Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's why I fucks with Dmorgan, we done been on opposite sides of discussions multiple times, but it never got disrespectful cuz it's literally immature to attack a person cuz you disagree.

Both of us are vicious on the clap back, but neither one of us are ever the ones to be disrespectful first.... Which is why we've never argued on here..... Like ever, lol

I never felt like we were arguing just discussing different points. Especially since I never denied the racial aspect of what some black fighters go through. I just don't like that Andrade and Charlo move like there isn't any other good fights competition wise and money wise for them outside of Canelo.

I'll be honest a loss hurts Andrade the most because he's the least popular liked out of Charlo & Canelo. Charlo could easily come back from a loss just like his brother did with the Tony Harrison loss. I don't really look at it as they are eliminating each other but at the sametime that is what you're supposed to do your competition in sports and some other walks of life. I say that because in boxing the loser of a fight who doesn't have a lot of leverage can always work themselves back in contention. So I see as the winner is just going to be the first one who gets the fight. While the loser will have to do more work to get themselves back into that positon.

My biggest thing is I don't like the fact that Andrade and Charlo as basically making it look like they are letting Canelo hold their careers hostage. Yes both should call out Canelo every chance they get but they should also be calling out each other because they both are top boxers within fighting range of each other. In order for either of them to call themselves the best they going to have to fight each other.

Let's go back in the day. Sugar Ray Leonard was the top guy in the era of Hearns, Haglar and Duran. They called Leonard, Hagler, Hearns and Duran the 4 kings. They got that name because they all fought each. They all took losses and they all still fighting the best they could.

Yes it's fucked up what Canelo is doing. If you being honest you know my previous posts never denied that or went against you saying that. My whole point is ok Canelo ducking what is Charlo and Andrade next best move and IMO in terms of money and competition it would be to fight each other. I don't see what is wrong with saying that regardless of what Canelo is doing.

One person (Canelo) shouldn't stop their (Andrade & Charlo) show.

Since you know Canelo is ducking. In your opinion what is Charlo and Andrade next best move to make the most money and fight the best competition?

Yeah when I say argue, I mean have a discussion. I don’t literally mean a vitriolic back-and-forth about my opinion versus yours. However I do see it as them eliminating each other. That’s why Saul can say, why don’t they all face one another and then I face the winner. It’s because he knows in his spirit, there’s only but so long he can keep writing off the argument and idea of him not facing any of those guys that you can name. You can’t sit back and say OK I’m gonna face Dimitri and then maybe GGG, and ignore all of those guys. He’s been doing so for the past few years.

These folks know they’re not in The business of wanting to fight these slick and explosive black fighters. They’re just not. So it would push them behind the line for Canelo fight. They’re better off just doing what Saul does, facing people who are hovering around.

Yeah when I say argue, I mean have a discussion. I don’t literally mean a vitriolic back-and-forth about my opinion versus yours. However I do see it as them eliminating each other. That’s why Saul can say, why don’t they all face one another and then I face the winner. It’s because he knows in his spirit, there’s only but so long he can keep writing off the argument and idea of him not facing any of those guys that you can name. You can’t sit back and say OK I’m gonna face Dimitri and then maybe GGG, and ignore all of those guys. He’s been doing so for the past few years.

These folks know they’re not in The business of wanting to fight these slick and explosive black fighters. They’re just not. So it would push them behind the line for Canelo fight. They’re better off just doing what Saul does, facing people who are hovering around.

You can see it that way. I understand the thoughts those who see it that way. I'm just saying because it's boxing even the loser has a chance to work their way back up to a level of fighting the biggest and best fights even after a loss. That is why I don't see it as an elimination. To me it's more of a temporary set back if they willing to put in the work to get back into title contention. That's why I brought Lubin. Lubin was KO'ed in the first rd by Charlo. Charlo is saying since he already beat Lubin he doesn't want to fight him again. Lubin is taking every fight he can with all the best opponents and beating them so now. Even though Charlo already beat Lubin. Lubin has now beat just about any and everybody Charlo could fight instead of fighting him. The fans who really into boxing know that so when Charlo says he doesn't want to fight Lubin. The fans like he just beat the dude you want to fight so we not really trying to support you fighting too many fights outside of Lubin. That's why to me its not an elimination because a loss is not the be all end all to a fighter getting back in the big fight, big money picture.

The other point where we disagree. They're not as popular as Canelo and let's be honest black people don't support Andrade or Charlo the way mexicans & white people support Canelo so they don't have option to do what Canelo does without facing a harsh level of criticism that Canelo doesn't get. It's not fair but life ain't fair. We can point out how unfair it is all day that still doesn't mean that Charlo and Andrade need to do something different to get where they want to be. Look at where doing what in your opinion what Canelo is doing has got them. It has both of them on the outside looking in for a whole year. You really think them continuing the way they are is going to get them that fight with Canelo?

Andrade, Charlo, Bivol, Bertebiev, Benavidez, GGG all want to fight Canelo. Ask 10 different people who they feel the consensus #1 person Canelo should face out of that group is you'll get a bunch of different answer. My point with that is if some of those fighters fought each other it would actually put pressure on Canelo to fight them. In my opinion the more options Canelo has to pick and choose who he fights without anyone really separating themselves from the pack then he doesn't really look like he ducking fighters.

Spence and Crawford are the clear best people at 147. That is why nobody cares about any other fight at 147 besides that one. It's clear as day that they are best. That is this era's Leonard vs Hearns.

When it comes to Canelo to me the picture isn't clear because they all waiting for that phone call instead making it clear in the ring who Canelo HAS to fight because it's clear said person is the best of the rest.

Let me add I think some of Canelo ppv sales numbers are inflated. To me ain't no way in hell Canelo vs Plant did 800,000 or a little over. That's complete bullshit. It's done to keep him the face of boxing for business reasons.

Last edited:
That's why I fucks with Dmorgan, we done been on opposite sides of discussions multiple times, but it never got disrespectful cuz it's literally immature to attack a person cuz you disagree.

Both of us are vicious on the clap back, but neither one of us are ever the ones to be disrespectful first.... Which is why we've never argued on here..... Like ever, lol

Appreciate it!!

I'm here for the discussion but the disrespect I ain't here for and being the person I am. Being disrespectful over the internet is just doesn't sit right with me. If I'm disrespectful it's either because I didn't know I was being that way or I did or said something disrespectful on purpose and really want it to go somewhere else which is why I disrespectful on purpose. LOL

You can see it that way. I understand the thoughts those who see it that way. I'm just saying because it's boxing even the loser has a chance to work their way back up to a level of fighting the biggest and best fights even after a loss. That is why I don't see it as an elimination. To me it's more of a temporary set back if they willing to put in the work to get back into title contention. That's why I brought Lubin. Lubin was KO'ed in the first rd by Charlo. Charlo is saying since he already beat Lubin he doesn't want to fight him again. Lubin is taking every fight he can with all the best opponents and beating them so now. Even though Charlo already beat Lubin. Lubin has now beat just about any and everybody Charlo could fight instead of fighting him. The fans who really into boxing know that so when Charlo says he doesn't want to fight Lubin. The fans like he just beat the dude you want to fight so we not really trying to support you fighting too many fights outside of Lubin. That's why to me its not an elimination because a loss is not the be all end all to a fighter getting back in the big fight, big money picture.

The other point where we disagree. They're not as popular as Canelo and let's be honest black people don't support Andrade or Charlo the way mexicans & white people support Canelo so they don't have option to do what Canelo does without facing a harsh level of criticism that Canelo doesn't get. It's not fair but life ain't fair. We can point out how unfair it is all day that still doesn't mean that Charlo and Andrade need to do something different to get where they want to be. Look at where doing what in your opinion what Canelo is doing has got them. It has both of them on the outside looking in for a whole year. You really think them continuing the way they are is going to get them that fight with Canelo?

Andrade, Charlo, Bivol, Bertebiev, Benavidez, GGG all want to fight Canelo. Ask 10 different people who they feel the consensus #1 person Canelo should face out of that group is you'll get a bunch of different answer. My point with that is if some of those fighters fought each other it would actually put pressure on Canelo to fight them. In my opinion the more options Canelo has to pick and choose who he fights without anyone really separating themselves from the pack then he doesn't really look like he ducking fighters.

Spence and Crawford are the clear best people at 147. That is why nobody cares about any other fight at 147 besides that one. It's clear as day that they are best. That is this era's Leonard vs Hearns.

When it comes to Canelo to me the picture isn't clear because they all waiting for that phone call instead making it clear in the ring who Canelo HAS to fight because it's clear said person is the best of the rest.

Let me add I think some of Canelo ppv sales numbers are inflated. To me ain't no way in hell Canelo vs Plant did 800,000 or a little over. That's complete bullshit. It's done to keep him the face of boxing for business reasons.

Yeah but I don’t wanna suspend Andrade and what he does, by making that argument of Andrade being just another black athlete. There are so many great black athletes in America. Do you think that black folks have time to support all of them? You would have to say how many black athletes we have that are famous and then from there? Think about where Andre would probably rank. He probably doesn’t even rank in the top 5000. That might be saying a lot, but still. You have guys like LeBron, Stephen Curry, Giannis, KD, Odell, Aaron. So of course Mexicans will support him.

Like look at Floyd, from 1996-2006 he was putting in a lot of work and didn’t get top billing until 2007. There was so many more popular black athletes at the time. He probably wasn’t even top 10 most popular black athlete in boxing. Roy, mike, Bernard, Lennox….

Yeah but I don’t wanna suspend Andrade and what he does, by making that argument of Andrade being just another black athlete. There are so many great black athletes in America. Do you think that black folks have time to support all of them? You would have to say how many black athletes we have that are famous and then from there? Think about where Andre would probably rank. He probably doesn’t even rank in the top 5000. That might be saying a lot, but still. You have guys like LeBron, Stephen Curry, Giannis, KD, Odell, Aaron. So of course Mexicans will support him.

Like look at Floyd, from 1996-2006 he was putting in a lot of work and didn’t get top billing until 2007. There was so many more popular black athletes at the time. He probably wasn’t even top 10 most popular black athlete in boxing. Roy, mike, Bernard, Lennox….

Time to support yes, but no athlete has universal support. Not really understanding your point. Famous and known are 2 very different things. Majority of athletes will never be famous and being famous ain't the point about getting support. All those names you listed have separated themselves from the pack to get that support. They are all considered the best of the best. The biggest point of it all is that they all proved themselves on court and the field against the best in their respective sports.

You making my point for me with what you said about Floyd. Floyd put in the work and separated himself from the pack and got the top billing. He put in the work and the work paid off. These dudes ain't putting in the work and it's clearly showing in the positions they are finding themselves in. Floyd was calling for the De la Hoya fight years before he got it in 2007. Now do you honestly think that Floyd would have gotten the De la Hoya fight, the support or top billing after winning the fight if he didn't put in all that work before that point? My answer is no. People don't get wide spread support and top billing by just being middle of the road and not separating themselves from the other people in their sport making the same claim as they are. That is the huge difference in what Floyd and all the other names you listed did and exactly what Andrade and Charlo are not doing.

What I mean by support is when let's say a fight between Andrade vs Charlo is put together. Black boxing fans should heavily support that fight because its a high quality fight. Neither of them is going to get wide scale support fighting people nobody has ever heard of or 3 weeks before the fight the opponent is still TBA. Also neither of them have the name recognition to only be fighting once a year.

Back