Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Added to Calendar: 05-18-24

Who Wins Tonight?

• Tank Davis

• Frank Martin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Loma got exposed how? Did you see Pedraza’s accuracy percentage? The score card says anything but Loma getting exposed lol.
Pedraza was moving well that fight though.

https://www.boxingscene.com/pbc-itv-reveals-details-three-year-content-deal--134523

PBC, ITV Reveals Details of Three Year Content Deal

ITV is delighted to announce today a ground-breaking new deal with Haymon Sports and Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) to bring exclusive coverage of exciting PBC world-class boxing events to ITV viewers and fight fans in the UK.

The unique collaboration is the first time that Haymon Sports and PBC has partnered with a UK broadcaster to stage boxing events regularly in the UK. The exclusive three-year deal will guarantee a minimum of 15 televised events each year, drawing from PBC's unrivalled group of over 160 of the best boxers in the world, which includes more than 60 current and former world champions in matches staged both in the UK and the US. PBC, the sports' pre-eminent boxing brand, is broadcast over cable and network television in the United States.

"This unprecedented deal between PBC and ITV is great news for boxing fans in the UK. We look forward to bringing viewers big events and superb action from some of the world's best fighters in the coming years," said Niall Sloane, ITV Director of Sport.

The world-class action from events for the next three years will include free-to-air broadcasts on ITV's channels, including ITV main channel and ITV4 and ITV Hub, and will also include pay per views on ITV's PPV channel, ITV Box Office.

"Bringing big events to our platforms under this deal allows ITV to build on its aim of developing our direct relationship with viewers as part of our More Than TV strategy," said Julian Ashworth, Director ITV Strategy and Direct to Consumer.

"We're thrilled about this new exclusive three-year deal with ITV, UK's biggest commercial broadcaster, and the opportunity to bring the best boxers in the world to the UK,'' said Tim Smith, Vice President of Communications for Haymon Boxing. "The unique collaboration means ITV's viewers are in for a special treat with PBC's world class boxing events.''

Further announcements on the first PBC shows that will be available to viewers on the ITV platforms will follow in the days to come.

This new deal for boxing adds to ITV Sport's portfolio of first class events, which includes exclusive free to air coverage of the England football team's qualifiers for both the European Championship and World Cup, the 6 Nations and exclusive coverage of the Rugby World Cup, UK horse racing, the Tour de France and the French Open.

Another deal for PBC...

Watched the replay of Wilder vs Fury. Fury was robbed. Even with the 2 knockdowns Fury still won that fight. Wanted to watch it over again before made that statement.
same here... wilder won 5 rounds at most

mot more like 3 or 4

https://www.boxingscene.com/hopkins-wilder-beat-fury-knock-him-out-rematch--134550

Hopkins: Wilder Beat Fury - Will Knock Him Out in Rematch!
By Radio Rahim

Former unified two division champion Bernard Hopkins strongly believes that Deontay Wilder did more than enough to retain his WBC world title earlier this month, when he fought to a controversial twelve round split draw at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.

Wilder was the winner one scorecard, with a tally of 115-111. Fury came up the winner on another, with a score of 114-112. And the final card came down at 113-113.

A rematch is already being planned for the first half of 2019, and the WBC is already on board to sanction the bout.

Fury boxed very well in the fight and frustrated Wilder throughout the twelve rounds.

But Fury was also decked, twice. In the twelfth round it appeared the fight was over when Fury went down hard and appeared to be out cold. In what some saw as a miracle, Fury made it to his feet before the count of ten.

Hopkins felt the knockdowns secured the win for Wilder - and he expects the Bronze Bomber to close the show with a big knockout when the rematch takes place.

"Wilder won this fight. And I can easily say the two knockdowns secured it to me.... based on the rounds that went past those knockdowns. Wilder did lay back a little bit and Fury did throw some punches here and there but they were not effective. Wilder will stop him next time," Hopkins explained to BoxingScene.com.

"I think [Anthony] Joshua is the most fundamentally sound, the most athletic out of all the heavyweights out there. But Wilder, I believe he won the fight.... not by split, but unanimous [decision]. I think he done enough. I think he got the two knockdowns that gave him a huge lead. I think they [the judges] got it wrong, because I didn't see rounds that he lost that made it a draw."

https://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoya-ggg-trilogy-happens-canelo-says-we-call-shots--134531

De La Hoya: GGG 3 Happens When We Say, We Call The Shots!

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya says he's got big plans for WBA/WBC middleweight champion Canelo Alvarez.

Canelo is only days away from his upcoming contest with Rocky Fielding this weekend, and De La Hoya tells TMZ Sports a 3rd fight with Gennady Golovkin will definitely happen.

Oscar confirmed that Golden Boy Promotions has locked up T-Mobile Arena in Vegas for Canelo to fight on May 4 -- but said he's not ready to announce the opponent.

Canelo fought Golovkin to a controversial rematch back in September 2017. They met a year later, with Canelo winning a very close twelve round majority decision.

When we asked if he was gunning for Golovkin, Oscar downplayed it.

"I haven't even spoken to GGG, I haven't even spoken to his handlers. I have that date for Canelo and that's it," Oscar said.

But, he did assure us a 3rd fight is coming -- whenever Canelo feels like it.

"Is he gonna fight GGG again? Yeah, whenever we say he's gonna fight him again. We call the shots now. Canelo beat him so if he's gonna fight him it's gonna be when we say."

Oscar said there are other fighters in the mix for Canelo as well -- including Daniel Jacobs, Billy Joe Saunders and the Charlo brothers.

"They're all gonna get it," Oscar says ... "Canelo fights the best."

First up is Fielding at Madison Square Garden in New York CIty -- and Oscar says he expects nothing short of a knockout.

The contest will mark the first bout for Canelo at the full super middleweight limit of 168-pounds, as the Mexican superstar attempts to capture the WBA "regular" world title. Callum Smith, who knocked out Fielding in one round, is the recognized WBA champion at the weight. Fielding has won six fights since.

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-if-wilder-cares-about-legacy-hell-fight-joshua-next--134528

Hearn: If Wilder Cares About Legacy, He'll Fight Joshua Next
By Keith Idec

The prevailing feeling within the boxing industry is that Eddie Hearn has every intention of scheduling an Anthony Joshua-Dillian Whyte rematch for April 13.

That’ll require Whyte to defeat Dereck Chisora in their own rematch December 22 at O2 Arena in London. Hearn has continued to state, though, that the opponent he and Joshua truly want next is Deontay Wilder.

Joshua’s nemesis seemingly is headed for an immediate rematch with another big Brit, Tyson Fury. That would be a mistake, according to Hearn, whose company promotes Joshua.

“If Wilder wants to be undisputed – he’s always gone on in his career about one face, one name, one king of the division,” Hearn told Sky Sports for a story posted to the British network’s website Tuesday. “The only way you can do that is to win the belts. Anthony Joshua has 75 percent of the belts, but we want that 25 percent. If [Wilder] does want to create a legacy, he’s got to fight Joshua. Then he can fight Fury.

“But he may go straight into the Fury fight. These next couple of weeks are going to be very interesting. It’s great times in the heavyweight division. Anything can happen.”

Joshua (22-0, 21 KOs) owns the IBF, IBO, WBA and WBO titles.

The 2012 Olympic gold medalist won the IBO, WBA and WBO belts only after Fury surrendered those titles in October 2016 to seek treatment for alcoholism, cocaine addiction and depression. The IBF previously stripped Fury of its title in December 2015 for failing to agree to make a mandatory defense in the fight after he upset Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015.

Wilder (40-0-1, 39 KOs) has held the WBC championship for nearly four years. The Tuscaloosa, Alabama, native defended it for the eighth time December 1 at Staples Center in Los Angeles, where he and Fury fought to a controversial split draw.

Wilder and Fury (27-0-1, 19 KOs) have repeatedly expressed their desire for an immediate rematch over the past 10 days. If their second fight takes place at some point between April and June, Wilder, Fury, Joshua and possibly Whyte would be placed on similar schedules that would allow for a heavyweight title unification fight later in 2019.

Assuming Wilder and Fury fight next, an April 13 bout between Joshua and Whyte (24-1, 17 KOs) at least would be a lucrative domestic event at Wembley Stadium in London.

6CA772A3-1E7D-49BC-B24D-847D8A524402.gif

https://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-plans-sit-with-broner-make-him-turn-god--134541

Pacquiao Plans To Sit With Broner, Make Him Turn To God

World Boxing Association (WBA) "regular" welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao believes his upcoming fight with Adrien Broner is the perfect opportunity to sit down with his in-ring rival to discuss the word of God.

Pacquiao will defend his title against Broner on January 19th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, as the main event of a Showtime Pay-Per-View card.

Broner is one of the most controversial figures in the sport, with numerous past arrests for a variety of offenses. And his pre-fight banter is usually explicit.

Pacquiao became an Evangelical Christian in 2012 though his mother Dionecia Dapidran-Pacquiao.

He believes Broner can also be placed on the right path to become a born-again Christian.

"I’d like to share the word of God to him. Yes, he can still change for the better. We understand him,” Pacquiao told The Manila Times.

As far as the upcoming fight, Pacquiao is making a big impression in training camp.

The eight division world champion, who is nearly 40, has been sparring hard with George Kambosos.

Kambosos believes the Filipino superstar still has the punching power to deal Broner his first knockout loss.

Broner has tasted defeat three times in the past, to Shawn Porter, Mikey Garcia and Marcos Maidana - but all of the losses have been by decision. In the loss against Maidana, Broner was down twice and badly hurt - but he showed a lot of heart by fighting his way to the final bell.

“If someone’s gonna knock Broner out, Manny can do it,” Kambosos told The Inquirer.

“I expect Manny to win every round, win convincingly. It’s not an easy fight. Broner is a hell of a fighter, a good boxer and he’s training very, very hard for this fight. This is an opportunity for him to push his career back up. He needs this win but Manny understands that.”

654FEA26-6D12-45C7-9B64-C09DA0B21428.gif

https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-explains-how-mayweather-hurts-his-entire-stable-boxing--134552

Wilder Explains How Mayweather Hurts His Entire Stable, Boxing

WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder is no fan of Floyd Mayweather.

Wilder has been speaking out against Mayweather in the last week or so - after Mayweather made certain statements during Wilder's recent world title defense against Tyson Fury.

Mayweather was ringside at Staples Center on December 1, and stated during a televised interview on Showtime Pay-Per-View - that he scored the first five rounds in favor of Fury - and felt Wilder was on his way to losing the fight. The contest would end in a controversial twelve round split draw.

But Wilder has countered back - calling Mayweather a "hater" who never wants any fighter to exceed his accomplishments in the sport.

Mayweather, 41-years-old, retired from boxing in August of 2017.

Wilder believes Mayweather has mishandled is entire stable of fighters within the Mayweather Promotions banner.

And several of the boxers that Mayweather promotes have publicly complained that Mayweather was either holding them back or stalling their careers. Several fighters have left Mayweather and signed on with other promoters.

"Certain things that go on, they just don't bother me. But certain things I just don't understand though, especially when dealing with him. Over and time again, you see him don't want no one to be bigger than him, make it past him, and you even see that with his own fighters," Wilder told Sports Illustrated.

"He has tremendous fighters in his stable, but how many guys he put out there as superstars. Even at press conferences when he's promoting his fighters - he's always mentioning himself. I don't think he could do nothing without mentioning himself.

"When guys gets to a certain stage [in Mayweather Promotions], that's it... they only get to a certain stage, because he don't let them progress and grow like they should, because he wants the center of attention. And it shouldn't be like that. Boxing should be so much better with the power that he draw and that he has. It's not all about yourself all the time. You have a lot of fighters who are great themselves.... they should be promoted, they should be advertised. It's not just about you, you, you.

"And I tell all of these former champions, if do it right the first time you will never be forgotten. No single man can do it forever. There will always be that next great person to come up and do better things than you, because technology changes as the years go on. That's the issue that he has... it's just he and himself and that's it, and it shouldn't be like that."

giphy.gif

This nigga B-Hop need to cut the bullshit. There are better ways to go against Haymon and fuck with Mayweather since Wilder has a problem with him than to tell flat out lies

Former unified two division champion Bernard Hopkins strongly believes that Deontay Wilder did more than enough to retain his WBC world title earlier this month, when he fought to a controversial twelve round split draw at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.

Wilder was the winner one scorecard, with a tally of 115-111. Fury came up the winner on another, with a score of 114-112. And the final card came down at 113-113.

A rematch is already being planned for the first half of 2019, and the WBC is already on board to sanction the bout.

Fury boxed very well in the fight and frustrated Wilder throughout the twelve rounds.

But Fury was also decked, twice. In the twelfth round it appeared the fight was over when Fury went down hard and appeared to be out cold. In what some saw as a miracle, Fury made it to his feet before the count of ten.

Hopkins felt the knockdowns secured the win for Wilder - and he expects the Bronze Bomber to close the show with a big knockout when the rematch takes place.

"Wilder won this fight. And I can easily say the two knockdowns secured it to me.... based on the rounds that went past those knockdowns. Wilder did lay back a little bit and Fury did throw some punches here and there but they were not effective. Wilder will stop him next time," Hopkins explained to BoxingScene.com.

"I think [Anthony] Joshua is the most fundamentally sound, the most athletic out of all the heavyweights out there. But Wilder, I believe he won the fight.... not by split, but unanimous [decision]. I think he done enough. I think he got the two knockdowns that gave him a huge lead. I think they [the judges] got it wrong, because I didn't see rounds that he lost that made it a draw."

https://www.boxingscene.com/hopkins-wilder-beat-fury-knock-him-out-rematch--134550

This nigga B-Hop need to cut the bullshit. There are better ways to go against Haymon and fuck with Mayweather since Wilder has a problem with him than to tell flat out lies

What? Wilder is signed to PBC last I thought..

Mayweather thing is another ish.

Wilder acting like a bitch. What Floyd said during the fight was true and it wasn't hating.

Tank got to acting like a bitch when Floyd wanted him to fight Lomo. So that some bullshit.

Everybody knows Floyd as a promoter needs Haymon for TV dates and none of PBC fighters fight often enough. So that is somewhat valid.

Yes Floyd does talk about himself more than his fighters. De la Hoya does the same shit and both of them are wrong for that sucka shit.

Here's what Floyd said during the fight. Where is Floyd hating at in what he said?

What? Wilder is signed to PBC last I thought..

Mayweather thing is another ish.

He is, contracts end at some point. Also PBC isn't a promoter so technically Wilder could sign with Golden Boy right now.

Danny Jacobs is a PBC fighter but Eddie Hearn is his promoter.

Funny thing is both Floyd and Wilder are right.

Floyd was correct in his assessment of the fight and Wilder was correct in his assessment of Floyd

Funny thing is both Floyd and Wilder are right.

Floyd was correct in his assessment of the fight and Wilder was correct in his assessment of Floyd

Exactly. Crazy to me that Wilder called that shit hating on him though. Wilder seems sensitive and shit over that fight.

Wilder probably expected his fellow black man to support him regardless, but sorry bruh you just about won 3 rounds in the whole fight, a man can only call it as he sees it

wilder is good for boxing.

he's a good mouth piece...

i like dude a lot.. and i like his willingness to trade and push the action, and if he can actually keep fury down, he can knock him out..

but he's not out boxing him..

wilder was right about the fight...

fury as to be good the whole fight... wilder only gotta be good for one punch...

he landed some good punches, but they weren't good enough to keep him him down

Back