Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nobody got dogged worse than Pacquiao.

He got robbed for his title twice to get him to resign for a rematch.

at this point crawford aint getting that manny fight - even if he dips to PBC

Manny most likely retiring on that spence fight

fuck arum and magraittos cheatin ass

we been defending floyd since the ic streets - shit never gets old though

at this point crawford aint getting that manny fight - even if he dips to PBC

Manny most likely retiring on that spence fight

fuck arum and magraittos cheatin ass

we been defending floyd since the ic streets - shit never gets old though
ain't no Spence fight until it happens.. he might fight crawford..i doubt he does either.. he was in the ring for Spence's fight and that went away... reality of it is Pacquiao doesn't have to fight either guy and no one is gonna criticize him for it.

Bradley is a better fighter than Ortiz, Berto, and Guerrero

Clottey would beat all those guys as well

see the gymnastics you have to do to defend him?

its cool man he had picks. Still great fighter and career
the fuck bradley was over hyped as fuck .. he did get mad credit for being a ghost aginst marquez which was pretty odd considering how he fouoght but no nigga.. wtf

After the Spence fight I've seen a lot of folks call for Danny Garcia to get a new trainer. Heard it before the Spence fight but not as much as after the fight.

The person who I really think may not need a trainer change but a person added to their camp who has some say so is Shawn Porter. I think Porter with a better technical trainer could do much better in his fights. After all these years he is still smothering his punches and problems with distance cause he's constantly crowding his work.

Porter would be even more of a problem if he fixed that issue and a new person in his camp that could help fix that would do a world of good for Porter IMO.

After the Spence fight I've seen a lot of folks call for Danny Garcia to get a new trainer. Heard it before the Spence fight but not as much as after the fight.

The person who I really think may not need a trainer change but a person added to their camp who has some say so is Shawn Porter. I think Porter with a better technical trainer could do much better in his fights. After all these years he is still smothering his punches and problems with distance cause he's constantly crowding his work.

Porter would be even more of a problem if he fixed that issue and a new person in his camp that could help fix that would do a world of good for Porter IMO.

So you don’t like Porter’s caveman boxing style...

I think in recent years, Porter has shown different looks with success. He can box for sure. I just think at the level he's at he's fighting guys with a reach and size advantage 90% of the time. I think it's a tactical choice on his camps part to have him fight the way he does. He's like 5'7 and normally has a reach disadvantage.

I think he constantly fights on the inside to force taller fighters to have to slug with him so he doesn't get picked apart on the outside. Honestly that's why he had so much success against Spence (even with the L). He gave Spence his best fight in years doing just that.

I think in recent years, Porter has shown different looks with success. He can box for sure. I just think at the level he's at he's fighting guys with a reach and size advantage 90% of the time. I think it's a tactical choice on his camps part to have him fight the way he does. He's like 5'7 and normally has a reach disadvantage.

I think he constantly fights on the inside to force taller fighters to have to slug with him so he doesn't get picked apart on the outside. Honestly that's why he had so much success against Spence (even with the L). He gave Spence his best fight in years doing just that.

That boxing success came against lower level fighters though.

Mike Tyson was at a height and reach disadvantage also. Porter and his team is 100% correct for him to be an inside fighter. What I'm saying is he needs to have someone help him to not smother himself once he gets inside.

Tyson got inside but gave himself enough space to get those upper cuts and hooks off with leverage. Porter needs to give himself the space to get those same punches off and for years he is making the same mistake. IMO he needs to bring someone in to help him with that.

That boxing success came against lower level fighters though.

Mike Tyson was at a height and reach disadvantage also. Porter and his team is 100% correct for him to be an inside fighter. What I'm saying is he needs to have someone help him to not smother himself once he gets inside.

Tyson got inside but gave himself enough space to get those upper cuts and hooks off with leverage. Porter needs to give himself the space to get those same punches off and for years he is making the same mistake. IMO he needs to bring someone in to help him with that.

I think his real issue is his power. He even mentioned it on his podcast. He said he'd always been scared about making weight if he got with a strength & conditioning coach. He said he doesn't care anymore and is bout to get his power right so he can do damage with those punches inside. I think that's what he's missing. But i get what you're saying.

I think his real issue is his power. He even mentioned it on his podcast. He said he'd always been scared about making weight if he got with a strength & conditioning coach. He said he doesn't care anymore and is bout to get his power right so he can do damage with those punches inside. I think that's what he's missing. But i get what you're saying.

Porter is not a power puncher the funny thing is with how he smothers his work on the inside missing so many punches don't matter if he gains power cause he either not going to have the space to get his punches off or he is going to miss the target.

Shawn already got his daddy and Barry Hunter in his corner...who else he need?

He ain't going to replace his father and Hunter ain't been there that long. If after another 2 fights his distance to get his punches off on the inside still isn't showing improvement he can get rid of Hunter and replace him with someone else.

Back