Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

Been on a movie kick lately...
  • Deadpool 2...meh. liked the first one better
  • Hitman's Bodyguard - that movie with Sam Jack and Ryan Reynolds. Better than I expected.
  • Dunkirk. Was cool. Nolan was just flexing visually. Tom Hardy didn't say a single word and stole the movie. One of the fuckin greats.
  • Action Point....smh
  • Ocean's 8 was fun. Only "complaint" was that all their plans went a lil too well lol. Other than that I liked it. I expect a sequel.
  • Coco...wasn't blown away (I was upsold by the Oscar's and people I know that seen it) but it was aite. "Un Poco Loco" is the jam
  • High-Rise...flick about this social experiment where a bunch of people move into a high rise apartment building and class warfare breaks out. Was a good idea but wasn't executed that well.
  • Blue is the Warmest Color...been wanting to see it for years cuz I heard how good it was but I put it off cuz it's 3 hrs long and in French...finally got around to it and umm...it was good but I wasn't that "into it." I probly wouldn't recommend it unless you're really into film. The sex scenes are OD so if yall nasty niggas care about lesbian sex like that I'd recommend it to you lol
  • Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Easily the best movie I've seen the past few weeks. Romance/love stories don't do much for me, but the changeup with the ages got to me. I teared up a few times at the end.
  • Friday the 13th...I've seen some of the shitty sequels but never the original. Movie was fuckin terrible and Jason's mom was straight comedy.

Been on a movie kick lately...
  • Deadpool 2...meh. liked the first one better
  • Hitman's Bodyguard - that movie with Sam Jack and Ryan Reynolds. Better than I expected.
  • Dunkirk. Was cool. Nolan was just flexing visually. Tom Hardy didn't say a single word and stole the movie. One of the fuckin greats.
  • Action Point....smh
  • Ocean's 8 was fun. Only "complaint" was that all their plans went a lil too well lol. Other than that I liked it. I expect a sequel.
  • Coco...wasn't blown away (I was upsold by the Oscar's and people I know that seen it) but it was aite. "Un Poco Loco" is the jam
  • High-Rise...flick about this social experiment where a bunch of people move into a high rise apartment building and class warfare breaks out. Was a good idea but wasn't executed that well.
  • Blue is the Warmest Color...been wanting to see it for years cuz I heard how good it was but I put it off cuz it's 3 hrs long and in French...finally got around to it and umm...it was good but I wasn't that "into it." I probly wouldn't recommend it unless you're really into film. The sex scenes are OD so if yall nasty niggas care about lesbian sex like that I'd recommend it to you lol
  • Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Easily the best movie I've seen the past few weeks. Romance/love stories don't do much for me, but the changeup with the ages got to me. I teared up a few times at the end.
  • Friday the 13th...I've seen some of the shitty sequels but never the original. Movie was fuckin terrible and Jason's mom was straight comedy.
Action point with Johnny Knoxville?? That wasnt any good??

I wasnt expecting it to be super great acting/story wise, but i was looking forward to seeing knoxville fuck himself up for the whole movie haha.

Action point with Johnny Knoxville?? That wasnt any good??

I wasnt expecting it to be super great acting/story wise, but i was looking forward to seeing knoxville fuck himself up for the whole movie haha.
The shit was trash. I have moviepass so it didn't bother me cuz I basically saw it for free....but yea it wasn't good.

Hereditary was wack and not scary lol

Edit: it wasn't wack. I take it back.

Last edited:
What was it because I was gonna watch it
It wasn't wack. I'd suggest watching it tho just to see what the hype is about.

I put a lot of stock into people telling me how scary it was and I went in expecting to have my life ruined and I was completely fine. The story itself is kind of a trip tho. I haven't put all the pieces together for myself but it's not a bad movie imo.

I put a lot of stock into people telling me how scary it was and I went in expecting to have my life ruined and I was completely fine. The story itself is kind of a trip tho. I haven't put all the pieces together for myself but it's not a bad movie imo.
I saw that shit opening night. After leaving the theater I thought it was wack af. The longer I thought about it the more I felt I would appreciate it more if I watched it again haha. That ending was a trip. One thing I didnt like about it was the build up was so slow. The mom acted the fuck out of her role tho

Well I wanna watch what you like to see

Do you like gore like how the first hostel was?

Just saw Sicario 2

giphy.gif

Back