Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

test
You’re definitely from the UK

40 fights, trash fundamentals, everybody still got hit with that right

One man who made it through Bermane Stiverne. I watched him walk through hell against Arreola. Just walked through shots I never seen an Arreola opponent just walk thru

Anthony Joshua won his title against Charles Martin. Joseph Parker sat and watched Wilder fight, and said nah. Which was smart business, I’ll admit, he still didn’t want it

Tony Bellew said he stood next to Wilder and decided he wasn’t fighting him

If it’s so easy and he’s so trash, you’d think they’d be more anxious to prove it

Surely he brings more to the table than Carlos Takam

Lmaoo letting the devil Eddie Hearn manipulate the people over there. There was a Bob Arum long before he come though so we’ve seen this.

They don’t want the fight yet which is cool but just like Keith Thurman, just say it and we can back off. Tell us when you want it. Just like what Canelo did, my this is always, don’t hold the belts hostage.

I think we’re going to get it in 2019. Ideally, they’re probably hoping Fury can be ready by years end

You’re acting like you were stilling next to these fighters and they told you their plans lol

This had nothing do with UK or US, Im not being biased and Im in no way shape of form a fan of Eddie or Matchroom, I prefer their main British competitor if Im honnest... But in this instance I believe Eddie is actually talking sense, regarding Wilder...

Ive been critical of Joshua in the past (the heart he displayed against wlad made me a fan) but at least he's fought Dillian Whyte (who i wanted to win) who was unbeaten and is still a live opponent now (who wilder wont fight for an apparent career high pay day of 5mill, even though Whyte is now mando), he fought Wlad, then Parker (unbeaten champ), Takam was at a weeks notice… And Joshua has only been a pro for what, 4 years??? With off the top I think only 2-3 years of amateur experience... Wilder was a pro when Joshua was still an amateur I believe...

Anyways, Wilder has the equaliser in power and I think his jab has improved too, but seriously other than Ortiz (who is as old as dust) who has he actually beat??? That last Stivern fight was a total embarrassment, especially when he tried to posture on it considering the state Stivern was in coming into the fight, he hadnt fought in what TWO YEARS??? I think Wilder was also behind against Szpilka etc but he still has serious power to iron most people out, which I agree with… And for that reason he MAY actually beat Joshua...

And youre actually telling me you think Wilder has good fundamentals!?! Seriously??? lol He is the worst finisher Ive seen in YEARS, maybe the worst finisher in the history of any world champion... Daum near every stoppage ends with him tripping over his feet, windmilling and falling through the ropes lol

And you really bringing Tony Bellew into this??? He is CRUISERWEIGHT breda, who moved up from LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT, he is not a real heavyweight, he admitted he cant operate like a conventional heavyweight and that he cant fight the big guys because hes so much smaller, hes only fighting Haye because Haye was a cruiserweight who moved up to become a small heavyweight, and on the night when fight they will probably both be cruiserweights...

Parker prolly choose to fight Joshua because he would rather fight for like 15mil-20mil in front of 80,000 instead of something like 2mil and in front 7,000 people, no brainer…

Last edited:
Wilders's fundamentals are fkcn terrible, he wont be able to rush in and windmill against Joshua... Wilder beat 100 year old Ortiz, his ONE good win in FORTY fights... But I give him credit for that that one win, he actually looked decent but even the finishing was embarrassing the way he bundled in falling everywhere, and he was still nearly KTFO too...

Joshua's footwork is better, his technique is better, his straight shots are better, his bent arm shots are better, but they BOTH have questionable chins... Wilder has a good chance of detonating a shot on Joshua's chin, but theres not even a question who is the better boxer out the two... I could see AJ winning the whole then losing by getting hit by one shot...

And for the record, I think Wilder would of looked just as average against Parker as AJ did, Parker is a nightmare to look good against the way he is always on the backfoot, elusive and doesnt commit and has great balance... The thing is, you know Wilder and both AJ will come forward and fight...

I just wanna see the fight made at this point...

I think you just don't like Wilder man. I can say with almost 100% certainty that if Joshua fought the Ortiz that Wilder just foght, he was dropping at least once.

Klitschko is three years older than Ortiz. And Imo, Ortiz is the most fundamentally sound heavyweight boxer. Plus he's a southpaw with knockout power in both hands. The fact that he couldn't stop Wilder or even put him down says something about Wilders chin and heart.

I'm picking Wilder when they do fight.

I think you just don't like Wilder man. I can say with almost 100% certainty that if Joshua fought the Ortiz that Wilder just foght, he was dropping at least once.

Klitschko is three years older than Ortiz. And Imo, Ortiz is the most fundamentally sound heavyweight boxer. Plus he's a southpaw with knockout power in both hands. The fact that he couldn't stop Wilder or even put him down says something about Wilders chin and heart.

I'm picking Wilder when they do fight.

Why do you pick Wilder to beat Joshua???

Also its common knowledge that Ortiz is prolly older then his official age of 39, I think he sparred with Lennox Lewis back in the day and I read somewhere that Ortiz said he saw Ali fight on TV as kid... Its besides the point though he was a dangerous fighter and its a good win for Wilder, no doubt... Had Ortiz been few years younger though I think he would of prolly got Wilder out of there when he had him hurt... Is a shame he was avoided for so long, its like they saw his underwhelming fights in the UK and thought he got old...

And I dont dislike Wilder at all, I think his trash talking and charisma is great for the sport, but look at what I said... Do you think Wilder is really a technically good fighter??? Seriously???

His reach and massive punch makes him dangerous, so I still put him and Joshua as a close fight... Who ever lands the bomb first wins imo...

Last edited:
Joshua is a has great form and size. I just don't think he likes getting hit. And Wilder is gonna try and knock his head off. I feel like whoever uses the jab the best will probably win.

I'm just leaning towards Wilder because I don't think Joshua is going to box as effectively as Ortiz just did and we all saw what happened.

And i actually picked Ortiz to beat Wilder, which he came very close to doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-fight-against-breazeale-possible-if-joshua-next--126786

Wilder: Fight Against Breazeale Possible If Joshua Isn't Next
By Keith Idec

If Deontay Wilder can’t land a shot to knock out Anthony Joshua, he might settle for a fight against an opponent Joshua has knocked out.

Wilder told BoxingScene.com that if Joshua won’t face him in their highly anticipated heavyweight title unification fight next, Dominic Breazeale is a possible opponent. Battling Breazeale would be “very personal” for Wilder due to an incident between him and Breazeale 13 months ago that led to Breazeale filing a lawsuit against Wilder.

Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs) and Breazeale (19-1, 17 KOs) got into an altercation in the lobby of a Birmingham hotel after Wilder’s fifth-round stoppage of Gerald Washington in February 2017. Their beef began inside nearby Legacy Arena, where Wilder’s younger brother, Marsellos Wilder, and Breazeale exchanged words during and after Wilder’s win against Washington.

“Breazeale could be a possibility to fight next,” Wilder said. “We definitely have unfinished business. I wanna hurt him really, really, really, really, really, really bad. That is something that we’re gonna be putting on the table, along with a lot of other things as well. We’ll see what happens. We’ve still got a lot of choices to choose from.

“It might not be what people will wanna see, but this is boxing and certain things happen. We can only do what we can do. When people don’t wanna fight, then we have to move on. And when Joshua’s ready to fight, then we’ll make the fight happen.”

Wilder can make a voluntary defense of his WBC championship next because the Tuscaloosa, Alabama, native made a mandatory defense by knocking out Bermane Stiverne in the first round of their rematch November 4 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. The 6-feet-7, 255-pound Breazeale, of Eastvale, California, is ranked No. 2 by the WBC and has lost only to Joshua, who stopped Breazeale in the seventh round of their June 2016 bout in London.

England’s Dillian Whyte (23-1, 17 KOs) is the WBC’s No. 1 heavyweight contender. The Mexico City-based sanctioning organization hasn’t declared Whyte the mandatory challenger for Wilder’s title, though, which means Wilder isn’t obligated to fight Whyte at this point.

Beyond Breazeale, Wilder also mentioned Adam Kownacki as a possible opponent for his next fight. The Polish-born, Brooklyn-based Kownacki (17-0, 14 KOs) is ranked No. 9 by the WBC.

Joshua is a has great form and size. I just don't think he likes getting hit. And Wilder is gonna try and knock his head off. I feel like whoever uses the jab the best will probably win.

I'm just leaning towards Wilder because I don't think Joshua is going to box as effectively as Ortiz just did and we all saw what happened.

And i actually picked Ortiz to beat Wilder, which he came very close to doing.

I dont think it will come down to the jab tbh, if it is Joshua should win that all day, they might stand around for a round flicking it out but I think Joshua is better schooled even though hes had almost half the fights, I believe Wilder will make it a shootout eventually... I think they will end up inside and when they are I cant see Wilder being able to land his winging shots, I think Joshua will throw the short uppercut or hook when Wilder is in 'no mans land' i.e neither in close enough to hold (which i think he is poor at anyway) or out of range to be safe... I think if Wilder wins it will be with a straight right cross, its a tough fight to call, but I think Joshua has learned alot from his last couple fights...

Last edited:
Inside upper cuts that joshua throws and wilder being off balanced and down right spastic sometimes should make for an interesting union..None of these cats are monsters..

Wilder is the andre berto of big guys.. in some respects

Embarrassing fight, which will had to his joke of a reign...

If he doesnt negotiate a fight with Whyte, who I think his mandatory, it will end up going to purse bids, and Wilders team will probably lose the purse bids because that fight prolly wont sell out Wilder's front yard in America but Hearn pay loads as he could make it a massive fight in the UK, so Hearn will probably win the purse bids, which will then probably mean Wilder will lose the chance to have a rematch clause if he loses the fight, where if they negotiate he can atleast put a rematch clause in...

His best bet is to surely get him and his team to sit down and talk with Matchroom before his ego lets him lose control and credibility...

Brazelle sucks hes a fucking Oaf hes one of those big dudes that they probably had to beg to play sports.. he just a big for nothing bum

https://www.boxingscene.com/horns-promoter-top-rank-created-crawfords-bullsht-injury--126800

Horn's Promoter: Top Rank Created Crawford's Bullsh*t Injury!

Jeff Horn's promoter alleges Bob Arum's Top Rank boxing concocted a "fake injury" to delay his fight with Terence Crawford so it could be broadcast on a new ESPN streaming app.

Duco Events boss Dean Lonergan says he's convinced Crawford's supposed right hand injury, which forced the WBO welterweight championship bout to be pushed back from April 14 to June 9, never actually happened.

The change in dates will cost Duco Events and Horn a combined $1 million in pay-per-view income, with Foxtel's Main Event channel already committed to screening Australian UFC star Robert Whittaker's title defence on the same day.

"This has been brought about by what I consider to be a fake injury, to be bluntly honest," Lonergan told AAP.

"I've requested that Top Rank send through the medical certificates to prove that Crawford had an injury and we were told in no uncertain terms they wouldn't be forthcoming.

"So I've got no doubts that they're bullsh-tting us."

Crawford reportedly injured his hand during sparring last month but Arum said he did not tear any ligaments or break any bones.

The timing was curious, given plans to have Manny Pacquiao fight on the same card had fallen over.

Horn and Crawford have low profiles in the US and without Pacquiao's pulling power, their bout would have been a difficult sell on pay-per-view.

Reports indicate it will now be shown exclusively on the new direct-to-consumer ESPN+ app in the US.

Lonergan said Top Rank had shown "zero respect" to his company and to Horn by ignoring their concerns around pay-per-view in Australia, with his pleas to change the date falling on deaf ears.

"I think the reason why the fight was delayed (was because) Top Rank had done zero promotion on the fight and hadn't formalised the agreement with ESPN," Lonergan said.

"I would have been just as happy if they'd have said, 'look, we're not ready to go, let's delay it by a month or two'.

"But you would have thought they would be considering their partners before they go and make unilateral decisions.

"Yes it has been frustrating, and yes, it is pissing me off no end."

Lonergan said all broadcast options were on the table in Australia, including a possible free-to-air deal.

Because boxing is a business... More so then other sports because you risk your life...

And where in that quote did I talk about what they make anyways??? From all the interviews Ive seen, Wilder etc has been talking about terms etc fact is he doesnt bring anywhere near the amount of chips to the table, thats what I was referring too...

Also there has been so much back and forth between the camps, its hard to keep up with whats up to date... What you said there about him having to fight Whyte to get a shot was mentioned, but I think that was:

A) In relation to something Wilder said
B) Anyways it would be a great way to get Wilder more known in the UK, in preparation for Joshua (if wilder is that confident in beating whyte)
C) Whyte is his mandatory anyways so he should be fighting him!!!

https://www.boxingscene.com/wilders-manager-joshua-were-ready-sign-come-uk--126803

Wilder's Manager To Joshua: We're Ready To Sign, Come To UK!
By Marc Williams, courtesy of The Daily Star

DEONTAY WILDER has accepted Anthony Joshua’s challenge and is ready to take him on at Wembley this summer.

That’s according to Wilder's co-manager Shelly Finkel, who has confirmed a blockbuster heavyweight unification bout is edging closer.

Joshua beat Joseph Parker in Cardiff on Saturday with a dominant points win to add the WBO strap to his IBF, WBA and IBO titles.

AJ called out Wilder after his victory in Wales and could now become the undisputed champion of the showpiece division if he add Wilder's WBC belt to his collection.

And it seems a blockbuster bout is close to being agreed.

Finkel has confirmed that Wilder would accept a 60/40 split of the fight purse.

There are also talks underway to arrange a two-fight scenario, with Wembley Stadium and Las Vegas or New York hosting each meeting.

Finkel told Gareth Davies of The Telegraph: “We are really glad that Anthony Joshua said for the first time 'I will fight Deontay next...' and we believe he is a man of his word. Deontay accepts the challenge.

"We want to make it public that Deontay wants the fight, and we are prepared to come over, or meet here and get the deal done. Deontay is ready to sign and come to the UK to fight this summer.

"We're ready. Let's do it. And anyway, unification fights always trump mandatories. A unification between Wilder and Joshua would push the mandatories back.

"Assuming it will be Wembley Stadium in the summer, we are ready, and if they are ready as they say they are, we want to get it done.

“We want the fight, they want the fight, the public wants the fight. There is nothing to stop it going ahead."

Joshua taunted Wilder after his win over Parker and insisted their mega-money fight would happen soon.

The British superstar said: “Does he need me more than I need him? Yes.

“Without being big-headed, that's 100 per cent. He needs British boxing. He’s bigger here than he is in the States because of us.

“You have to look at him and ask him does he really want it?

“I've got no issue fighting anyone. If you look through my record from my 21 fights, there hasn't been an issue with fighting anyone. There is no fear – it has to happen soon.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-joshua-not-his-own-boss-he-accept-fight--126816

Wilder: Joshua NOT His Own Boss or He Would Accept The FIght!
By Keith Idec

Deontay Wilder wants boxing fans to know he understands their frustration.

Wilder realizes they’re growing tired of reading and hearing about the huge heavyweight fight everyone wants to see – Wilder against Anthony Joshua. The unbeaten WBC champion knows they want Wilder-Joshua to happen next, not two or three fights down the dangerous road on which one of them could get knocked off and ruin the biggest bout in the sport that hasn’t been made.

Wilder hopes Joshua was serious when he said following his victory over Joseph Parker on Saturday night that he wants Wilder next. The Tuscaloosa, Alabama, native just isn’t sure Joshua and promoter Eddie Hearn are as interested as him in making their much-discussed showdown a reality any time soon.

“I’m gonna make my money regardless,” Wilder told BoxingScene.com. “My family’s gonna eat regardless. But at the end of the day, when it’s all said and done, if this fight don’t never be made, the world will know why it wasn’t made. It won’t be because of Deontay Wilder. It’ll be because of Anthony Joshua and his team. I’m my own boss. I say who I wanna fight. He’s not his own boss.

“What is he doing? If he was his own boss, he would make the decision. He let everybody else speak for him. I say what I want. Why can’t he do the same? People are getting tired, man, and I’m just gonna wash my hands of this situation. I’m gonna let the people, let the fans, let the reporters, I’m gonna let everybody that’s dealing with boxing come out and smoke them out of there.”

Joshua revealed after defeating Parker by unanimous decision that he wants to travel to the United States to have a serious discussion about boxing Wilder next with Wilder’s adviser, Al Haymon, and Wilder’s co-manager, Shelly Finkel. Barry Hearn, Eddie’s father and the founder of Matchroom Boxing, also told BBC Radio on Sunday that he’ll begin discussions with Wilder’s team this week.

The 32-year-old Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs) would make a career-high, eight-figure purse for facing the 28-year-old Joshua (21-0, 20 KOs), who reportedly earned an $18 million guarantee for fighting New Zealand’s Parker.

Eddie Hearn has also discussed Joshua boxing American Jarrell Miller or Russia’s Alexander Povetkin next.

Miller (21-0-1, 18 KOs) would need to defeat France’s Johann Duhaupas (37-4, 24 KOs) on April 28 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn to have a chance to become the foe for Joshua’s debut in the United States sometime in August, also at Barclays Center. Povetkin (34-1, 24 KOs) is the mandatory challenger for Joshua’s WBA heavyweight title.

Wilder would travel the United Kingdom to fight Joshua, who has become a huge star there. Joshua said Saturday night he would listen if an offer to battle Wilder in the United States is worth more than a fight that would undoubtedly draw an enormous crowd in the UK.

“We’re not chasing nobody,” Wilder said. “We’re not gonna be running down nobody because it’s not supposed to be this way. He’s a champion, I’m a champion and, you know, the best are supposed to fight the best. It shouldn’t be this hard. They’re being so childish and they’re making people lose interest in this sport because of these same tactics. We’ve seen these things before, where people stall out fights and try to make it bigger and better.

“No, this fight is worth everything right now. It’s ready to go right now. The hype is on it right now. That’s all people talk about every day, this fight right now. And all these stalling tactics, it’s enough. I’m ready. There’s no denying that I want the fight. You know I want it. I’ve been saying that. I’ve been stressing that. I just need them to accept this fight, accept the terms, give us the location and the date, and we’re there.”

Back