Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

Just watched this on netflix last night.

This was a fucking AWESOME movie. good humor, lot of serious moments. Great all around. If you're a fan of the National Lampoon brand, you should probably like this.

Just watched this on netflix last night.

This was a fucking AWESOME movie. good humor, lot of serious moments. Great all around. If you're a fan of the National Lampoon brand, you should probably like this.

DL'd about check this out at work 2nite

Was gonna watch Mudbound but it looks so boring

Jóhann Jóhannson dies aged 48

The Icelandic composer died yesterday at home in Berlin.

johannjohannson.jpg

Jóhann Jóhannson has died.

The Icelandic composer, who was 48, passed away yesterday in his apartment in Berlin. The circumstances of his death are not known. "It is with profound sadness that we confirm the passing of our dear friend Jóhann," read a statement, written by his management company, on his Facebook page. "We have lost one of the most talented and brilliant people who we had the privilege of knowing and working with. May his music continue to inspire us."

Jóhannson had composed several notable scores for film, including his Golden Globe and BAFTA-nominated work for Arrival. His also worked with the director Denis Villeneuve on Prisoners and Sicario, the latter of which was nominated for an Academy Award for best original score, as was his music for 2014's The Theory Of Everything. He was also credited as a sound and music consultant for Darren Aronofsky's most recent film, Mother!. His last artist album, for Deutsche Grammophon, was 2016's Orphée.

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=41047

Den of Thieves was actually pretty good.

Not a top 5 heist movie by any means but it was a fun watch.

Yeah I saw this shit tonight, was better than I expected. Took me a min to fully process the twist at the end. The plot got silly at some spots but the acting was spot on from everybody.

1st time watching Flight and Denzel Washington was calm as shit handling that crash. Pretty solid movie overall.

Also watched Roman J. Israel and it was okay. Not what I initially thought the movie would be about though

just saw batman gotham by gaslight and was pretty good. Surprised at the profanity and themes but I dont watch a lot of movies and getting older has me out of tune with a lot so maybe its the norm now.

also finished wathcing geralds game. was alright, the pedo themes was disturbing.

just saw batman gotham by gaslight and was pretty good. Surprised at the profanity and themes but I dont watch a lot of movies and getting older has me out of tune with a lot so maybe its the norm now.

I just watched that too

Was an interesting twist on Batman.

Also my 1st time watching a DC Universe animated movie

GOOK - 2017. (See attachment)

Highly recommend this film
It's an indie film that's black and white. It's set in 1992 Los Angeles after the Rodney King verdict. It's a story based on the multicultural landscape of the city and how tense things were during that time in the city..
Sidenote :: the main actor is writer and director and you can feel the passion he had for this movie because it is HIS movie through and through

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 29
I watched Gotham by Gaslight this too. I binged on Batman animated movies last weekend.

Never watched them before. They were really good.

I've seen a whole lot over the past month. Even compiled a list but I'll just post what i seen in the cinema

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri - very good film. Great acting by the leads and a strong original script too

I like how irony played a big part in the screenplay.. Funnily enough the movie was directed by an Irish dude about American Midwesterners. 5/5

Phantom Thread - the movie which happens to be Daniel Day-Lewis' last act on screen; big fan of his method acting

Some folk have described it as boring but anyone who lives in England like I do will appreciate it..its one of them award laden films that's low key and doesn't take itself seriously

DDL killed it again playing a fashion designer who is a commitment phobe as regards relationships with women

And again another irony: it's a British based film directed by an American. 4/5

Imperium - 8/10

Its about Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) who works as an accountant with the FBI and takes an undercover assignment infiltrating a white supremacist organization / network. This was a really believable movie that sticks to the current theme of white supremacists being a coworker, politician, law enforcement, etc and how they are riled up through direct dialogue and / or dog whistle dialogue of television hosts.

imperium.jpg

the-disaster-artist-poster.jpg

Just watched this movie last night. This movie was fucking AWESOME. Very surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Had a good amount of seriousness, but a lot of laughs along the way. Franco did a fucking awesome job with this movie. Acting, Writing, and Directing.

way behind right now....havent seen a new movie in a good 4-6 months (theater wise)

got a few i've seen here saved on netflix

Blade Runner 2049 - I Didn't Like This Movie As Much As Everybody Else Did But It Was A Decent Follow-up To The O.G.
Quite Honestly It Felt Like A Unnecessary Sequel. It Repeated The Same Themes From The Original Without Adding Anything New IMO.
It Lacked The Gravitas And "Weight" Of Ridley Scott's Masterpiece. Also The O.G.s Production Design Shits On The New One.

3 Billboards Outside Of Ebbing, MO - Another Good Not Great Movie. Rockwell And McDormand Did Their Thing. Co-Sign @Ounceman
Shit Did Feel Very Cohen-esque.

Murder On The Orient Express - Really Nice Remake. Good Ensemble Cast. Kenneth Branagh Did A Dope Job Directing And Playing The Detective Poirot. Good Fun Watch If You Like Whodunits.

Blank Panther - Fire! Instant Classic.

Dunkirk - Nice Movie To Look At. I Think I Need To Re Watch This Because I Don't Get All The Hype. The Shit Was Kinda Dry If I'm Being Totally Honest. I Fucks With Nolan Too.

Back