Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

On Netflix about two months ago..

What Happened Miss Simone? - documentary on late great NINA Simone... These great artistes are tortured souls... One of the greatest pianists of the 21st century...

Dayveon - set in rural Arkansas within a knitted Black community about a boy suffering a loss and dealing with the travails of the streets... Low budget indie

A_Quiet_Place_film_poster.png

Good shit.. a suspenseful and creative film.. I enjoyed this joint a lot..

Cargo-Movie-poster.jpg

Decent zombie flick.. nothing mind-blowing though IMO

a3cc6177369e42baa2f0004463b6f7948654b3f9.jpg

I was living in canada during the mid 90s to early 2000s. So all the vince/TO stuff was a trip down memory lane. Toronto was always a dope city even before vince joined the raps. But he did ALOT for ball in the city. I do remember fans booing him for years after tho.

28378719_1809250309099139_7510293988288266236_n.jpg

Solid watch. Couple laughs. Again too fuckin long, 2hrs is way tooooo long. lol at the old grandpa

Last edited:
Reasonable Doubt (netflix)

2/5

this shit had a spark then fizzled tf away real quick. I kinda figured everything out after 15 min, but i was hoping that wasnt the case

Another Sam Jackson straight to dvd kinda movie

MV5BNjAyMjg0MTMtZmUxZC00MzhiLTk1YzYtOGE4YWNmYmIzMjc4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

On Netflix over the weekend...

It educated me more on Iovine than Dre... His Italian heritage and his production skills

And Dre subliminally put to bed allegations he don't play instruments by laying smooth notes on a grand piano... Nigga an all rounder ; started as a DJ

Babadook 2/5

I wasn't scared, frightened or anything

Movie kinda sucked

One of the realest horror movies made cause it doesn't deal in supernatural but real life shit that families be going through when dealing with mental illness.

One of the realest horror movies made cause it doesn't deal in supernatural but real life shit that families be going through when dealing with mental illness.
So nothing was real then?

Who ate the dog food at the end then?

Went and saw hereditary yesterday.

That shit was ASS. I'm blown away by the positive reviews. Also the movie was weird as hell.

I remember seeing these horror classics in recent weeks (if you could call them that)

Hannibal
The Shining
An American Werewolf In London

Back