Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/first-take-host-max-kellerman-signs-new-deal-espn-1167766

First Take host Max Kellerman has signed a multiyear extension with ESPN that includes an expanded role in the network's boxing coverage.

The deal — announced Saturday during ESPN's live coverage of the Vasily Lomanchenko-Jose Pedraza fight from the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York — includes a prominent role in ESPN's boxing coverage, as well as a weekly boxing show on one of ESPN's linear networks.

Kellerman has a long association with boxing; his entree into sports broadcasting was via a local-access boxing show in New York. He has been a color commentator for HBO Championship Boxing and Boxing After Dark. He also is an analyst on ESPN's Friday Night Fights program.

Kellerman will preside over the network's top boxing matches from the broadcast desk position in the arena, rather than from ringside.

Joe Rogan pisses me off at times, he is a fan or agrees with whoever is on his show... When Fury was on there he seemed like he was backing him, then when Wilder was there he was backing Wilder...

Ive always thought Wilder seemed like a good dude though, its hard not like him when you hear his story but I find him so boring after a while, I don't understand people that call him a good promoter/seller of fights... He has a few good sound bites but dude puts me to sleep after 2-3mins...

Last edited:
If there is a rematch, just like I did in the first fight, I still think Wilder will win by KO... I just cant see Fury getting up from a shot like that again!!! And I don't think Fury could avoid a big shot for 36mins either... Who knows though, Fury is a helluva boxer...

Last edited:
imo wilder fury will always be dependent on if wilder can keep him down.

cuz he's not out-boxing fury, he's not winning a decision.. he's essentially losing every round he doesn't get a KD in....

fury showed me that as long as they're both on two feet the whole round...it's gonna be a fury round...

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-jarrett-hurd-vs-kell-brook-possible-if-amir-khan-passes--134570

Hearn: Jarrett Hurd vs. Kell Brook is Possible if Amir Khan Passes

Eddie Hearn, promoter for Kell Brook, says a fight with WBA, IBF, IBO junior middleweight champion Jarrett Hurd is possible for the very near future - if Amir Khan takes a pass on facing Brook.

Last Saturday night in Sheffield, Brook won a tougher than expected twelve round unanimous decision over Michael Zerafa. The fight was billed as a WBA "final eliminator."

It's still not clear how Brook would side-step others as the mandatory to Hurd. Brian Castano is the WBA's "regular" champion at 154, and Michel Soro holds the WBA's interim-title at the weight. Castano is scheduled to face Erislandy Lara, but Soro is a free man after picking up a win over the weekend.

Hearn is trying to hard to make a fight between Brook and Amir Khan - but the Bolton boxer make head in another direction by accepting a guarantee of $5 million for a fight with WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford in March.

"Kell has got the opportunity to fight Jarrett Hurd. He will be the mandatory. That could be the next fight for Hurd, or the one after," promoter Eddie Hearn told Sky Sports.

"Amir has a decision to make - does he want to fight Brook or Crawford? Kell did not look at his best so Khan may now fancy that fight."

Of course Brook has been mentioning the possibility of heading back down to welterweight - for fights with Shawn Porter, Errol Spene and Danny Garcia. Once Khan takes a pass, then Brook will have to figure out if he wants to remain at 154 for Hurd or chase some of the big names at 147.

"Kell has got to decide, if he doesn't get Khan, does he move back to 147lbs and fight the likes of Shawn Porter, Danny Garcia or Jessie Vargas? In the next week, Amir will make up his mind. Then we'll know where we are going," Hearn said.

https://www.boxingscene.com/devin-haney-vs-xolisani-ndongeni-tops-shobox-tripleheader--134566

Devin Haney vs. Xolisani Ndongeni - Tops ShoBox Tripleheader

Top lightweight prospect Devin Haney will face fellow-undefeated Xolisani Ndongeni in the first ShoBox: The New Generation telecast of 2019 on Friday, January 11 live on SHOWTIME at 10 p.m. ET/PT from StageWorks of Louisiana in Shreveport.

The 20-year-old Haney (20-0, 13 KOs) returns in a 10-round bout for his third consecutive test on the prospect developmental series having barely lost a round while his level of opposition has strengthened over the last two fights. The fast-rising prospect will face just his second undefeated opponent in South Africa’s Ndongeni (25-0, 13 KOs), an unbeaten 28-year-old who once held the IBO’s belt at 135 pounds.

In the co-feature, two-time National Golden Gloves Amateur Champion and highly touted Californian prospect Ruben Villa (14-0, 5 KOs) will take on hard-hitting former Puerto Rican amateur champion Carlos Vidal (14-0, 13 KOs) in an eight-round featherweight bout. The opening bout of the tripleheader will feature undefeated Cuban heavyweight Frank Sanchez Faure (10-0, 8 KOs) against an opponent to be announced.

“We are excited to begin our 18th year of ShoBox with another card featuring today’s top prospects matched tough,” said Gordon Hall, Executive Producer of ShoBox: The New Generation. “Simply put, this series is boxing’s best proving ground for tomorrow’s champions. Devin is on the fast track to becoming a world champion while Ruben is facing his first legitimate test in his quest to turn from prospect to contender. A tripleheader featuring five undefeated fighters is the perfect start for what promises to be a banner 2019 for ShoBox: The New Generation.”

The event is promoted by Devin Haney Promotions and Bishop Promotions LLC, in association with Banner Promotions and Thompson Boxing. Tickets, starting at $30, are on sale now and available at www.akafights.com.

Haney has been considered one of boxing’s top prospects since turning professional at the age of 17 in Mexico in 2015. In his last fight on Sept. 28 on ShoBox, Haney won via near-shutdown decision of three-time world title challenger Juan Carlos Burgos, handing the veteran his first loss since dropping a decision to Mikey Garcia in 2014.

Haney grew up in Oakland and fights out of Las Vegas, where he has earned a reputation as a prodigy having sparred with Floyd Mayweather, Shawn Porter and Jessie Vargas. The flashy and outspoken 20-year-old is now ranked in the top 15 of three of the four major sanctioning bodies (No. 8 WBA, No. 10 IBF, No. 11 WBC) after just 20 professional fights.

“I’m looking to start off 2019 with another great performance on SHOWTIME,” said Haney, whose three scheduled ShoBox opponents have entered with an impressive 91-4-2 record. “I’ll be facing a very dangerous undefeated fighter in Xolisani Ndongeni, who has been ranked as high as No. 3 in WBA and has never experienced defeat. He’s not just coming to fight, Ndongeni thinks he can win. These are the fights I need. I’m going to show the world once again that I’m not a prospect, I’m an elite fighter, and I deserve a world title shot.”

Ndongeni has rallied off 25 straight victories since turning professional in 2010 while campaigning largely in South Africa. His lone start outside of his hometown came in 2016 in California, where he handed previously once-beaten Juan Garcia Mendez the second loss of his career.

Ndongeni, who has nine scheduled 12 round fights on his resume, has been ranked as high as No. 3 by the WBA and owns a victory over former 130-pound world champion Mzonke Fana. He has won a number of regional titles and claimed the IBO’s vacant 135-pound title via ninth round knockout in 2015.

“Devin Haney is a great young boxer and I think it will be a good test for the both of us,” Ndongeni said. “I have the edge in experience. I have been in 12-round title fights and I feel I am more than capable of handling anything he brings to the ring. A win against Haney will take me back to the top of the rankings and open doors for me to be able to fight many more times in the U.S.”

The 21-year-old Villa started boxing when he was just 5 years old and compiled an impressive 166-17 record as an amateur. The Salinas, Calif., native was a two-time Junior Olympic National Champion and the 2014 and 2015 National Golden Gloves Champion. He owns two wins over eventual Olympic Silver Medalist Shakur Stevenson as an amateur before losing to his rival twice in the 2016 Olympic Trials. Villa turned professional in 2016 shortly after the Olympic Trials and has registered 14 professional victories in just over 24 months. The southpaw will face his toughest test to date and just his second undefeated opponent in Vidal on January 11.

“My team and I are really grateful and excited to finally be able to showcase my talents on a national platform and we will not take this opportunity for granted,” Villa said. “I’ve been working overtime to look perfect for this event. I’m coming to put on a show and prove I’m ready for the bright lights.”

Vidal was a two-time Puerto Rican National Champion with an amateur record of 104 wins against just 10 losses. The 29-year-old is a strong power-puncher with 13 KOs in 14 professional fights, with all 13 coming inside of three rounds. Villa, who lives and in trains in Las Vegas, will be making just his second start in the United States against his first undefeated opponent.

“I’m very grateful for the opportunity to prove myself against another undefeated fighter,” Vidal said. “I live in the gym and have dedicated my life to this dream of being a world champion. This is just the first step of that process and nothing is going stop me from achieving that goal.”

The 26-year-old Faure fought on the Cuban National Team and competed in more than 200 amateur fights. After defecting from Cuba, the heavyweight turned professional in September of 2017 and has won 10 fights in just over 14 months. Faure lives and trains in Las Vegas, where he is managed by International Boxing Hall of Fame referee Richard Steele.

“Growing up in Cuba, I’ve always dreamed of having this opportunity to fight on television in America, and now that dream is becoming a reality,” Faure said. “I’m going to punish my opponent and give the fans a reason to watch me every time I step in the ring. I’m the next Cuban sensation.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-no-talks-golovkin-trilogy-its-just-rumor--134572

Canelo: No Talks For Golovkin Trilogy, It's Just a Rumor
By Miguel Rivera

WBC, WBA middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez had denied the circulating rumors of a trilogy fight with Gennady Golovkin on May 4th in Las Vegas.

Rumors ran wild after the Nevada State Athletic Commission made a mistake by listing a venue hold for a May 4th event in Las Vegas with Golden Boy Promotions (who handle Canelo) and GGG Promotions as co-promoters.

Canelo won a twelve round majority decision over Golovkin in their September rematch at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. They first met in September 2017, at the very same venue, and that contest ended in a controversial twelve round draw.

At the moment, Golovkin is a network free agent.

Both of their contests were handled by HBO Pay-Per-View.

A few months ago, HBO announced their decision to eliminate boxing from their programming roster. The network televised their final show last Saturday night.

Canelo signed an exclusive five year, 11 fight deal with streaming service DAZN.

Golovkin has received offers from ESPN, DAZN and Premier Boxing Champions.

Canelo is back in action on Saturday night in New York City. He moves up to the super middleweight limit of 168-pounds to challenge WBA "regular" champion Rocky Fielding at Madison Square Garden.

Win or lose, Canelo is planning to return to the middleweight division.

And while he fully intends to fight in May, as part of Cinco De Mayo weekend, there have been zero discussions regarding a third bout with Golovkin.

"No, we have not had any talks or approaches [on a third Golovkin fight]... they are rumors. Me personally, I have not had talks or talked about it. I like to respect what I have in front of me, I have a great challenge on December 15. And once I get past it, I'll take a vacation and then we'll see what's on the table for May. At this time it's only rumors," Canelo told ESPN Deportes.

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-mayweather-raise-boxings-credibility-face-me--134568

Canelo: Mayweather Should Raise Boxing's Credibility - Face Me!
By Miguel Rivera

Two-division world champion Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez would absolutely entertain a rematch with Floyd Mayweather once again, in order to avenge a 2013 twelve round decision loss.

Canelo believes Mayweather is hurting the credibility of the sport with some of his recent fights.

In August 2017, Mayweather snapped a two year retirement to score a tenth round knockout over UFC superstar Conor McGregor in a cross-sport boxing match.

Following the fight with McGregor, Mayweather once again retired from boxing.

But now Mayweather, 41-years-old, is scheduled to face Japanese kickboxing star Tenshin Nasukawa on December 31 in a three round exhibition in Japan.

Canelo has, for a long time, wanted to avenge his only career defeat.

"For a long time, ever since the first defeat that I had with him, they always ask me (about the second with Mayweather) and there's the thorn in my side. I'd love to have that rematch and be able to show other things at this point in my career. I think with more experience it would be very different," said Canelo to ESPN Deportes.

"I would love (to do that rematch), but he is a retired boxer who returns and then he doesn't return... he is with these types of things, we know what he is like. But if there is a possibility and he wants to return to boxing, and he wants to make this fight - I would love it.

"For boxing it would be very good, he would also give boxing something very good... because lately the only thing he has given to boxing is lowering the credibility of boxing with the fights he has done, so it would be good to have a rematch with him.

Even if Mayweather was planning to face Canelo for a second time, the big issue would be the weight. On Saturday night in New York's Madison Square Garden, Canelo will rise up to the super middleweight limit of 168-pounds to challenge WBA "regular" super middleweight champion Rocky Fielding. And Mayweather has never fought beyond the junior middleweight limit of 154 - with 147 being his more natural weight.

@HarryHippey dude you need give it a rest dude lol

You really won't take the Wilder glasses off huh??? lol

'Fury didn’t do anything Wilder can’t overcome'

'The shots he dropped Fury with were there all night'

They are the most meaningless statements in boxing bro, because he couldn't do it, yeah if Fury was a puncher he could of knocked Wilder out too, but Fury isn't puncher, just like Wilder isn't a boxer...

I still think Wilder can land a, I won't say lucky, because I don't believe in lucky punches in boxing, but a 'fortunate' punch on Fury when Fury isn't concentrating and win though...

They have been said this for years with fighters... People 'knew' how to beat Mayweather, bully him, push him around and be aggressive 'like Castillo did' but when it came to it, they couldn't... Same with Loma because of the Saildo fight but once they get in the ring they realise they cant even stand in the same realm as him, a genius like Rigo and a devastating punching 'axe murderer' Walters both ended up quitting on their stools out of pure frustration...

Even with the Kltchsko brothers, people knew what to do to beat them, 'just hit Wlad on the he chin' but realise how big the brothers are once they got in the ring with them, they were tall 6'6 & 6'7 fighters, meaning they stood tall and didn't give away any their hight, and fighters couldnt get passed their jabs, if they did they got tied up.... And thus Wlad ended up becoming unbeaten for a decade and the longest reigning champ behind only Joe Louis...

currently watching and scoring this fight to see who i wanna put money on tonight

This fight crazy early.

Nigga zurdo fucking Hart body up....

That kd looked like it hurt

after 6 i got it

58-55 ramirez

judges had it

115 - 112
114 - 113
115- 112

all for ramirez

teddy had it 114-112 ramirez

i had it 114-113 ramirez

ramirez won this fight with pressure and output.... better footwork and kept Hart's back against the ropes..

Hart had a nice jab, and came on prety good late.....

but i saw nothing that makes me think he can win the rematch tonight....imma go with Ramirez again

no one said fury put on a master performance, but you score each round 3 mins at a time...

fury won more 3minute rounds than wilder....

the only clear rounds for wilder were the two KD's...

the rest of the rounds he struggled his ass off...and fury typically did better....even if it was by a slim margin....

but because he was consistently winning those rounds...i don't see wilder all of a sudden becoming a better boxer by the rematch to take those rounds back...

his best chance is to fight the rematch the exact same way, and just hope that if he touches him he stays down..

if it goes 12 again, fury wins again

Last edited:
wilder by KO or fury by decision..

that's the only two outcomes for this fight....even if they fight 100 times

punch stats prove if Wilder struggled, so did Fury
but round to round, fury won more rounds. you don't score a fight as a whole. you score it round to round...

if fury landed 2 more punches and contoleed the temp of the round... he won that round... and he did that consistently.

i had fury winning 7 rounds of the fight on first watch, 9 rounds on 2nd atch... they were all close rounds, but watching it round by round fury won anywhere between 7-9 rounds of the fight...

i watched it 4 times, and never gave wilder more than 5 rounds. and that was only the first watch, my second, third and fourth watch, i gave him less....

he has the two KD rounds for sure.....

the rest......

Jay-Z-so-so.gif

i sided with fury

Back