Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Oscar fight was at 147 a year AFTER oscar said he couldn't fight at 147 any more.

I'll give him the cotto, Shane, marquez and hatton fights... Cuz they happened at the same time or after floyd fought them.

Bradley and clottey both top rank fighters... And hardly anybody to duck.....

David diaz hardly relevant ....

Ortiz
Berto
Guerrero

Are better fights than

Diaz
Clottey
Bradley

Berto and Ortiz had a fight if the year candidate that was way better than any fight the latter three were in.

And gurrero who might be Floyds weakest opponent was coming off a national tv show and had claim to a title
Bradley is a better fighter than Ortiz, Berto, and Guerrero

Clottey would beat all those guys as well

see the gymnastics you have to do to defend him?

its cool man he had picks. Still great fighter and career

I'd say the Tim Bradley from the 1st Pacman fight is easily better than Ortiz Berto and Guerrero.

Bradley after that beating he took from that russian Provodnikov he was washed up after that.

The funniest part of the Floyd ducking rumors is the canelo fight and the two maidana fights...

Floyd literally fought AND BEAT canelo in 2013.... Say what you want to say now.

There was no tougher fight or challenger then Canelo at the time. Who was Floyd ducking to fight Canelo?

Why didn't. Manny ever even attempt to fight Canelo. He fought Oscar and hatton. He fought Shane who also fought Canelo... Manny never fought Canelo.

And RIGHT AFTER Canelo, floyd fought maidana TWICE... Because the first fight was too close in his eyes....

Now in all honesty. If floyd never rematches maidana... Would that not be a bigger duck?

Would Manny had beaten canelo in 2013?2012? 2011 when he beat Shane?

Shane fought Manny and canelo back to back.

Any fighters resume can be picked apart some more than others. Floyd gets more criticism than he deserves and at the same time more passes than he deserves.

Bradley is a better fighter than Ortiz, Berto, and Guerrero

Clottey would beat all those guys as well

see the gymnastics you have to do to defend him?

its cool man he had picks. Still great fighter and career
Bradley was top rank fighter. That's no gymnastics. It's fact.

Bradley had no fight if the year candidate. He was not as marketable. I watched his career. He was not a must see fighter. The Pacquiao fights with him were wack and you know it.

I'll watch Berto/Ortiz a million times over Bradley/Pacquiao and that's Bradley's best fight......

The funniest part of the Floyd ducking rumors is the canelo fight and the two maidana fights...

Floyd literally fought AND BEAT canelo in 2013.... Say what you want to say now.

There was no tougher fight or challenger then Canelo at the time. Who was Floyd ducking to fight Canelo?

Why didn't. Manny ever even attempt to fight Canelo. He fought Oscar and hatton. He fought Shane who also fought Canelo... Manny never fought Canelo.

And RIGHT AFTER Canelo, floyd fought maidana TWICE... Because the first fight was too close in his eyes....

Now in all honesty. If floyd never rematches maidana... Would that not be a bigger duck?

Would Manny had beaten canelo in 2013?2012? 2011 when he beat Shane?

Shane fought Manny and canelo back to back.

Shane was washed the fuck up for both of those fights. He was just a name collecting good checks at that point.

If we could transport time that Shane would be good name for someone like Boots Ennis to beat so his name could reach a larger boxing audience to start getting his name out there more.

I'd say the Tim Bradley from the 1st Pacman fight is easily better than Ortiz Berto and Guerrero.

Bradley after that beating he took from that russian Provodnikov he was washed up after that.

Let's go back to 2012...

What fight was more entertaining? Which fight did more numbers. What fight had more anticipation?

Bradley/Manny?

Floyd/cotto?

Both happened in 2012.

Facts:

bradley and Manny were both under top rank. Which means this fight made Bob more money than either guy fighting Floyd.

Floyd attempted to go after Manny himself.. But Manny ran it past Bob first..who rewarded him with a Bradley fight that ended in a decision loss... Which meant he in order to get the rematch and his title back he had stay under contract. Which meant no Floyd. Manny decided to stay to get the rematch

And he got knocked out his very next fight

Cotto left bob in 2012 because he didn't trust Bob to run his career. The fight with floyd was made a month after cotto left top rank.

Cotto made a career payday his first fight after leaving Bob.

Like you can't blame this all on Floyd

Shane was washed the fuck up for both of those fights. He was just a name collecting good checks at that point.

If we could transport time that Shane would be good name for someone like Boots Ennis to beat so his name could reach a larger boxing audience to start getting his name out there more.
My point was if Manny could fight Shane and Floyd, he could have fought Canelo too

Any fighters resume can be picked apart some more than others. Floyd gets more criticism than he deserves and at the same time more passes than he deserves.
He gets criticism because the narrative was placed upon him by the industry.

I'll go ahead and introduce the race card too. I'm capable of leaving it out, but sometimes black folk need to hear it like this.

Floyd mayweather jr is black man in a sport full of black men ran by old white men.

His whole family been in this business, he grew up in this business. His whole life he heard about how greedy promotors take advantage of and robbed black fighters for decades

He said, not me.

So he played their game until it no longer served him, and he then started to play his game.

The promotors and the industry didn't like this talented young black man going against the grain, so the slander began.

He embraced it by becoming the villain for profit. You wanna see me lose, you gotta pay he.

Then outta our spite trained himself to make sure he won. Retired while still young, and still making. Money off his talents with absolute no interference from the industry.

This perception of floyd is pretty crazy when you realize it comes from a old white guy who can't make any more money off a kid he felt he brought up....

Like at the end of the day... It's really just Bob's guys he allegedly ducked. And Bob sabotage those fights out of spite. It's really that simple. And he's still doing it.

If Bud was 10 years younger and left top rank cuz if the shit Bob just said about him in November... He would get the exact same treatment

Bob would swear Bud left cuz he's scared of some guy we never heard of...

Which is exactly what Margarito was before he fought...anybody

Like who was demanding Floyd vs Bradley.... Ever?

I've never once heard Floyd ducked Bradley. Never

Let's go back to 2012...

What fight was more entertaining? Which fight did more numbers. What fight had more anticipation?

Bradley/Manny?

Floyd/cotto?

Both happened in 2012.

Facts:

bradley and Manny were both under top rank. Which means this fight made Bob more money than either guy fighting Floyd.

Floyd attempted to go after Manny himself.. But Manny ran it past Bob first..who rewarded him with a Bradley fight that ended in a decision loss... Which meant he in order to get the rematch and his title back he had stay under contract. Which meant no Floyd. Manny decided to stay to get the rematch

And he got knocked out his very next fight

Cotto left bob in 2012 because he didn't trust Bob to run his career. The fight with floyd was made a month after cotto left top rank.

Cotto made a career payday his first fight after leaving Bob.

Like you can't blame this all on Floyd

LLS you gotta relax. None of the shit you just posted refutes what I said regarding Tim Bradley being a fighter than Berto, Ortiz and Guerrero.

That is all I was speaking on in that post. If you want to we can debate Bradley being better than those fighters.

Bradley was top rank fighter. That's no gymnastics. It's fact.

Bradley had no fight if the year candidate. He was not as marketable. I watched his career. He was not a must see fighter. The Pacquiao fights with him were wack and you know it.

I'll watch Berto/Ortiz a million times over Bradley/Pacquiao and that's Bradley's best fight......
Now you done flipped the convo to entertainment value

I don’t have an issue with how Floyd conducted the 2nd half of his career. I’m not giving him an excuse for missing all these tough fights

you lean on the Bob excuse which I give some credence to. The boxing scene you see right now with everybody avoiding each other is a direct influence of Mayweather though and that speaks louder than anything I could say

Mayweather look up to Bob Arum, want to be him

Like who was demanding Floyd vs Bradley.... Ever?

I've never once heard Floyd ducked Bradley. Never

Who in here said that though?

You going off on tangents and rants about shit nobody has brought up.

Nobody would even be taken serious by bringing that up.

I just think Bob hides his hand for a lot of shit and sways opinions of people who don't know any better

I just think Bob hides his hand for a lot of shit and sways opinions of people who don't know any better

Funny how Bob knows how to promote his agenda when trashing a fighter but at the same time he doesn't know how to promote said fighter for upcoming fights to make money and get the fighter more exposure.

Bob full of shit but the media rides whatever he says and some dumbass fans repeat it

Funny how Bob knows how to promote his agenda when trashing a fighter but at the same time he doesn't know how to promote said fighter for upcoming fights to make money and get the fighter more exposure.

Bob full of shit but the media rides whatever he says and some dumbass fans repeat it
He hates superfights outside his company.

I hate to say he wanna be Dana White.... Cuz I feel like Dana White took his model and ran with it.

But yeah... You ever hear Dana talk about any non-ufc fight... Or a ex-ufc fighter.... Same shit

Bob got the deal with ESPN cuz his eye for talent is unfuckable with.. If you coming off the amateurs and wanna build a buzz..... He gonna put you on ESPN in front of the world.

I was telling niggaz about Loma and Teo before they knew who they were.

Efe agabae slow as fuck.... But that ESPN deal got homie mad exposure.

Like Bob amazon when you starting off.... But when you get to the point where the public demands you fight a outside fight shit get funny.

No way in hell Haney,Tank,Ryan Garcia..... Or any light weight not on top rank gets that Loma fight.

No body scared of Loma.... But the best fight for Bob to make with him was Teo cuz Teo is his fighter.

He hates superfights outside his company.

I hate to say he wanna be Dana White.... Cuz I feel like Dana White took his model and ran with it.

But yeah... You ever hear Dana talk about any non-ufc fight... Or a ex-ufc fighter.... Same shit

Bob from the old school and he doesn't like the amount of control the fighters have over their careers nor the amount of money he now has to pay fighters. Especially when he can't manipulate the pot cause it's not an in-house fight.

Bob wanted to control Floyd and promote the same as he did Oscar and build him like a Sugar Ray Leonard and he wasn't trying to hear Floyd when he was told times have change to promote him to a totally different in a totally different way.

Floyd left and we all see how that worked out for both. Bob has even admitted Floyd was right and he should've listened to him on that point.

Back