Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bruh Canelo simply got out boxed, it had nothing to do with weight class… When he moved up to the same weight (175) and wupped Kovalev he was praised and hailed as the face of boxing, but when he get his ass wupped at the same weight it’s “he moved out of his sandbox” or when Floyd wupped his ass for 12 rounds straight, at a catch weight of 152 (that Canelo asked for by the way) they say Canelo was weight drained or too young…

He’s a slightly above average boxer with a lot of power, but it’s true he does avoid slick fighters and pure boxers cause they give him a hard time…
Talk to these crybabies, I personally wouldn’t waste my time😁

Bruh Canelo simply got out boxed, it had nothing to do with weight class… When he moved up to the same weight (175) and wupped Kovalev he was praised and hailed as the face of boxing, but when he get his ass wupped at the same weight it’s “he moved out of his sandbox” or when Floyd wupped his ass for 12 rounds straight, at a catch weight of 152 (that Canelo asked for by the way) they say Canelo was weight drained or too young…

He’s a slightly above average boxer with a lot of power, but it’s true he does avoid slick fighters and pure boxers cause they give him a hard time…

The bold is why weight matters. The bigger and stronger your opponents, the less effective that power is. No one's saying he can't beat anybody at 175, but fights where he might have gotten bailed out by his power at a lower weight class won't be as likely to play out that way at a higher weight class. Not to mention that the bigger guys hit harder. Bivol was able to keep that constant pressure. He didn't just outbox Canelo. He bullied him.

He bullied him
See the source image

The bold is why weight matters. The bigger and stronger your opponents, the less effective that power is. No one's saying he can't beat anybody at 175, but fights where he might have gotten bailed out by his power at a lower weight class won't be as likely to play out that way at a higher weight class. Not to mention that the bigger guys hit harder. Bivol was able to keep that constant pressure. He didn't just outbox Canelo. He bullied him.
I’ll just put this here…

Canelo undisputed champion at 168, nigga moved up 7 pounds (175) and got washed! They act like he jumped 3 weight classes…

View attachment 836358

I’ll just put this here…

With the weigh cutting fighters do, it's not as simple as 7 lbs. Even if it was just a 7 lbs difference, that can matter. Every fighter has a ceiling, and Canelo isn't the first fighter to be great in one class and get humbled in the very next class up.

With the weigh cutting fighters do, it's not as simple as 7 lbs. Even if it was just a 7 lbs difference, that can matter. Every fighter has a ceiling, and Canelo isn't the first fighter to be great in one class and get humbled in the very next class up.
Was Canelo’s weight a factor when he ko’d Sergei Kovalev at the same weight (175) ??

Bro you’re smarter than this, just accept the fact that Canelo got out boxed.. Nothing more, nothing less…

Was Canelo’s weight a factor when he ko’d Sergei Kovalev at the same weight (175) ??

Bro you’re smarter than this, just accept the fact that Canelo got out boxed.. Nothing more, nothing less…

Yes Canelo got outboxed. I've never said anything different, but he's been outboxed at lower weights too. The difference is that at lower weights, he had his power to save him. At the end of the day, if he moves up, he'll have a greater chance of facing matchups where his power isn't as effective as it was at the lower weight. That's a fact. Bivol proved it. People say Canelo is a mediocre boxer. He's got 61 pro fights. Surely you don't believe he was the better boxer in all his fights except Mayweather and Bivol. If you believe there's are other superior boxers that he beat, then you have to admit that boxing ability alone isn't what decided those fights.

Mike giving his take on the fight.

Two things

1) It's crazy how sharp Mike's punches are at this stage in his life.

2) It's funny to hear him push for the use of the jab when he probably threw more jabs in this video than his whole career. lol He's right though.

I would watch Mike Tyson “post fight” breakdowns and commentary… Shit would be DOPE!

Ive criticised Canelo alot over the years, his cherry picking, catchweights, dubious tainted meat etc but he didnt just jump up from 168 to 175, hes always pushed the divisions... He started off at Super Lightweight (albeit he was a teenager) and spent most of his career at Super Welter or at catchweights around middleweight...

The reality though hes gone up 5 divisions, 4 since being a champ in recent times ... So light heavy is a major step up in size, from fighting 5'7/5'8 guys (like himself) around 10stone/140ib to 6'0 plus guys weighing around 13stone/175ib... Thats massive, how many 5'7 light heavies around??? The smallest is Beterbiev who is 5'11 1/2 (he looks 6'0 to me though)...

Kovalev was pretty washed when Canelo fought him (cherry picked) plus Canelo was either down or even on the cards at the time of the KO...

Mike giving his take on the fight.

Two things

1) It's crazy how sharp Mike's punches are at this stage in his life.

2) It's funny to hear him push for the use of the jab when he probably threw more jabs in this video than his whole career. lol He's right though.

Mikes double, triple jabs to get inside were a thing of beauty though... I could listen to him talk boxing for hours, a historic fight podcast would be dope just by seeing this (starts abut 2mins in)...

Back