Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

Me and wifey started watching Come Sunday tonight but I had to get back to Lost in Space so I ain't finish it. What I watched of it was really good though so I'll get back to it.

Great cast. Chiwetel Ejiofor, dude from Atlanta and Get Out, Martin Sheen, Danny Glover, etc. White dude assistant is famous too, but can't remember his name.

Gotta read up on his bio, dude is really strong in his doctrine

Its been a while since i post lets see if i remember what ive seen recently..

p15275012_p_v8_aa.jpg

FIRST MATCH

Movie is about a wayward child jumping from home to home as a foster..she searching for her self.. her family (father) and has a passion. The only thing good her father gave her was wrestling.. she loved it.. The father gets out of jail daughter bumps into the dad and he trys to captalize from it The most stable thing in her life was this one foster parent who just wanted her to do well and her best friend eventually she found a family..

0366GU.jpg

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 2

Cool flick alot of action had hilarious moments Yondu was actually redeemable.. Groot is hilarious..

doctor_strange_ver4.jpg

DOCTOR STRANGE

Didnt know anything about Doctor Strange.. But damn dude is powerful manipulating everything at his will im still not sure if hes a good guy or a bad guy . Decent watch . I watch so i can get familiar .

I'm in the minority but I didn't like it at all. I thought it was annoying and even more so boring.

It had its slow parts but the way the mom was losing her grip on reality reminded me heavily of The Shining which is a movie I love.

I gotta check out A quiet place because I’ve heard nothing but great things about it.

Me and wifey started watching Come Sunday tonight but I had to get back to Lost in Space so I ain't finish it. What I watched of it was really good though so I'll get back to it.

Great cast. Chiwetel Ejiofor, dude from Atlanta and Get Out, Martin Sheen, Danny Glover, etc. White dude assistant is famous too, but can't remember his name.

Saw the trailer for this and it got me curious... Will see it with the missus whenever we free

250px-TheJoelMcHaleShow.png

Watched all series on Netflix (he was formerly on E! couple years ago)

Hilarious the way he takes snippets from reality TV and clowns it... It's a new episode every Sunday

Damn, they remade Overboard?

Loved that movie when I was younger

Saw this last night and it was pretty good. Numerous plot twists throughout the movie literally to the final scene. If you like thrillers, I would suggest this movie. Liam Neeson never disappoints me.

I forgot I saw the trailer for this when I went to see Black Panther. Seems like a lot of good movies are droppin this year. Hopefully, this Equalizer 2 will be as good as the first one.

Saw this last night and it was pretty good. Numerous plot twists throughout the movie literally to the final scene. If you like thrillers, I would suggest this movie. Liam Neeson never disappoints me.

Thanks Blac, I'ma check this out later today

The Babadook!!! I know I’m hella late but this movie is wild!! One of the better suspense/horror movies I’ve seen in a long time.

I love that movie. That was the first movie in a long time to actually creep me out when I first saw it haha. It's odd I find that a ton of foreign horror movies that are often low budget are waaaaaaaaaaay better than a lot of these american horror films.

I think lower budget horror films do a lot better of a job with horror and suspense anyways since it relies on a sense of realism and not a whole bunch of big special effects. There's still good horror movies coming out, but for me atleast it's a genre that has had less and less quality releases as I've gotten older.

DEADPOOL

Didnt know anything about him coming in.. Even got the title confused with Daredevil.. dont know much about that either but that neither here nor there.

I saw trailers quick clips previously..i guess when it came out.. I really didnt know what to think. I dont have a comic background so i was blind..

The low brow humor i could do without but it was kept at a tolerable level .. But it was funny otherwise with the roasting they were doing.. The not a here Hero bit is cool.. because he doesnt work along the same moral guidance as other heroes.. He just does what he has to do with no fucks given.

Im assuming this shit was R upon googling just now confirmed.. thats refreshing to see a more liberated comic book movie so to speak..it was weird seeing home girl from Gotham in that role.. Looking forward to the forthcoming movie

Checked out a doc on netflix called "the magic pill". It's all about the ketogenic diet and mainly focuses on its benefits to different diseases like diabetes, alzheimers, and kids with autism. Was a really dope watch and it also goes into other issues like factory farming and ways the environment can be changed if we changed the way our food is grown. Super dope watch for anyone into food docs.

I myself have been on the ketogenic diet for weight loss. Losses 130lbs so far and don't plan to ever go back to a carb/sugar filled diet.

Jus watched Black Panther. Movie was dope af. Better than i thought it would be. Killmonger that dude.

Batman Ninja - I Rented This Shit On Amazon Prime For 6 Bucks Expecting Absolute Fire But The Shit Was A Pretty Big Let Down
Anime And Batman What Could Be Better? Not To Mention The People Involved Making It....The Dialogue Was Weak AF And The Narrative Is Basically Every Anime Trope/Cliche In The Book Using Batman And His Rogue Gallery...

I Stopped It Half Way Once The Castles Starting Forming Into Giant Robots Like Voltron...GTFOH

Damn
Batman Ninja - I Rented This Shit On Amazon Prime For 6 Bucks Expecting Absolute Fire But The Shit Was A Pretty Big Let Down
Anime And Batman What Could Be Better? Not To Mention The People Involved Making It....The Dialogue Was Weak AF And The Narrative Is Basically Every Anime Trope/Cliche In The Book Using Batman And His Rogue Gallery...

I Stopped It Half Way Once The Castles Starting Forming Into Giant Robots Like Voltron...GTFOH
Damn, thats dissapointing how do mess up batman and anime?? But, ill still check it out eventually

Back