Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movie Night (Official Movie Discussion Thread)

I wanted to go see Molly's Game last week but it wasn't playing at neither theaters I go to. Tried to catch it on Kodi but it wasn't on there yet for streaming.
I saw it. It was good. It got really white towards the end but you can stall it out...lol. Reminded me of Goodfellas in a way where the chick narrated her life story.

It wasn't Goodfellas but you know what I'm saying...

Bolded kinda took me out the movie but not enough to where I didn't like it. It was really good overall.

I aint like how they chumped off like the ONE brotha in the whole fuckin movie.. that was wack to me...lol snitching.. cowardly etc...

Other than that part... it was aite imo

....that chick a freak for fuckin an aquatic creature tho lol

Hell yeah. Like, what makes you think you can just turn a room in an apartment into an aquarium?

That fish dick had her turnt all the way out, nh.
Yea it looked fly af but the logic of it was not hitting me at all lol.

I will say the more I thought about the movie after seeing it i liked it more. I'd put it up there with pan's labyrinth as far as Guillermo del Toro's best movies

Saw this movie starring Nick Cage called Mom and Dad. It was so terrible that it was hilarious.
I knew going in it would be bad, but I just love seeing Nick Cage be over the top.
Basically, it was about parents going crazy in zombie fashion except they only have urges to kill their own kids.

I, Tonya was a hell of a movie. As a general principle I try not to have sympathy for white women, but it was hard not to. Her life was shit and she hardly ever got a word of encouragement.

I, Tonya was a hell of a movie. As a general principle I try not to have sympathy for white women, but it was hard not to. Her life was shit and she hardly ever got a word of encouragement.
it's called "I, Tonya"?

Just finished the shape of water.

14kwrhk.gif

Maybe the movie just wasn’t for me. Sally Hawkins did her thing though.

Netflix binge...

Polka King....iight comedy about a polish con man polka singer. Meh watch. The mother in law stole the show n JB Smoove was funny.

Cop Car...Kevin Bacon killed this shit, kids were cool. Solid odd ball watch.

The Details...dark odd ball comedy. Gets alil absurb, still funny. The reveal was goat. So much bad shit happened to dude. Decent watch. @D. Morgan

Wheelman...hot pile of dog shit. Waste of 1h 1/2

The Babysitter....iight horror/comedy. Couple laughs here n there. Smash the main snow flake tho

Last edited:
Patti cakes (see attachment)

What to say but its kind of like 8 mile but falls way short. Main character is fat white girl who wants to become a rap star. Basically thats the direction of the movie. The character can rap but its definitely a weird movie..

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    12.3 KB · Views: 38
I watched a documentary directed by Judd Apatow last night called May it Last: A Portrait of the Avett Brothers.

The avett brothers are a folk band from North Carolina that were indie for a long time but recently signed to Rick Rubin. I dont even fuck with folk music like that, but the doc made me a fan. Dope doc.

Den of Thieves was actually pretty good.

Not a top 5 heist movie by any means but it was a fun watch.

Back