Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
when did crawford tell porter no? seems like you don't know what you're talking about.. porter didn't call him out he said he's the mandatory for wbo..porter has a whole podcast and never said it's on bud or anything about bud saying no..bud p4p the best fighter cleaned out 2 divisions and resigned to get the manny fight.. pandemic happened and spectators couldn't come and they couldn't maximize on that superfight.
I just took 20 minutes out my day just for you. There’s other clips, I’ believe one on the podcast where he brings up that conversation

i believe he starts talking about Crawford at 7:00 mark

this is
I just took 20 minutes out my day just for you. There’s other clips, I’ believe one on the podcast where he brings up that conversation

i believe he starts talking about Crawford at 7:00 mark

this is because of the manny fight tho.. even porter said he didn't tell him no like he don't wanna fight him it's just not on the table because of manny.. what's your point?

biggest fight in welterweight is manny.. you beat manny you have all the leverage.. nobody is fighting anybody if they have the manny fight lined up idc who you are.

this is

this is because of the manny fight tho.. even porter said he didn't tell him no like he don't wanna fight him it's just not on the table because of manny.. what's your point?

you done lost yourself. He ain’t being ducked when that fight is there for him. Porter is the #1 contender to both Errol and Crawford. Bud needs to move him out the way

spence just brought out 16k in a pandemic, he don’t need Crawford. Canelo/Manny monitoring that money situation. this is probably simplest I can break down my point. Manny know the difference in dealing with Al vs Bob. You hear them tax rumors anymore?

Yeah, I don't have a problem with boxers being paid big bucks. There should be fewer avenues for the top fighters to avoid fighting each other.

Seems like a lot of fans don't care. I mean Floyd had plenty of dickriders even though we all know he was very strategic about who he fought and when he fought them.
The only thing i disagree with is the last part that the biggest bs ...and its only ascribed to floyd....

you done lost yourself. He ain’t being ducked when that fight is there for him. Porter is the #1 contender to both Errol and Crawford. Bud needs to move him out the way

spence just brought out 16k in a pandemic, he don’t need Crawford. Canelo/Manny monitoring that money situation. this is probably simplest I can break down my point. Manny know the difference in dealing with Al vs Bob. You hear them tax rumors anymore?
porter wasn't #1 at that time.. because Crawford resigned to get the manny fight.. which was set up but fell thru..16k ain't shit for a fight especially a superfight and at that time there was no spectators anywhere.. Spence can't solidify his legacy without facing bud..manny 57 and canelo won't even fight charlo.. all Spence best fights are by guys who've been not just beat but punished before.. the only respect legacy wise he'll get is bud.

The only thing i disagree with is the last part that the biggest bs ...and its only ascribed to floyd....

I don't think Floyd is the only one to have done it, but he did it best and I bring him up because his supporters never want to admit that he played that game even though he basically bragged about it.

I wish I could find it, but there was an interview with him and he was asked about whether he thought he was really better than Sugar Ray Leonard. Floyd said yes because he was undefeated. The interviewer pointed out that Sugar Ray had several fights against tough competitors while those competitors were in their prime, and Floyd's response was basically that it was Sugar Ray's fault for taking those fights when he did.

This is one area where MMA is definitely better than boxing. If you fight for the organnization and you're top tier, you're going to have to fight top tier competition. If not, you're going to be forgotten. Nobody gives a fuck about MMAists that dodge big fights. Hell, some good fighters have been maligned just off the perception that they aren't willing to fight good comp.
This is fundamentally wrong.

If you not on UFC, it don't matter how good you are.... You not fighting UFC fighter.

Like you can have a 10+ year career, undefeated... Universally recognized as a hall of famer for the sport.... But unless you sign a contract with UFC, you not getting a fight with a UFC fighter. They flat out DON'T do cross promotions. And there is no rule saying they can't.

So basically it's like errol and the rest of the welters are at UFC (PBC)

And Bud is at Bellator (top rank) talking bout he want 60/40 and never been on ppv

well i mean why the fuck would you fight porter if you could fight manny? lol.. that's not saying no in the sense of ducking to me.
He couldn't get the Manny fight when they both were at top rank, you think he can really get it now?

Back