean that this is the weight class for you

Canelo defo lost, not as bad as Chris Mannix and DAZN team were making out though... I think Jacobs actually saw the fight better than the rest of the DAZN team... Canelo prolly had 4 rounds but I didnt actually score it, think Mannix gave Canelo 2 rounds???

Canelo's patience pays off against the smaller guys but he cant fight like that with these Light Heavies... Hes always looked limited but more often than not found a counter or an opening because of his timing...

All the extra weight (and frustration) looked to of gassed him though and took the snap and timing out his punches, plus when he did land, which wasnt often, they didnt do anywhere near the same kind of damaged... Im not sure why he abandoned his jab or body punching either...

Still, Bivol's game plan and tactics were excellent, hes great at gauging space and didnt get carried away with his successes either... Thank fck the judges couldnt rob him, would had been terrible for boxing...

Nothing for Canelo to be embarrassed about though, wish more fighters took risks and back themselves...

Last edited:
This wasn’t close at all to me. I called the fight at the end of the first round when I saw Canelo breathing heavy through his mouth in the corner. That is very much unlike Canelo and was telling.

Canelo managed to maintain his usual aggression—bringing the fight to Bivol—and although Bivol spent most of the fight backing up he still kept within jabs reach and remained in the pocket. Typically fighters feel Canelo’s power early and spend the rest of the night outside the pocket.

Bivol got caught with a few of Saul’s best and didn’t flinch not once. He wasn’t hurt at all.

A very impressive showing.

All in all this shows a few things you should already know one else is beating Canelo..outside of triple GGG and Beterbieve because he has freakish power and can fight just how Bivol does if he chooses.
Canelos chin is ridiculous, his defense is great...Bivol is not to be fucked with.. he is surgical

Beterbiev fight will happen soon

Back