Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
@HarryHippie

First off don't start throwing insults around...

Like I said, a punch being there is IRRELEVANT IF YOU CANT LAND IT... Wilder's fundamentals are fckn TRASH, he has a half decent jab and he will always have a punchers chance, thats it...

AND I am not bias at all, I don't care where a fighter is from, I show no national allegiance what so ever, in fact if Wilder fought AJ I would actually want Wilder to win... In fact most of my favourite fighters of all time are American...

AND I said it WAS NOT a lucky punch, imo there is no such thing in boxing, you throw a punch with the intentions to hit them, therefore it is not lucky, unless you trip over and hit them by accident, which tbh I wouldn't put past Wilder with his trash footwork...

You say you don't understand what SOME of us thought??? You mean the whole of fckn boxing, bar a few people??? You don't have to be Eddie Futch to see Fury clearly won... Anyways, end of...

Lmaoooo bro idc anymore

I asked for explanation how he clearly won since fight night. Over it. I know there’s no explanation cause I watched, hoped someone would try

You said some bullshit about Wilder goggles. I use to root for Canelo heavy and posters from old site could vouch, don’t even follow him anymore cause of fuckshit. I saw it how I saw it. I’ve explained why I saw it that way numerous times w/o counter points. I explained what I saw in ring and asked for the same in response. If my use of bitch offended you...square up lol

I never gave a fuck about majority. Majority don’t know shit about shit

I thought we already went over how Fury won the fight... a million times over like 20pages back... Anyways, Im done with it...

Oh and Im not a fckd kid, I don't get offended by some clueless cunt on forum calling me a 'bitch'... I actually punch people in the face, in a ring... I just think its funny how you start calling people names because you have no idea what you are talking about...

I've sparred rounds with people scoring them...

If you're struggling to find your offense (Wilder)

While the other person is executing theirs (fury)

You're gonna drop rounds.

Bodywork was relentless and hurtfull..pretty much what i expected its been a while since he has gone to the body

Yeah Rocky had no business being in the same ring as Canelo, I predicted a body shot would fold him like it did against Callum Smith... All this talk about size the difference, I just thought it was more torso for Canelo to aim at lol Still picking up that Happy Meal regular WBA belt does not make him a 3 weight world champion in my eyes, I fckn hate it when people class that belt as genuine world title....

So canelo got 100m bonus to run through Eddie Hearn whole stable like he did last night hunh??

I wonder how much oscar cut gonna be....

I think it finances his personal grudge against Dana white easy....

Listened to the Sports Illustrated Chris Mannix boxing podcast this morning. DAZN picked up MLB package starting next year. Mannix and De la Hoya still hating on Mayweather.

Just like the article on boxingscene said if DAZN has no say so in who Canelo fights then Canelo and GBP are gonna milk them for that contract money.

Listened to the Sports Illustrated Chris Mannix boxing podcast this morning. DAZN picked up MLB package starting next year. Mannix and De la Hoya still hating on Mayweather.

Just like the article on boxingscene said if DAZN has no say so in who Canelo fights then Canelo and GBP are gonna milk them for that contract money.

I kinda agreed with that too, him milking Matchroom, but then I think Canelo will be pressured into big fights regardless... You could see he got pissed off when people said he was ducking GGG and you could the stick he got after the first pissed him off too, and not mention the hate with the PED thing... So I don't think there is any problems him not taking big fights in 2019...

I kinda agreed with that too, him milking Matchroom, but then I think Canelo will be pressured into big fights regardless... You could see he got pissed off when people said he was ducking GGG and you could the stick he got after the first pissed him off too, and not mention the hate with the PED thing... So I don't think there is any problems him not taking big fights in 2019...

The Canelo & Golden Boy deal doesn't have anything to do with Matchroom. De la Hoya actually went straight to one of the heads of DAZN(Skipper) to get that deal made. After that was done Skipper said everything else boxing wise will got through Hearn.

Canelo was pissed but he still waited GGG out with bullshit excuses. GGG is far from shot and washed up but the fact remains that Canelo could've fought a better version of GGG. There is a problem with who Canelo fights because DAZN needs subscriptions. Canelo fighting people like Rocky Fielding isn't going to get enough people to sign up for the app. So they will lose money on that deal cause Canelo money is already guaranteed. So if DAZN has no say so in Canelo opponents they fucked up. Canelo will mix a few good fights in there but they will be far and in between IMO.

The Canelo & Golden Boy deal doesn't have anything to do with Matchroom. De la Hoya actually went straight to one of the heads of DAZN(Skipper) to get that deal made. After that was done Skipper said everything else boxing wise will got through Hearn.

Canelo was pissed but he still waited GGG out with bullshit excuses. GGG is far from shot and washed up but the fact remains that Canelo could've fought a better version of GGG. There is a problem with who Canelo fights because DAZN needs subscriptions. Canelo fighting people like Rocky Fielding isn't going to get enough people to sign up for the app. So they will lose money on that deal cause Canelo money is already guaranteed. So if DAZN has no say so in Canelo opponents they fucked up. Canelo will mix a few good fights in there but they will be far and in between IMO.

GBP are working along side Eddie and DAZN now though... Im a massive GGG fan and wanted him to beat Canelo, but what Im saying is DAZN will defo have a say in who Canelo fights.... But even if they didn't, which I cant see, Canelo and his pride plus mandatories wouldn't allow him to fight bullschitt opponents in half empty stadiums anyways,..

I can give Canelo a pass for the Fielding fight, I don't get the outrage of some people, he just went 24 rounds hard rounds with GGG and took some monster shots, plus went up in weight... Anyways I saw that Canelo v Jacobs in May looks on the cards next for him, which makes sense with Jacobs being with Matchroom (Eddie Hearn) and DAZN so its pretty straight forward matchmaking if true, another hard fight for Canelo at 160... If its not his next fight, I don't think it will far off...

GBP are working along side Eddie and DAZN now though... Im a massive GGG fan and wanted him to beat Canelo, but what Im saying is DAZN will defo have a say in who Canelo fights.... But even if they didn't, which I cant see, Canelo and his pride plus mandatories wouldn't allow him to fight bullschitt opponents in half empty stadiums anyways,..

I can give Canelo a pass for the Fielding fight, I don't get the outrage of some people, he just went 24 rounds hard rounds with GGG and took some monster shots, plus went up in weight... Anyways I saw that Canelo v Jacobs in May looks on the cards next for him, which makes sense with Jacobs being with Matchroom (Eddie Hearn) and DAZN so its pretty straight forward matchmaking if true, another hard fight for Canelo at 160... If its not his next fight, I don't think it will far off...

De la Hoya has stated multiple times Jacobs is not the May opponent and neither is GGG. De la Hoya is a liar but we shall see. You not looking at the whole picture. Canelo is way bigger than the belts. WBC ain't going to force Canelo to do shit anymore especially with how that shit played out with them and Canelo over the GGG mandatory. Canelo will drop the belt.

It don't matter who Canelo fights mexicans are going to support him so he will never fight in a half empty arena.

Actually just read that Jacobs and Hearn contract is over. I'll try to find and post the article.

You willing to give Canelo the benefit of the doubt and I'm not is all this boiling down to.

Canelo and De la Hoya know exactly what they are doing. As boxing fans we have to see the shit for what it is. By that I mean more important than who you fight is WHEN you fight them.

De la Hoya has stated multiple times Jacobs is not the May opponent and neither is GGG. De la Hoya is a liar but we shall see. You not looking at the whole picture. Canelo is way bigger than the belts. WBC ain't going to force Canelo to do shit anymore especially with how that shit played out with them and Canelo over the GGG mandatory. Canelo will drop the belt.

It don't matter who Canelo fights mexicans are going to support him so he will never fight in a half empty arena.

Actually just read that Jacobs and Hearn contract is over. I'll try to find and post the article.

You willing to give Canelo the benefit of the doubt and I'm not is all this boiling down to.

Canelo and De la Hoya know exactly what they are doing. As boxing fans we have to see the shit for what it is. By that I mean more important than who you fight is WHEN you fight them.

Hearn is a sneaky dude, he will sell water to a well, there's no way he would let himself get pimped by DLH... They will work together, you are right, Canelo is bigger than the belts to a degree if the opponent is a name though...

You said the Mexicans would c0me out in force and support him whoever he fights, but do you remember when he was supposedly stalling on GGG and alot of the Mexicans turned on Canelo and backed GGG??? Especially after the first fight too, were he 'didn't fight like a Mexican', ft wasn't until after the second fight they embraced him...

Canelo is always scrutinised, he won't fight bum after bum, he is already getting stick for fighting Fielding... He may even fight Callum Smith, which TBF I'm not mad at that, alot of American fans might not seen much of Callum, they might confuse him with his brother who Canelo folded!!!

Canelo Needs To Face a Legitimate Threat in Near Future

As Keith Idec reported for BoxingScene, DAZN and partner Matchroom Sport have tried to bring Golovkin into the fold, which would faciliate a third fight with Alvarez. Jacobs, too, is unaffiliated at the moment and considering his options.

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-needs-face-legitimate-threat-near-future--134641

The article below is what I was really talking about

One Fight In, Is Canelo's Contract Already Problem For DAZN?

De La Hoya told the Los Angeles Times for a story posted to its website Thursday that Alvarez will not fight Gennady Golovkin or Daniel Jacobs on May 4. He has reserved T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas for that night, but other than that, De La Hoya knows only that neither Golovkin nor Jacobs will square off against Alvarez in the Mexican superstar’s second fight of his gargantuan DAZN deal.

From Skipper’s perspective, allowing Alvarez to fight Fielding and Lemieux in the first two fights of his contract won’t initiate the subscription surge DAZN needs from its franchise fighter. Golovkin and Jacobs, to a lesser degree, would generate that type of interest among consumers unsold on paying another $9.99 per month to watch boxing.

De La Hoya hasn’t received that company memo, apparently.

When asked after a press conference Thursday whether Alvarez would fight Golovkin or Jacobs after facing Fielding, De La Hoya told the Los Angeles Times, “No, not in May, not at all. We have no opponent whatsoever, but not Jacobs.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/one-fight-canelos-contract-already-problem-dazn--134611

Hearn is a sneaky dude, he will sell water to a well, there's no way he would let himself get pimped by DLH... They will work together, you are right, Canelo is bigger than the belts to a degree if the opponent is a name though...

You said the Mexicans would c0me out in force and support him whoever he fights, but do you remember when he was supposedly stalling on GGG and alot of the Mexicans turned on Canelo and backed GGG??? Especially after the first fight too, were he 'didn't fight like a Mexican', ft wasn't until after the second fight they embraced him...

Canelo is always scrutinised, he won't fight bum after bum, he is already getting stick for fighting Fielding... He may even fight Callum Smith, which TBF I'm not mad at that, alot of American fans might not seen much of Callum, they might confuse him with his brother who Canelo folded!!!

Hearn was already beat by De la Hoya simply by the fact that they went over Hearn's head and made the deal for for Canelo and the deal for Golden Boy Promotions other fighters for DAZN. They already locked in money wise. The only thing left now is does DAZN actually have any real say so in who Canelo gets to fight.

I'm not saying Canelo will fight all bums but will he fight the fights the fans want to see at the right time for both himself and his opponent or will he milk it. Canelo of course will fight "names" but are the names in their prime, coming to their prime or just coming out of their prime? The Fielding fight was a belt grab to fake make history. He chose the weakest opponent at 168 to get his belt.

You have to remember Canelo history. He won at 160lb belt but wanted to make other 160lb champs and fighters fight him at 155lbs. Then he said he was too small to fight GGG at 160 but before he fought GGG at 160 he fought Chavez jr at 164.5lbs. That shit didn't make sense. Canelo knows he will not lose his mexican fanbase and that he is the cash cow in boxing. So if folks want the paycheck he brings they going to bow to what he wants. Sometimes what he wants is complete bullshit and he needs to called on it.

Canelo history is why I can't give him the benefit of the doubt.

Hearn was already beat by De la Hoya simply by the fact that they went over Hearn's head and made the deal for for Canelo and the deal for Golden Boy Promotions other fighters for DAZN. They already locked in money wise. The only thing left now is does DAZN actually have any real say so in who Canelo gets to fight.

I'm not saying Canelo will fight all bums but will he fight the fights the fans want to see at the right time for both himself and his opponent or will he milk it. Canelo of course will fight "names" but are the names in their prime, coming to their prime or just coming out of their prime? The Fielding fight was a belt grab to fake make history. He chose the weakest opponent at 168 to get his belt.

You have to remember Canelo history. He won at 160lb belt but wanted to make other 160lb champs and fighters fight him at 155lbs. Then he said he was too small to fight GGG at 160 but before he fought GGG at 160 he fought Chavez jr at 164.5lbs. That shit didn't make sense. Canelo knows he will not lose his mexican fanbase and that he is the cash cow in boxing. So if folks want the paycheck he brings they going to bow to what he wants. Sometimes what he wants is complete bullshit and he needs to called on it.

Canelo history is why I can't give him the benefit of the doubt.

GBP did not go over Hearn's head per say at all, from what I gather Eddie was in on it the negations for the Canelo/DAZN deal, and Eddie made the Fielding deal with Diaz too, Im not sure where GBP going over Eddie's came from, I don't know though, Im not in on discussions and Im not that bothered TBF... Either way I don't believe a word Oscar or Eddie say!!! I think they are both massive bullschitters...

With regards to Canelo's bouts, Ive said the same thing, Im not disagreeing there... I was saying for years GBP were protecting him from GGG and cherry picked fights, I don't think he didn't want to fight GGG, I think it was Oscar protecting his 'Golden Egg'... Im just saying Canelo going forward will not get away from having to fight credible opponents, from now on...

Boxing has always being about timing, thats why Im kinda anti SRL for the way he done Haglar, but its the sport... Who would you like to see Canelo face??? And who do you think he will face???

In the MW division there isn't alot to choose from, off top Jacobs, Charlo, GGG, Andrade, Billy Joe, I would love to see BJS have a pop at Canelo but I cant see that happening now BJS lost his mando status plus is with Frank Warren.... Then at SM: Callum Smith, Ramirez, Groves, DeGale so there's not an awful lot of choice, personally I'll take any of those fights though... But then if Jacobs and BJS are ruled out and Groves and DeGale might face each other or Eubank vs either Groves or DeGale that would rule one of them out, forget Eubank Jr/Canelo there would be outrage... There really isn't alot of choice... Unless Im forgetting someone...

Last edited:
Back